5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of strings..
I just found my perfect set of strings, this hybrid have 3 heavy low strings for great rithym riffs.. and 3 thin slinkies for great solos.. i recomend them to any guitarrist who perform both rythm and soloing riffs.. quality is great, they last around 3 months for me with normal use (about 2-3 sessiones a week 2-3 hour long)..
Published on May 10, 2010 by ANDRES M

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh...
Alright strings. Nothing too spectacular about them. I'm a fan of beefier lows and thinner highs but at the end of the day they're still slinks.
Published 17 months ago by Parabola

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of strings.., May 10, 2010
ANDRES M (Colombia, South America.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ernie Ball 2222 Hybrid Slinky Nickel Wound Set (9 - 46) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of both worlds, April 19, 2010
J. Ghione (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
Heavy low strings for rhythm and crunch, lite high strings for soloing and brightness. Suprised Ernie Ball doesn't even provide a simple description as to the prupose of the HYBRID Slinky but that's what it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but Sweet, January 18, 2011
shaun mcneil "Vampiresuck" (carrollton, tx United States) - See all my reviews
These are awesome sounding, sad though, they only sound good for about 2 weeks and then they are dead. In a live band situation where strings are changed 2-4 times a week, or even weekly before the gig this is all good, great actually - but i'm a carried away hobbies with guitar and like things to last a month, I pay my rent and change my strings - that's my routine.

I normally use D'Addario now days - they last a month (6 weeks if you have string cleaner)
past strings were:
GHS - have a dirty sound for clean playing
DR strings - dark and expensive
Dean Markley - great for blues, suck for the rest
Elixier - too much extra noise and so not cheap
and others...

I've been playing for 10-15 years on and off between broken fingers and motivation. All I will say is music is a progression, as soon as you find something you like you will grow and possibly change - not always, but from time to time it might be a good idea to cycle through strings and even gauge changes.

Have fun making music and enough with the covers already! - imitate then innovate!

Happy Hunting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite strings, September 24, 2011
These are probably my favorite strings now. I like to play a lot of rock/ punk so these are great if you are into that kind of thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only one bad thing..., January 11, 2008
I love the sound of these strings. I played them on a friend's guitar, and they sounded and felt amazing, I just had to get them for my own guitar. Big improvement over the old ones, I forget what I used before. However, when tuning my guitar, the fifth string snapped before reaching the note I was trying to hit! I'm not sure if I got a bad string or if my tuner was wrong and I pulled it too tight, but I know for sure I'm ordering another set to replaced these ones, and this time I'll have to be a little more careful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent strings when kept clean, January 1, 2007
These strings have a lot of power, so if you are playing classic rock or heavy metal (basically anything with distortion), they're perfect. Have a really bright tone when brand new, so change 'em often. The bottom strings are thicker than what guitars are usually set up with, so it's possible that the low E string might not fit in the nut.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long time user and fan., June 4, 2013
I've been using Hybrid Slinky's for 10+ years now and don't plan on changing. I find the sizing fits my playing well: bigger strings at the bottom for some extra grunt, with thinner strings on top for solos/bending. I tend do do a mix of rhythm and lead and I think they work well for that. I also think they ring out well with full chords, giving good low and sparkly high.

I am glad they package the strings in sealed packages now so they last longer when stored. No need to worry about how old a set is before putting it on your guitar.

I find the strings last quite a while before they lose their edge and sound dull. I'm guilty of not changing my strings near often enough...

Gotta love the price too. I've tried other more expensive (coated and uncoated) strings, but I always go back to my trusty Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys.

4.0 out of 5 stars They are good!, June 27, 2012
They sound like any other good guitar strings. One thing that I saw was different from other strings was how thinner the strings G,B,E were. Idk if thats good or bad to you I was just like Ooh thats different! W/E (Keeps Playing)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice strings, but. . . ., July 6, 2007
I own a PRS Custom 22, and the strings that came with the guitar sounded better. But PRS Strings are also almost twice the cost. Once you break them in, they sound pretty good. They have a lot of "squeel" when you want it, and they have a decent clean tone to them.

You can't beat the quality at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ernie Ball Rules!, September 24, 2010
This is a blanket review of serveral different gauges of Earnie Balls
that I've tried. In short, whenever I've had tone problems on any of
my electric guitars (and I own more than my meager talent merits,) the first
and usually best upgrade I try is to swap out whatever strings are on the instrument for a set of Ernie Balls. Currently I lean towards a basic set of tens for blues; hybrid heavy bottom, light top 10s for rock and elevens for slide. But, you know, different tools for different jobs. On a guitar with a thin neck, I sometimes go with 9's. I like a little more bass and so the hybrid set is a good choice. The other reviewer was right, though. You may need to have the nut worked on to get the low E to fit. (Go to a pro for this, please!)

Anyway, it's true: "Balls are best."

Ernie Ball 2222 Hybrid Slinky Nickel Wound Set (9 - 46)
$8.25 $3.99