4.0 out of 5 stars When suction cups won't work
This device does exactly what it says it will do: mount your detector to the visor. And it works well for that purpose.

Published on February 16, 2008 by W. Price

1.0 out of 5 stars does not fit with the Escort Solo
it was listed as a product often bought together with the Escort Solo, so I got it for a visor mount - It does not fit that brand/style of detector
Published 18 months ago by Stacie M. Harper

4.0 out of 5 stars When suction cups won't work, February 16, 2008
This review is from: Escort 57-000027 Visor Clip Mount for Radar and Laser Detectors (Electronics)

Escort advises that mounting the detector on the visor will reduce laser detection due to the tint on the windshield. However, I have a hard time with suction cups in the winter. This product lets me securely mount the detector until the windshield warms up enough to use the suction cups.

5.0 out of 5 stars stay organized with a visor clip, July 26, 2008
I've used a 8500 with a visor clip on my 2004 suburban since new, and the detector works flawlessly up there. Couple this with a direct wire cord either to the fuse block or the powerport on the rear view mirror and you have a truly built in look. I laugh when I see people with the suction cups and wires going all over the place. What a mess !! 2 other reasons to use a clip:
1) my neighbor who is a police officer has told me that it REALLY irritates him when he pulls over a car and their "fuzzbuster" is in plain view stuck to the windshield. Any hopes of getting off with a warning thereby go down the drain.
2) thieves see a detector stuck to the windshield and SMASH, its stolen !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little clip!, November 14, 2010
I have an Escort 9500ix radar detector and this works nice mounted in my 2010 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. It fits on my visor and I use one of those air pillow packing bubbles that Amazon packs everything in above the visor to level it out. I hardwired my radar detector so the wire comes out right by my visor in back of the radar detector. I feel this is the best mounting place because it will not fall off your windshield like the suction cups, you detector is out of the sun and out of view so you don't have to remove it every time you park and you can still use your sunshield on your front window. It won't cause a cop to pull you over for some little thing when he see's your big radar detector right in the middle of your windshield. I know radar detectors irritate policeman. Also, the GPS works fine on the visor in my car because I compared the satellite lock on time with it on the visor versus on the windshield and they were both about ten seconds. Plus it is closer to you so you can hear it better and I can still put the visor down for the little time I use it but of course with the visor down the radar detector is upside down so it is not working properly. Also, it is rock solid on your visor whereas on the windshield it bounces around and often times your $500.00 will fall the when the suction cups let go and your $500.00 radar detector will come crashing down on the floor! Overall I feel it is superior to a window or dash mount and it works great in my car. It would be nice if the release button on the Escort 9500ix was further towards the front of the detector so you could use the release but it is easy enough to just slide the clip off your visor. Overall I give it five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great with Cordless Radar, January 15, 2011
I just bought a passport S3 cordless. This clip is a great addition. In MN you can not attach stuff to the windshield..its against the law for some reason. This allows for the detector to be used without messing up the dash or the rental car window when traveling. Best of all other drivers and the police can't see it very well. For the price it is well worth getting.

1.0 out of 5 stars does not fit with the Escort Solo, June 25, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, May 21, 2010
The clip is advertised for the escort but it works with the BEL V940. It slips right on, locks into place and allows you to clip to the visor or the headliner which is the position I like best. It keeps the detector close to the roof and out of the way.

4.0 out of 5 stars BEL/Escort Radar Visor Clip Review, May 6, 2010
Purchased this as a necessity after getting my BEL STI radar detector. Also, purchased the hardwire kit, which is necessary to reach the Detector mounted on the visor. You will need an "Add a Circuit" to put into you fuse block if don't want to use the the 3M connector supplied with the wire kit, which cuts into your fuse box wired circuit. Amazon sells that item too.

Using all three items makes your detector much harder to see from outside the vehicle. This is important in states such as NY, VA and TX, where they will ticket you for using the radar detector. As the STI is a stealth detector, I feel it's the only one to buy if you travel to those states. I go to all three of them several times a year.

The products work well for their intended use. Amazon performed well as usual.

Escort 57-000027 Visor Clip Mount for Radar and Laser Detectors

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy does it, November 12, 2010
Scuzzyii (Washington DC) - See all my reviews
Clip fits ESCORT battery operated radar/laser detector and stays fastened. slides onto sun visor without weighing it down. Release is via a button on the top of the detector (mine is the battery operated). Keeps detector out of view but still provides a LOS (line-of-sight)scan of the road for the detector. If you have a radar detector powered via your cigarette lighter or some other auxillary power in your vehicle, this may not work for you as the cable from the detector will more than likely obscure part of your view of the road. Otherwise, this is a useful piece of equipment for keeping your detector out of the view of prying eyes of law authorities when using it in areas where it may not be lawful to use in. I travel through DC all the time with my radar detector and it has not been noticed due to the clip that secures it to the visor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beats suction cups, but be prepared to loose visor use, May 16, 2010
I did not like the bobbing effect of the escort's included 1" dia suction cup mounting system, so opted for this heavy duty clip. Now for the pros/cons:

PROs:

1 - Your detector is rock solid stuck to the sun visor
2 - visability of the detector display is enhanced
3 - it looks alot more professional and out of the way.

Cons:
1 - you may no longer be able to pull down the visor because the radar detector (in my case) is in the way!
2 - in my specific vehicle, there is some blockage of the rearward laser sensor

Overall, its a keeper, but in retrospect I'd like a mount that bonds to the windshield much the same way the rearview mirror does.

4.0 out of 5 stars works well, February 1, 2010
Casey "Poppo" (Central Illinois) - See all my reviews
I have had clips previously that were a nightmare to reassemble if they came apart. Also if someone pulled down on the visor while the detector was still attached the clip would never be the same (loose and turning). This one is one piece,hooks onto the visor tight and is easy to attach to the detector once you figure why they put the slot in it. I'm using it on a beltronics and it fits like it was made for it. One thing though, if your going to depend on the rear feature of your detector and your visor is real soft it might cover the receiver for the rear detector. I have it on my liberty and I still get my rear signals.