Escape to Chimp Eden 2 Seasons 2008
Amazon Instant Video
Episode 1 is currently unavailable
1. -1 Eugene is racing against time to rescue a chimpanzee called Josephine from a run down printing factory in Angola, before her current owners carry out their threat to euthanize her. Eugene also discovers 2 baby chimps in appalling circumstances.
2. -2 At Chimp Eden, Eugene is waiting for the results of blood tests on the 2 young chimps that he's been forced to leave in Angola. But life at the sanctuary is not running smoothly either. Sally is proving tough to integrate with the other chimps.
3. -3 Eugene takes his life in his hands to go into Chimp Eden's kindergarten, which is where all the baby chimps are placed in the custody of 43-yr old Jao. He acts like a grandfather to the babies but is potentially dangerous when Eugene enters the enclosure.
4. -4 Xena, a 4 year old female is threatening to mess up Eugene's unique relationship with Jao and compromise his access to the baby enclosure. Every time that Eugene goes in Xena attacks him.
5. -5 Rescued from a decade spent in tiny cages in Angola, Mimi, Lika and Gida are about to taste freedom for the first time. And, Eugene soon enjoys the fruits of his efforts as the girls will have open spaces, sunshine and trees to climb.
6. -6 If Zac and Jinga turn out to be Bonobos, a different type of chimp species, Eugene won't be able to keep them at Chimp Eden. They'll have to go to a different sanctuary, which would be heartbreaking after all he did to rescue them.
7. -7 It's a trial by fire for Jinga as she joins a group of 3 big males and 3 females. After some abuse by the males, Jinga manages to escape twice and Eugene must ask himself: Does he try again or accept that Jinga may never be integrated into the group?
8. -8 Eugene's off on a mission to Sudan to rescue five orphaned baby chimps. But this mission is different. The stakes are much higher for Eugene. His wife, Natasha, is seven months pregnant.
9. -9 Back in Sudan at the safe house, Eugene is given a warm welcome by the seven baby chimps and receives the good news that his plane is arriving the next day. But this means Eugene must finally decide which of the seven babies he must leave behind.
10. -10 There's a problem at Chimp Eden and his name is Cozi. Cozi is the sanctuary's Jekyll and Hyde chimp - lovable and funny one minute, aggressive and hostile the next.
11. -11 It's an important day at Chimp Eden. The five baby chimps that Eugene recently rescued from the Sudan have completed their time in quarantine and are ready to join the other chimps in the infant enclosure.
12. -12 Eugene must figure out a way to be accepted into this new family group, but it's a risky undertaking. If he succeeds, it will mark the beginning of a new phase in the rehabilitation of the chimps. If he fails, the sanctuary's mission could be in jeopardy.
I LOVE THE SHOW AND COZY! EUGENE NEEDS TO HAVE MORE SEASONS ABOUT CHIMP EDEN! TWO SEASONS IS JUST NOT ENOUGH!!Published 4 months ago by rcpdlp
I adore everything about this show. My only criticism is that it only ran for two seasons. It was an extraordinarily well-produced documentary series about our abused cousins and... Read morePublished 8 months ago by K. Shih
.... not have this family treasure. I love it for it's look rather how it shows how captive chimps end up in such a horrible shape 95% of the time. Read morePublished 11 months ago by A. Gerasimowicz
This is a very well filmed and informative program. I would recomend it to anyone who is curious about primates.Published 12 months ago by Marie T. Jessup
Loved it. I think that animal planet should bring it back. I just love Cozi. He puts a smile on your face.Published 12 months ago by Ruthie
If you love Chimps youll love this. Just dont watch when you have headache. The Chimps screaming a little to much......Published 12 months ago by tre
Hard to watch at times. Some of the chimps appear as if they should be put down as a kindness to them. they seem to be too much of a danger to others if they had been mistreated. Read morePublished 13 months ago by L. Nelson
I don't have cable - and Loved this video. Disney Nature Camera crew did an Amazing job capturing an experience no one would otherwise witness. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Clare McCuen
it was a wonder view into the lives of chimps and their plight. It will bring tears and laughter. I hope more people will get involved to help.Published 13 months ago by Lynn A. Dias