Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2009 2:01:09 PM PST
S. Liss says:
Perhaps I need new ears....but I hear what might be an error in recording or remastering on "Getting Better" approximately 64 seconds into the song. Hard to describe; almost sounds like a severe scratch did back in the days of vinyl. Does anyone else hear this....or might I have a defective CD....or perhaps a medical/aural problem?

Posted on Dec 25, 2009 9:08:58 PM PST
I hear it too....Its on both the 2009 Remastered (Stereo) and the First CD release...

Posted on Dec 31, 2009 8:15:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2009 8:17:10 PM PST
G. Broschart says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 7:02:26 PM PST
You are correct. Speculation that it's from a faulty cable or amp. Check this out from http://wgo.signal11.org.uk/html/content/g.htm

0:00-0:02
Someone gives a count in for the vocals. Other talking evident on left channel.

0:13
The word "teachers" has a double-track sound to it, as if an overlapped edit was performed. I'm sure Paul can't sing two notes at once like this! Listen for a lower vocal note than the one Paul sings, on the first syllable...

0:21
Distortion on the word "up".

0:28
More audible on right channel, edit in the word "Bett/ter".

0:34
Right channel, someone shouts "Better" under Paul's vocals.

0:43-0:44
Right channel, rising whistle, and a click.

0:56
Paul makes a verbal slip, "And you're doing the best that I can".

1:04
Odd sound (same as 1:26).

1:05
Centre, loud click.

1:07
Electric piano and cymbal/hi-hat do a "double skip", left side, as if it's a faulty edit. Doesn't sound intentional.

1:10
"Shhh ..." or intake of breath, right channel.

1:21, 1:26, 1:33
Sound (right channel). Coming from the guitar, possibly a faulty amplifier/cable, or maybe a very scratchy picking action!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2010 6:49:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2010 6:50:30 PM PST
Mike says:
G. Broschart says:
What you are hearing is a sound recorded by John just before he died and sent to the remaining Beatles by Yoko. The remaining Beatles re-recorded the entire song around John's "new" sound in 2002.

Give us a break.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 8:55:22 PM PDT
there are lots of problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 9:01:27 PM PDT
a similar problem of a double track overlay happens in most stereo copies of Eleanor Rigby. After the double-tracked opening chorus, it shifts to Paul singing the verse. The first "Eleanor" starts double-tracked then fixes itself quickly. This was corrected for the YELLOW SUBMARINE SONGBOOK, but nowhere else. All the SUBMARINE tracks were improved in a way that they wouldn't be in the new "remasters" So were the tracks on the original #1, but not the new one. It's a bitch. See my review of PEPPER.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles (Vinyl - 1995)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,694)