This book is enhanced with content such as audio or video, resulting in a large file that may take longer to download than expected.
The enhanced edition includes five exclusive videos from the author as he presents his theory of the hierarchy of powers and uses it to challenge current approaches to portfolio management, resource allocation for competitive advantage, investments in innovation, and driving change management across a global enterprise.
Based on twenty years’ experience advising the top leaders of many of the world’s most successful enterprises, Moore’s Escape Velocity offers a pragmatic plan to engage the most critical challenge that established enterprises face in the twenty-first century economy: how to escape the gravitational pull of legacy businesses and build material positions in next-generation categories.
In Escape Velocity, Moore presents a cogent strategy for generating future growth within an established enterprise. Organized around a hierarchy of powers – category power, company power, offer power, and execution power – this insightful work can show how each level of power can be orchestrated to achieve overall success. Moore explains:
• How to measure and manage the treacherous “adolescent phase” of next-generation businesses when they are not yet material to financial results yet must make sizable demands on resources needed to meet the current fiscal year’s commitments;
• How to reallocate resources across an enterprise in deliberately asymmetrical ways to create a powerful and sustainable foundation for a long-term competitive advantage;
• How to leverage target-market initiatives as accelerants to growth and as stepping stones to broad overall category success;
• How to create unmatchable offerings by being swift to neutralize competitors’ innovations and laser-focused on driving in-house innovations to make a business impervious to competitors;
• How to fundamentally change the execution cadence of an organization, pushing change from innovation to broad deployment, creating an irreversible tipping point along the way.
At a time when the world is looking to established enterprises not just for investment stability but as job generation engines as well, Moore’s analysis is penetrating and his prescriptions are right on the mark. Escape Velocity gives executives and their teams a practical way forward to take advantage of the opportunities amid industry and economic disruptions.