on September 12, 2007
I have been shopping for a dress skeleton watch for some time and stumbled onto the EE Dorado. I'd not heard of this company before, so I checked their website (they are a long-established German watch manufacturer), so I took a chance. This watch is a BEAUTY! It's far and away the best looking "skel" I've found for the price, and if the almost $800 retail price is to be believed (MSRP on watches is highly inflated), then this watch is a steal. The only other watch I was considering was an Android with a metal bracelet (an entirely different look) and at almost twice the price. I did notice there is no country of manufacture shown anywhere on the watch or the packaging. Although this is a German company, it makes me wonder if they are making these in China or someplace overseas. I've got only a few complaints-the clasp is difficult to open/close and the gold hands can be difficult to see (no contrast with the gold mechanism and no illumination). However, I'm so mesmorized by the sheer elegence of this watch, I really don't mind. Beautiful wooden box, too! A real keeper that I'd highly recommend. The vendor was also very prompt with shipping-it even came insured.
on November 2, 2007
I searched for some time to buy a skeleton watch and a watch with all the clockworks (without battery)
it is the best deal that I found
the look is great near perfect, I wore it for 2 weeks now and it is really beautiful
just one small thing the balance wheel give only few hours of remaining power ( about 8-10 hours) so you have to wear it every day or to readjust the time each time that you want to wear it but it take only 5 seconds to do it so it is realy a detail
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I saw the watch and base on the pictures , was very captivated by it. I personally own a BAUME MERCIER Capeland model and was expecting a awesome piece. here's my thoughts: I do agree with some reviews about the weight..it feels very light , like there is no substance to it...almost "plasticky". For a retail of $798..I was expecting a heavier watch.
Other reviews are correct about the time hands blending in with the background...IT IS VERY HARD TO SEE THE TIME. buy this more for the look , because you will definitely have a hard time see the time hands.
The packaging is nice with a nice box. The phamplets and manual are very simple, nothing special. No country of origins on anything it comes in. NONE, NADA, ZILCH.
I actually contemplated sending it bsck because i was dissapointed at first, i decided to wear it for a few days so be sure.
I found that IT IS VERY EYE CATCHING. people will ask you about it and if you need a conversation starter...this will work. I actually grew to like it and am keeping it. For $198 ( what I paid ) it's not too bad for a watch piece...i don't know if this will be an HEIRLOOM PIECE, i doubt it, but it is nice looking so for sentimental value it does have an appeal.
It is now part of my wardrobe with my other watches. if you are looking for a skeleton watch, this is not too bad of a choice...it will do fine. If you are expecting too much...this may not be the watch for you.
but $198 for this watch is fair. I guess I will recommend it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 5, 2008
I received this Dorado watch a little over a year ago and it is as stunning to look at today, as it was when I received it as a birthday gift. This is without a doubt the sharpest looking watch I have ever owned and I can't believe the number of compliments I get every time I wear it. I do have to admit that I am not easy on any of the watches I wear; yet this has held up beautifully. We recently purchased another one for our nephew and it was the number one hit gift item at his college graduation party. For good looks, terrific quality and a wonderful value, I recommend it highly. It also comes with a nice wood gift box.
on August 7, 2008
Verified Purchase
Actually I bought this watch for my wife, as her and myself are watch collectors. I have several skeleton watches, and she loves them. She told me that she wanted a skeleton watch, she also wanted an automatic watch. I went to searching since her birthday was coming up soon. Well I went ahead and showed her a pic of the Eric Edelhausen Dorado watch, she said oh I love it. Then I knew I was getting her the right watch.The watch arrived just a couple of days later, she was blown away by it. It is one of her favorite watches. Why do watch companys not make more skeleton watches for women ? I highly reccomend this watch to both men and women. Women now are wearing larger watches these days. My overall experience with Amazon was top notch.I would buy from them again if I see an item that I need. Thanks again, Amazon
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I got mine as birthday gift and it`s just amazing. The most bautiful watch I`ve ever seen. Everybody`s asking me about it. The selfwinding mechanism is just perfect. It lasts more that 15 hours. I LOVE IT!!!
on October 26, 2009
Verified Purchase
This is the sort of watch that will be noticed!
Some will love it, some will hate it and that is seen in these reviews.
Mixed reviews and for a good reason:

This is a beautiful watch, design is awesome, weight is somewhat light but it doesn't feel plastic and that's because it's stainless steel. Not heavy, like some reviewers mention but it i think that makes this watch very confortable exactly because of that.

At this price, i thought it was a good purchase, and i'm very happy with it.
Keeps good time, mine doesn't loose that many minutes as some said but this is not the kind of watch you look for accuracy, it's a fun watch to wear and in that case, it's very cool.
It's flashy, too much perhaps. I agree that this watch seems very ambitious since everyone will notice that golden "thing" in your wrist and it certainly seems like a expensive watch.

It has indeed a chinese movement so this is not that great jewerly many were saying it should be but it's not expensive and as such i think people are beeing a bit harsh when saying this is not a high quality piece. You get what you payed for: a fun, cheap enough watch that looks awesome. Design is above all other qualities with this watch but that's ok for the price and i can't find anything like it anywhere! That's great! :) It is unique and impressive!
You will not find another watch in this price range that looks like this. Compact and nice to look at, perfect for parties! ;)

Like our friend from Moscow says, be carefull when using the watch in dangerous places because it will atract attentions and seems very expensive. That could get you to be robbed with such a shiny thing in your wrist!

Pointers are difficult to see in anything but good light but then again, you buy this watch for looks, not function. ;)
Not the easiest watch to wind because crown is too close to case but other than that, i have no complaints.
Nice to have in your collection unless you only like superior, non chinese watches.
Very happy with my purchase, seller was very fast in sending the watch and arrived in perfect condition. Like many said, the wooden box is a delight and i use it ( as manual describes ) to keep some of my unused watches.
on January 11, 2009
Verified Purchase
This watch is as beautiful as it looked online (even moreso, as you can feel it's weight too!).

I have found it keeps great time (have not had to adjust it since I put it on)

Would buy again in a heartbeat
on January 4, 2012
Verified Purchase
I got this for my boyfriend for Christmas as he has wanted a skeletal watch for quite sometime and he absolutely loves it! I did a lot of research on skeletal watches before deciding on this one as it was by far the best looking one. And it came out looking even better in person.

The few complaints people had such as the weight and the fact that 4 is written incorrectly as IIII were both accurate however they do not make the watch look any less fancy or cheaper. Everywhere we go he gets compliments and it works and looks fantastic so I don't see any negative things to say about it.

The company also got the watch here faster than the expected delivery date which was impressive considering I ordered it during the holiday season.

All in all a great product and if you're looking for a skeletal watch you can't go wrong with this one.
on January 29, 2011
Verified Purchase
The watch is great, works and gets noticed. Could easily pass for a $1000 watch if it was a little heavier.

See 1 answered question