Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Ty Dolla Sign egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

Eric is out as a HEA possibility?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 7:01:58 PM PST
LLE says:

Sookie has very low-self-esteem and that why she stay with Bill until he betray her and rape her. I have aunt and her husband order her that she no longer can see her family and included her own mother. My aunt obey him and did not have much contact with her mother and family. My grandmother did not see her grandchildren grow up at all. Bill told Sookie what clothes to wear, what foods she can't eat, no longer taking vitamins because Bill did not like the taste, and she had no choice if she was in the mood for sex. Sookie did not have choice of any of it. Sookie was another victim of being abuse.

I would like to see Sookie realizing what Bill did to her in the relationship and why they are no longer a couple. Bill does not have remorse for any of the things that he has done to her.

CH has known Sookie's HEA since book two and said that she has not change her mind. CH wanted to kill Bill off in book nine but was talk out of it. Bill was almost kill. Bill is out of the running for long time for the suiter. CH said that because she wanted Bill's fans to still read her books.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 7:05:43 PM PST
LLE says:

Eric never act like it or another vampire what Bill did in the grave yard. Bill did not act like a vampire but animal. We seen other vampires grieve but they sure did not act like Bill did.

Bill could had kill Sookie or anyone else in the area.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 7:11:21 PM PST
YogiD says:
LLE - I think that most can agree that Bill isn't going to be her HEA and I believe even Booklover has said something similar (correct me if I'm wrong). I think Sam is still in the running, as much as it pains me to say such things. I'm having an awful psychic premonition that he is going to come in to the mix in the next couple novels and somehow make her happy. Okay, I have no psychic premonitions but I think he would be boring to the Nth degree.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 7:16:47 PM PST
N. Huskins says:
Danderson, you are correct, I loved the Anita Blake serious, but something has gone seriously wrong lately. She may not of had sex the first couple of books and I was disappointed but Laurell K. Hamilton kept us going with Anita trying to choose between Richard and J-C. The fact that Anita was a kick butt, U.S. Marshall, and each book had new and interesting murders for her to solve is what kept me going, even after she caught the aurdeur from J-C after completing the marks. But the tiger storyline has started to get really old, the last book was bout the gold tigers and we knew who was killing them. The storyline has moved from the mystery of her solving crime to her boinking anyone and everyone; poor J-C, he loves her and only wanted her for himself. I don't know if I would say she has grown, whenever she doesn't get her own way she would .itch and leave until everyone agreed with her. I'm hoping the next one will bring me back into the fold and like Danderson, I did enjoy the books and I would suggest reading at least the first 17 books.

What is BDB?

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 7:21:46 PM PST
YogiD says:
BDB is Black Dagger Brotherhood. Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 1) This series is one of the best paranormal romance series out there in my opinion. Seriously, GO READ IT NOW! It will not let you down. I promise!

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 7:26:19 PM PST
booklover39 says:
All the Bill fans are correct when they say that Bill has been there for Sookie willing to do anything for her that needs to be done. It's just a shame that he wasn't there or willing to do anything and everything for her when they were together, only now when he is trying to get her back.

N.H. - You're right it is a shame that Bill realized too late that he loved sookie. I can't agree that he "wasn't there for her when they were together". You are making assumptions about a relationship that was never fully explored by CH at least not to the extent that S/E relationship was developed. Instead of dealing with their relationship, warts and all, CH sent Bill to Peru and effectively ended the romance. I can't justify all of Bill's choices. He's made many mistakes, but his ability to evolve and grow is evident and I'd like for those fans who don't like Bill to just once admit that his character has evolved. But some fans are more interested in holding him to his mistakes. Redemption is not an option apparently especially when the flavor of the month is available - whether it is Eric, Sam or Alcide. I've invested time and energy into this series and I like to see characters that change and evolve. Eric has made great strides and I think Bill has as well.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 7:31:11 PM PST
booklover39 says:
DA, no you dont' have to read highlander first. The books are set centuries apart. The fae lore is explored in both. I would read the fever series and let me know what you think of Jerricho Barrons

I highly recommend BDB and the Sentinal Wars. Both are great romance and fantasy stories with rich characters and settings

Nice chatting, but I'm off for some time with my hubby.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 7:45:36 PM PST
YogiD says:
Booklover - You made me think of something......I wonder how in the hell CH is going to wrap this WHOLE story up in the next two books? I'm almost nervous for her. My point is, I wonder how she's going to wrap up all the supporting characters as well as the major characters story lines. Perhaps they won't get wrapped up.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 9:17:35 PM PST
Kira says:
Just so you know, there is a thread on the DR forum that discusses other books and characters. It's called So if you like Eric or Bill, what other fictional males do you like? I've discovered some good books from that thread.

