5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for a child who's not too big.
We purchased the John Deere Foot to Floor Tractor for our 2 yr. old nephew and it's perfect for him. It's a good fit and it's so light weight that he has no problems riding it. Although the tractor is rated for children up to 60 lbs, it's really too small for most kids older than 4 years.

Some measurements that may be useful:

The overall height (to...
Published on March 15, 2012 by Lotus-Seven

Published 23 months ago by mcingram

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for a child who's not too big., March 15, 2012
Lotus-Seven (The mountains of Illinois) - See all my reviews

Some measurements that may be useful:

The overall height (to the top of the steering wheel) is 15 -3/4 inches (40 cm).

The midpoint of the seat is 9 inches (23 cm) above the floor.

The tires are 5 inches (12.5 cm) in diameter.

The tractor weighs approximately 3-1/2 lbs (1.6 Kg).

Please be aware that the front wheels are fixed in the "straight-ahead" position. The steering wheel turns, but is not attached to any steering system. The only way to steer is to drag the front wheels to either side or to lift the front-end up and then change direction.

The tractor body and tires are made of what appears to be"blow-molded" polyethylene. When properly assembled, it's VERY strong, and probably indestructible. Although rated to carry 60 lbs., my 110 lb. wife can sit on it and the wheels and axles easily support her with no damage.

The instructions state that the tractor can be assembled without having to use any tools. You don't need a screwdriver or a wrench, BUT unless you can bench-press 350 lbs, you will probably need a big rubber mallet to assemble the toy.

The axles and the steering wheel press into the body. The wheels then press onto the axles. All of the press-fits are VERY tight and the only way I could attach those parts was to put the body on a workbench and use considerable force applied with a rubber mallet. Be sure that the two axles are fully seated. They have two flanges, one goes through the hole in the body and the second one remains on the outside.

Once the parts are attached, the remainder of the assembly is simply attaching the paper "decals". With a good rubber mallet, assembly should not take more than 15 minutes or so.

Note: A few drops of silicone oil sprayed into each wheel makes the tractor much easier to ride.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, however,, May 13, 2011
This review is from: Ertl John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor (Toy)
Well made Plastic ride on toy for children. However Manufactor says it for ages 18 months to 6 years. Purchased it to have at our house for our 2 1/2 year old Grandson. He is just barely able to use it. and he's average size. There is no way he'll make it past this summer on it, let alone till he's 6. Easy to put together, Wheels and steering wheel just snaps onto the toy, no tools required. And it seems sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my little cruiser!, October 29, 2011
This review is from: Ertl John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor (Toy)
I'm very happy with this purchase. I bought it because a few of the reviews said that it's a small riding toy.
It's perfect for my 9 month old son. He's about the size of a 12 month old. He's a confident crawler / almost walker.
He can sit on it with his feet flat on the floor. I'm sure it will be a fun toy for him for the next year. I agree with the other reviewers that said this is NOT for a larger child. My 2&1/2 year old daughter hasn't played with it yet but I'm guessing she'll be too big for it. It is well made and easy to put together! Overall I'd say it's a great toy for a baby / toddler!

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced , small and only big enough for kids 1 to 1.5 years old, December 23, 2012
mcingram "mcingram" (Winston-Salem, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ertl John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor (Toy)
Where to start, oh my. The choking hazard is flat wrong, there are no pieces small enough to fit in a child's mouth unless you count stickers. Furthermore, at three years old the child's legs would be too big for this small toy. I would say this toy is most appropriate for a child that is 1 to 1.5 years old; any older and their legs would not fit. Given the short life span, poor design and cheap parts; I can only give this toy one star. John Deere ought to be ashamed to put their name on this toy and I feel like Amazon clipped me for 15 bucks. Save your money and buy a little tykes cruiser. Its bigger and worth the extra 20 bucks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, March 10, 2013
This review is from: Ertl John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor (Toy)
Much smaller than I expected. It is rated for 1-1/2+ ages. My 5 month old grandson is lucky to fit on it now. I bought it intending it for his 1 year birthday. He will outgrow it by the time he is 1!

5.0 out of 5 stars What fun., January 9, 2013
joseph e. johnson (lindenhurst, n.y. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ertl John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor (Toy)
Easy to assemble and safe for my 9 month old Grandson. He loved it from the start and plays with it all day. Great toy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really, REALLY small!, October 15, 2013
This review is from: Ertl John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor (Toy)
Listen to the reviews that indicate how small this is. A child who is old enough to sit balanced on this w/o a back is already outgrowing it. If I hold my 11-month-old nephew on it, he can sit & hold the wheel, but he can't move it anywhere without sliding out of the seat on one side or the other. Really wish I had listened to the other reviewers about how small this is. This was a waste of money. Hopefully I'll get a little more mileage (pun intended) out it by using it for a display in my preschool classroom to designate the Farm Unit section. But it will be up on display only. Too small for big kids. Not enough support for the little ones that would fit on it. DO NOT BUY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and easy to put together., November 9, 2013
This review is from: Ertl John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor (Toy)
I think it's just the right size for an 18-24 month. My 2 1/2 year old (wears size 3-4T) could sit on it, but he didn't really like to ride around on it. He actually ended up pushing it like it was a little toy tractor. It snaps together very quickly and it's easy and fun to put the stickers on. The wheels do stick a little bit, but I would still recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice toy, January 9, 2013
This review is from: Ertl John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor (Toy)
my son loves john deere so when i saw this i had to get it for him. it was really easy to put together and he can scoot around on it really easyily . he is 18 mo. i wish i had seen it sooner for him, i think he will still have time to enjoy it but not sure how long.

3.0 out of 5 stars JD Sit-N-Scoot Tractor, August 29, 2012
Kris Smugala (Phillips, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ertl John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor (Toy)
Bought this for my 2 year old nephew (June birthday). This is a very small toy and he is almost too big for it. I should have read the other reviews. This would be ok for a child that is 1-2 and that's about it.

Ertl John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor