Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ernie Ball Black Polypro Guitar Strap
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Change

on March 11, 2010
This is a good value and a nice guitar strap. I wish my playing was as nice.
on February 22, 2007
This strap does what it's suppose to do. I spent $40 on a rockin' leather strap that slips off, won't slide around on my shoulder when I need to move, and feels rough on the skin. The ERNIE BALL STRAP slides against my clothing and keeps it ez to move around onstage.
on November 19, 2006
Have used this strap for over six years. The adjustment buckle doesn't slip and the ends stay on the strap buttons. Much better than other inexpensive straps. I now have two, one for my acoustic and one for the electric, any will buy another just to have in case I lose one.
on December 27, 2012
This, my friends, is A STRAP. It has more tensile strength than you can shake a stick shaped like a doublenecked Gibson SG at, and then some. Not only that, it's adjustable, allowing people with all levels of pituitary function to play guitar just like normal-sized people! And if that wasn't enough for ya, it's colored in the Bauhaus-enraging style of a MOTHERFLIPPIN' RAINBOW. Ever wanted Nyan Cat to shart all over your shoulder and have it run down your strap to your guitar while performing? It's a blessing I've experienced, folks. Having been there, done that, and also tried out this strap, I can tell you that the feeling of wearing this strap is one and the same. There's quantum phenomena, there's miracles, there's Jude Law in a trenchcoat and scarf, and then there's this strap.
on June 8, 2011
I'm very happy with this strap for the price. I recently purchased an acoutic guitar for my son needed a cheap strap to start with (outfitting three family members with guitars gets pricey!). I may have missed it in the description but this strap is not ready to use on most acoustic guitars and someone else new to guitars might not realize this. I needed to use a length of cord to attach it near the nut of the guitar as the guitar only has a bolt for a strap on the bottom. It works fine though and I would buy it again.
on October 8, 2013
Where the strap itself seem to be fine the leather portion of the ends are horrible. I connected the strap to the bass with no problems and within an hour of usage the head wore open and released. Sending my brand new bass to the ground ruining the head stock and a turning peg! Processing for return!

This is a hard lesson to learn. If you pay good money for your axe why put a dollar store strap on it!?!?!?
Bottom line: This is an inexpensive guitar strap that works. I have it on my stratocaster electric guitar and it’s set up so it hangs in roughly the same position whether I’m sitting or standing. I am about six feet tall and the strap is adjusted to be about six inches from its shortest setting. So it’s possible that someone who is shorter than I may have trouble making the strap short enough to work. But if you’re about my height or a little shorter, it works.

The construction is decent, especially for the price. Whatever adjustment you set it to, it doesn’t wander. This is because the holes in the leather ends are quite small with a slit at the top that just fit over the strap mounting knobs on my guitar. I would recommend some kind of strap lock just to be safe since guitars are quite expensive.

It’s fairly comfortable with my guitar which weighs about eight pounds. The two-inch wide strap doesn’t dig into my shoulders. Before I got it I thought I might need a strap pad but it’s quite comfortable without one.

All in all, it’s a far better strap than I expected given its low price.
on June 26, 2014
Without a strap, your guitar will smash on the ground as soon as you let it go. This is because you are very near the earth and the earth is massive and it attracts other objects that have mass. But worry no more! By cleverly attaching the guitar to your body with this strap, the guitar will not smash on the ground. You'll smile as you feel the guitar's weight... for what is weight, after all? Weight is your guitar trying to smash itself on the ground. You'll wink confidently at concerned onlookers and think to yourself "eeaasy, fella... that's a good boy... you're gonna stay up here attached to my body (with this strap!) while I carry out these various two-handed tasks."

Would recommend this strap to anyone who is tired of their guitar smashing on the ground every time they let it go.
on October 2, 2011
I have a bunch of guitars so buying a strap for each one would be very costly. I looked at many guitar straps and was blown away by the prices of them except this strap. Who needs a strap that would lift a car? So I decided to get a couple of the Earie Ball straps. They are great and I can use them on any stringed instrument that allows for a guitar strap. I just put one on my baritone uke and although a bit wide for that instrument it feels great. The material is not as thick as some of the straps I have but again, I don't plan on using it to tow a car. If you want to use it on your vintage Gibson it might not look as good as the guitar but it would be functional. For daily use on my guitars this strap is ideal. The price sold me and the quality is better than the price. I will get more of these for my other guitars.
on January 15, 2013
I've always loved the ernie ball straps from playing it all the way down to your knees, all the way up to you chest the strap never fails, I've owned countless ernie ball straps and I always come back to them for the main reason, I've never had one fail! a great strap for a great price