Danderson, IDK if you've read any spoilers or the one review that was taken down about DL. That review said that there is a "jaw-dropping revelation" that involves a new character. Sookie uses the cd in this book and apparently spends a lot of time figuring out what to use it for. It also said that there's a lot of bad vibes floating around BT. says that there are deaths, births (probably Tara's twins), and a marriage. It seems like this book will answer a lot of questions, but not all of them. I doubt that CH will end the series with every storyline totally wrapped up. I believe CH has said that she will wrap up all of the major storylines but some of the small ones won't be.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 9:21:43 PM PST
LLE says:
Danderson, I don't think it will be Sam because CH made up her mind in book two whom going to be Sookie's HEA. Sam was having sex with the creature that poison Sookie. Sam knew that the creature harm Sookie but he did not care and still had sex with creature.

Bill ran off to kill humans and did not bother to check to see if Sookie was alright
Sam slept with creature that try to harm Sookie.

It's more like CH is teasing the readers and to keep them guessing who going to be Sookie's HEA.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 3:08:57 AM PDT
N. Huskins says:
booklover39, how can you say that Bill running off to Peru ended their relationship? I think it had more to do with him cheating on Sookie, his lying to her and the fact that he was leaving her with no word. Even though they didn't have the chance to talk about it, Sookie did say she wasn't going back to him even if she did still loved him.

And for those people who think that Bill never raped Sookie, that it was just bad form on his part and part of his vampire nature; well he knew he'd done wrong the minute he'd finished. He even asked her if it had been 'voluntary' and she turned her head from side to side. It may have been his vamp nature, but he'd known he'd hurt her physically and mentally, because once he'd finished and come back to himself, he'd started pulling her together while saying, 'oh no', 'oh no'. Apart from then saying oh no, oh no, he has never apologised to her for what happened, so for this I'm quite happy to hold him to his past mistake. How can Sookie move past this when he has never apologised to her for it?

People have alluded to Sam being sneaky, secretive and having ulterior motives, I haven't picked up on that, but then i've taken the books on face value, where as people have obviously read more into it than I have. I've always liked Sam, right up until he slept with a creature (actually it was more on going than just the once), that tried to kill Sookie. And it wasn't even like the meaned had a beef with Sookie and was getting revenge etc., she just picked her to make a point to Eric. I can't believe Sam would actually sleep with someone that would do something like that, let alone have a relationship with a person who scarred and poisoned Sookie, someone he claims to care about. I always thought it was really strange that he told Sookie that he didn't care if she was in his head, I suppose the fact he could shut her out means he didn't have to worry about her learning anything she shouldn't have. Where did he learn to do that? No-one else apart from Hunter knows when Sookie is in their head, and no-one else has shown the ability to expel her?

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 6:20:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2012 6:24:31 AM PDT
cmh....You're right, Bill was reluctant. Per CH. Here is her statement: "I think Bill knew very quickly, however reluctantly, that Sookie was not just an assignment; and let me point out that he was not anxious or willing to undertake the assignment."

NH.... Bill did not run off to Peru. Rather, Bill was shipped off to Peru by SA, and Eric, imo, made sure he was delayed there...Eric wanted Bill out of his way, as he began to pursue Sook. This E-mail from the SSC confirms that.

Eric , ever helpful!, "contacted several vamps he knew"..vamps who owed him a favor, bc that's how Eric rolls!, and I bet they kept Bill busy, extra busy, a good long while. As Eric, free of Bill's presence began his pursuit of Sookie.

Bill has apologized with his actions since then, and she is well aware of his true

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2012 7:45:58 AM PDT
Kira says:
N. Huskins, I'm one of those who thinks Sam could be a shifty shifter. On the surface of things, he seems like a pretty good guy, and it could turn out that he is one. There's just a lot of little things that don't add up with him. Like you mentioned, there's his ability to block Sookie from reading his mind. It's seems pretty wierd that he would know how to do that unless he had been trained. He's not the only person that can do that though. Amelia's mentor Octavia was able to block Sookie too.

