Bear Firebird Youth Bow
|Price:||$45.50 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$4.49 (9%)|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 60in. Overall Bow length
- 22in. To 28in. Draw length
- 30lb. To 35lb. Draw weight
- Durable composite limbs
- For right or left hand
- Entry-level youth bow recommended for ages 12 and up
- Bow features durable composite limbs, can be used by both left and right handed shooters
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The brace height is 8 1/4 inches, draw weight about 35lbs at 28 inches, and the total length when strung is 56 inches (60 when unstrung). I managed to pull the bow back to 31 inches (with the help of my legs) without it cracking or even making a sound, so that should give you some peace of mind if your draw length is just at 28 inches. Fiberglass is more durable than wood in that respect, but I wouldnt advise pulling it back any farther than 31 inches.
Its a basic, slightly recurved flatbow made of fiberglass. It is green with a black rubber handle and has "Bear" written on one of the limbs. The handle has notches above the arrow rest which I assume are supposed to be some sort of sights...though I have no idea how to use them. Im instinctive anyway. Sights are for guns. This is indeed a right handed/left handed bow. Simply flip the bow over to switch between hands or shooting styles.
The bow shoots well with mild shock, not too much. The draw is smooth.
The string is very sturdy and doesnt look like I will ever need to replace it. With my amount of use anyway.
While there is a mark on the rubber shelf, it hasnt worn away even after all this time.
If I had some proper arrows, I feel like I could get some very consistent groups. Even using 2nd-hand arrows with half destroyed fletchings, it does pretty well.
The rubber grip/shelf is glued very weakly to the bow. This isnt a big deal, I just tied it with some leather strips. Looks better, feels better, and is secure. Some people might prefer it comes glued on properly though.Read more ›
1. The product arrived at my doorstep within two days of me placing the order (I used standard shipping)
2. The bow is functional as a both left and right handed bow (great for getting everyone a chance to use)
3. The bow has GREAT draw weight to it for a bow of this price, that being said THIS BOW IS NOT A TOY, I was able to pierce straight through a 4 inch thick target from about 20 yards away WITH A BLUNT ARROW, once again this being said DO NOT MESS AROUND, safety is important whenever doing archery and this bow, although not the most powerful, is nothing to joke around with.
4. Consistency, after reading some of the reviews I was a little worried about how this bow would fair, however, the bow could consistently put arrows through targets without any problems at all.
5. Works great with all types of arrows, I shot it with both heavy wood and lighter aluminium arrows and the results were the same (you may have to aim a little high with heavier arrows, but no surprise there).
1. Some construction could have been done with higher care, at the very end of my day of shooting, one of the hooks where the arrows rest before firing snapped off due to it being glued on poorly, it was not a big deal since you could simply rest the arrows on the rubber grip instead, however, still worth noting.
All in all, a great buy for someone just starting out. I wouldn't recommend it however for smaller kids for the simple fact that 35 pounds of draw weight might be a little difficult for younger guys/girls. Look forward to shooting more with it in the future.
I highly recommend this bow. I looked on other sites and compared the other bows on Amazon and don't think you'll find a better bow for the price.
I got my granddaughter a Bear Archery Crusader Bow. I did not buy it through Amazon. I found it at a local sporting goods store. It turned out to be the perfect bow for my granddaughter to learn with. It comes with an arm guard, finger tab, a small target and two arrows. I did not use the arm guard and finger tab because they were too small. I also replace the arrows because my granddaughter's draw length was too long for the arrows. Even so the Crusader bow is well worth the price even if the extras had not been included. In a very short time she was shooting very nice groups.
The local store did not stock the Bear Bow Youth AYB6601 Firebird Bow. Amazon had the Firebird and at the best overall cost. I ordered it and paid shipping in order to have it in time for my granddaughter's arrival. I got it two days earlier than promised.
In other reviews of the Firebird, two issues consistently where commented on. One was that the arrow rest seemed to be weak and would break or come off. The Second was that the bow's grip was not securely glued. However, I figured for a 35 pound draw weight bow for less than $50, I could sort out these issues if they copped up.
As of today I have probably shot more that 1,000 shots with the bow.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Perfect bow for Belegarth - 35lb draw at 28" maximizes power within the rules, and it's inexpensive and durable so you don't have to worry about it getting beat up. Read morePublished 8 hours ago by James Lee
String is garbage and should be replaced asap for safety reasons.Published 22 days ago by Cyrus Johnson
Decent, very simple bow. There is no way provided to install a more technical arrow rest, and no way provided to install a site. The bowstring is braided rope, and nocks loosely. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
The bow is nice, but the string broke after a month. The string came out of the metal connector and smacked my pinky finger on the bow. It was very painful.Published 4 months ago by Cris Calle
I bought this Bow last summer, and have had absolutely zero problems with it. It is a bit larger than I was expecting, but for my first bow as an adult I think it's great. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Jesse Benton
Stringing it is a bit tricky but we watched some youtube videos to figure it out. Great bow for my 12 year old daughter who shoots as a hobby.Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer