Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 13, 2009 10:42:56 AM PDT
brindamur says:
The slanted, error-riddled review from the Library Journal contains the sentence: "Would Kennedy, a Cold War warrior's warrior, have indeed ended American support for Diem?" Well, since Kennedy himself approved the overthrow of the Diem regime 4 weeks before his own assassination, I think we can conclude that yes, indeed, JFK ended Diem and any support for him.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2010 6:05:31 PM PDT
Wrong! He did not approve Cable 243.

This is much more complicated than you are making it seem and I wonder why you bother posting here if you are so unreceptive to the book and the author. Do you just troll the web to slander JFK and do you get paid to do so?

JFK:

"I don't think we're in that deep. I am not sure the [Vietnamese] Generals are - they've been probably bellyaching for months. So I don't know whether they're - how many of them are really up to here. I don't see any reason to go ahead unless we think we have a good chance of success."

Below is the definitive, most current source on JFK and the coup, declassified just a few months ago:

http://www.whitehousetapes.net/news/200911-jfk-release-new-white-house-tapes-vietnam

Now try and make your slanderous case!

Posted on May 5, 2012 4:33:11 PM PDT
Tamango says:
I have just had the honor of reading Mr. L. Fletcher Prouty book on the plot to assassinate John F. Kennedy, i also own a copy of the movie JFK. I think it is sad that we live in a country were when someone has the guts to come forward with some truth, it becomes open season on them because some people are brain dead to the truth and would rather live a lie, even when the theory is backed-up with facts because he was there when it took place, not just someone making something up from the top of their head, someone who knows what he is talking about and have nothing to lose by telling the truth. One of the problems is...too many people are trying to tell us what and how to think..and most of us are letting them,it seems like the majority of us have forgotten how to make-up our own minds. There's never been a better opportunity for freethinking. So what gives? Why aren't we thinking anymore for ourselves? We're supposed to be a nation whose government is of, for, and by the people, yet the people seem to have fallen asleep at the switch. No one with an ounce of common sense can believe the cover story lie that our government has led us to believe regarding the assassination of JFK...if it looks like a duck, walk like a duck, and quack like a duck..guess what? It's a duck. If we look at today's so call war on terror it is the same game just diffrent players, if you think this on going war is about protecting the american people, then you are a fool. The more we begin to think of today's problems and less we think of the JFK murder, but it takes an understanding of one to face squarely the issue of the other. War has been ans always will be about two things mostly money and power that's it no if and's or buts about it. There is a very secret global power elite who runs things and they plan to stay in power no matter what or who they have to take down to get their point across of who is really in charge. As Prouty pointed out in his book the reason for the assassination was to take control of the power of the presidency, as we all well know the president has no real power he is just a figure head control and told what to do and say and how they should play by the rules. Like Mr. Prouty say's lets stick with the facts..the main questions that should be asked until the truth is spilled out. The real questtion is Why? the how is just scenery for the brain dead suckers..Oswald, Ruby, Cuba, Mafia, it keeps people guessing and their focus off the facts and the most important question of all..Why? Why was kennedy killed? Who benefited? And who had the power to cover it up? Once you have the answes to these's questions then you are on your way to finding out the truth and most people will not like what they will find. Kennedy wanted to end the Vietnam war and like i said before war is about money and power and like Prouty say's "Sometimes i think the organizing principle of any society is for war, the pentagon insider says..The authority of the state over its people resides in it's war powers, war readiness accounts for approximately a tenth or more in this day of the output of the world's economy. And we the people live in a capitalism society and who gets the long end of that stick i think we all know the answer to that one, that is why they want the american people brain dead and dumb and docile, ready to go into battle, like sheep to slaughter. They don't want them thinking about it. And trust me when you read this book with an open honest mind, there is no doubt about who the elite in our government is including military and intelligence community to work on behalf of the interest of a high cabal of industrialists and bankers. Like now Iraq for sale: the war profiteers documentary about profiteering and iraq war alleges that private contractors are getting rich while others suffer, the government controls a nations economy all the brain dead people out there better wake-up! The government is nothing but people and people lie, especially were money and power are concern. The vietnam war was all about someone (the powers that be) making money big money off of it. If it's a conspiracy involved which this sticks of..it will be at the highest levels, you always need to ask the question, who profits the most. It's not you or me and iam pretty sure not even the many critic's who wants to make Mr. Prouty the bad guy, while the real bad guys runs out the back door with all the money he has maked off of you the people with this trumped up lie that we are suppose to live and breath everyday of the rest of our life. I loved this book and i highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to explore the truth and think outside the box for a change. I would like to thank Mr. Prouty for his courage and Oliver Stone and Jim Garrison for having the heart and soul to care about putting a little bit of the truth out their for all of us who do still think for ourselves, read this book you will not be disappointed. I will end this discussion by saying: Those who can't remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 13, 2009
Latest post:  May 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy
JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy by L. Fletcher Prouty (Paperback - October 1, 2003)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (148)