I don't know why Sam likes or dates women that want to hurt Sookie. He slept with the maenad, he liked Tanya, and he's now dating Jannalynn. I would think if he really liked Sookie that he'd avoid women that hate her. Also Sam says that he likes to stay out of supe politics, but he sure knows *a lot* about them. In STW, he was talking about supe message boards, and in DR, he knew tons of info from the supe library. IDK why he'd be involved in that stuff if he supposedly wants to stay out of it. And in FDTW, Niall told Sookie not to tell anyone about him, then Niall shows up at Merlotte's to see Sookie while Sam is there. I think it's wierd that Niall showed himself to Sam. Sam cut his hair several books back and no longer has his halo of hair.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 9:16:06 AM PDT
booklover39 says:
N.H., when I said that Bill going to peru effectively ended their relationship, I was talking about CH's writing of the relationship. As far as I can remember, Bill and Sookie never discussed a "breakup". Sookie certainly had issues with Bill and he wanted to talk, but the timing was off and they, like many couples, appeared to misread each other. My feeling is that CH purposely ended their relationship that way. Sookie has never dealt with her feelings for Bill, whatever they are, and I think that is one of the loose ends that needs to be wrapped up. Honestly, Bill never had an opportunity to apologize for his actions because sookie was not open to discussing it and then he left. Once Bill left for Peru, Sookie moved on to Eric and the witch storyline and then she never looked back, but Bill was always around, in one way of the other, and I just think that CH did that on purpose. One reason was to sell books, but I'm hoping there is a s/l reason as well. Maybe she'll have sookie deal with the abuse a lot of fans believe she suffered at Bill's hands. I just hope there is some kind of closure - for me if not for sookie LOL

For those of you who feel that Sam betrayed sookie because of his relationship with the maenad, I believe that the same logic applies her as the trunk scene. Sam is a shifter and he went with his shifter gut about the maenad and I don't deny him that adventure. As far as I can tell Sookie doesn't either. It's a fantasy world and I'm of the opinion that we need to embrace the fantasy and stop trying to make it work in a human world. I don't think Sam betrayed sookie. I also think that a HEA with Sam would be safe and boring and I hope that CH doesn't go there. I think sookie has come too far in the supe world to go back.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 9:22:22 AM PDT
booklover39 says:
I don't know why Sam likes or dates women that want to hurt Sookie. He slept with the maenad, he liked Tanya, and he's now dating Jannalynn. I would think if he really liked Sookie that he'd avoid women that hate her.

Kira, there may be more going on with Sam than we realize, but I don't think so. I also don't think that Sam dates women who hate sookie, at least on purpose. Perhaps they learn to hate sookie after then realize how much Sam cares for her. And let's face it, sookie dates vampires who constantly put her in danger. He isn't happy about her choices any more than she is happy about his, but a good friend can over look poor choices and learn to be there for the other person. I think Sam and Sookie had a good friendship and I think sookie agrees. When she thought she was going to die during the Felipe Castro takeover, it was Sam she thought of, Sam her friend. She doesn't hold any ill will towards him for any choices he has made. She only wants his happiness.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 9:52:10 AM PDT
booklover39 says:
I wonder how she's going to wrap up all the supporting characters as well as the major characters story lines.

DA, what s/l do you think need to be wrapped up besides Sookie's HEA?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2012 10:49:40 AM PDT
LLE says:
booklover39, The relationship ended when Sookie left Jackson and what Bill did to her was the last straw for Sookie. I can't see Sookie making love to Bill after the trunk. The reason CH wrote the Bill going to Peru was so she can put Eric with Sookie. If Bill did not go to Peru, Sookie would not take Bill back and she still would had gotten involved with Eric. Bill and Sookie had May to December romance and Sookie dump Bill and went to the next guy Eric. Sookie settle with Bill in the first place because she did not want to be alone. Sookie was lonely all her life until she found Bill because she could not read his mind. It's like putting your head into sand and she really did not know Bill at all.

Sookie never daydream about taking Bill back and Sookie sure did about Eric.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2012 10:51:47 AM PDT
LLE says:

CH did mention that she going to kill a lot of characters. The only two characters that she said she won't kill is Sookie and Eric.

I can see Bill dying in the next book and the last book Sam.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 11:07:38 AM PDT
booklover39 says:
The relationship ended when Sookie left Jackson

LLE, I appreciate that this is your opinion. I don't agree and I'd like to see CH do some writing on the subject. If in fact she kills Bill off I would especially like to see some dialog between Bill and Sookie about their relationship because if Bill dies without having that conversation with Sookie, Sookie will never get closure and that would be sad for her. We don't have to agree, LLE and there isn't too much we can say to each other about it any more, so let's just let it go, okay

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2012 11:31:43 AM PDT
LLE says:

I like hanging on amazon board because I don't want everyone to think the same thing because it would be boring. I mostly post here than the lovers boards.

I hope Sookie and Bill will disclussed things. The next book is someone frames Eric for a murder and it could be Bill doing it and Sookie finds out the real truth about Bill. If Bill dies, Sookie will be there because everything is her put of the story. I really like to know the real Bill and we really don't know about him at all. Sookie bury things and don't ask question. Bill has plenty of time sayng that he was sorry of abusing Sookie in the relationship and wished her to be happy but he has not. There old saying "you let them go and if they come back to you or if they don't come back to you."

Sookie likes being the center of attention and having Bill, Sam, Eric, and Alcide. Sookie don't like Bill, Sam, and Alcide dating other women. Sookie has move on but she really don't want them to move on. Sookie is a drama queen. Sookie did not mind Quinn moving on with the tiger lady. CH is teasing the readers hopoing that each of those character has shot of being Sookie's HEA.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 12:20:53 PM PDT
booklover39 says:
LLE, I agree that it is nice to have a discussion with folks who don't necessarily agree with you. I just don't want to keep defending my opinion all the time. From your last post it seems you are definitely an Eric fan and I'm curious how you will feel if CH throws a curveball and does not make Eric Sookie's HEA? I agree that she has been throwing out a lot of dialog to keep the fans guessing, but what if the real red herring is Eric? I also notice that you are convinced that Bill is a bad guy. Is there anything he can do to redeem himself in your eyes? And, how do you feel about Eric drinking from someone other than sookie?

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 12:43:03 PM PDT
YogiD says:

1) There is the Fae story line and faery characters. What in the hell are they up to? I feel like we are missing out on something and the joke may be on Sookie.
2) All of the shifters, Jason's pack and Alcide's pack. I think Quinn is out of the pictures and personally I'm fine with him not showing up again. Of course Sam, even though I would be just fine with him right where he is with running a bar and remaining friends with Sookie (I loved your above point of Sam and Sookie not liking who each other dates and staying friends anyway).
3) I too wish the Bill and Sookie story would be put to rest......they broke up and it's the extraordinarily sized elephant in the room. There needs to be a conversation between them, IMO.
I posted this earlier in the thread, but I'll put it out again.
4)Will she decide she wants children and white picket fence type of life? This seems unlikely. With all of the trouble she finds herself it seems irresponsible to bring a child into her life.
5) Will she come to terms with her life in the paranormal community? If she does come to terms, what does she do and how does she do it? I REALLY hope this question is answered or is partially answered in Deadlocked!!!!
6) How are her relationships with the vampires in charge (kings and queens of states)? I can't even begin to put in my point of view on this without being mean. I just hope Sookie has an "ah-ha" moment with this question.
7) Does she come to terms with her ruthless side? There has has been a lot of death surrounding Sookie since the beginning of this series. Whether she kills someone or she feels she's responsible for death or hurt, she is uncomfortable with it. It has been a continual theme in the series and I hope she does come to term with it.
8) I have a serious soft spot for Pam and a minor crush. I hope she doesn't get offed........

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 12:43:09 PM PDT
LLE says:
booklover39, I like Eric the best of the guys becase the way CH writes about him. I will not be upset at all if Sookie don't pick Eric at all and still read the books. If CH decides to make Eric the bad guy, I will accept it and not makes excuses about Eric like the Bill's fans do.

If Eric did all the bad things that Bill did to Sookie, I would want Sookie to take a stake to Eric and wish Sookie had done that to Bill in the trunk. I am a Sookie fan more than a Eric fan. If CH writes a new character that Sookie fall in love , I will accept it and be happy for Sookie.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 1:49:32 PM PDT
booklover39 says:
DA, I like Pam, too. I think she and sookie are great friends and I think she is going to need friends to get through Deadlocked. I'm pretty sure CH is going to deal with many of your questions in DL. I also think those s/l are related. What sookie wants (picket fences vs. supe world) and coming to terms with the costs of both are central to her HEA. Whether Sookie chooses the supe world or picket fences, she's going to need protection and security from vampire politics. I'm not sure how that gets resolved. Eric can protect her but only if he is a king somewhere otherwise he will be subject to his monarch's wishes. If OK dies that would be the simplest way for him to get out of the marriage, but unless he can blackmail Felipe in some way, Sookie will still be in danger from his power plays. I heard somewhere that CH is going to deal with the fae s/l in DL so we should get some answers. I still think the CD is going to have something to do with the fae story and the portal. And I think Hunter is going to be sookie's only link to children no matter which HEA she chooses.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 1:54:26 PM PDT
booklover39 says:
LLE, I can see you feel strongly about sookie and you don't believe in redemption for anyone.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  86
Total posts:  4634
Initial post:  Oct 3, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 12)
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 12) by Charlaine Harris (Hardcover - May 1, 2012)
3.5 out of 5 stars (1,793)