Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Esky Big Lama 4CH Coaxial RC Helicopter RTF 2.4GHz (000055)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

VINE VOICEon March 14, 2010
The Esky Big Lama is a 4 channel RC Helicopter with twin coaxial rotor blades. This is critical to easy flying. A 3 channel will not allow you to correct for any sideways motion of the helicopter and most small RC helicopters will drift or be blown sideways (by wind, downdraft, etc). The coaxial blades also add to the ease of flying an RC helicopter.

I am a novice at RC Helicopter flying (this is really my first try at it) but after a few tries (and some broken blades but it came with spares) I was able to hover the Esky Big Lama in a small area of my basement. I found it to be quite sturdy as I broke quite a few blades but no other damage and after replacing the blades it flew again.

I initially thought that it should be able to hover without any control stick movement by me but it would not. I did some research and turns out that it is highly unlikely that you will be able find any small RC helicopter that will do that. There might be some Micro RC helicopter that will but I'm not interested in anything that small. For the small/midsize RC helicopters, you have to constantly correct for helicopter movement but this is expected and normal. With the Esky Big Lama I was able to do this quite readily after some practice. I also have 2 other RC helicopters and they are significantly harder to fly compared to the Big Lama. I find the Esky Big Lama responds quickly to control stick movements but at a smooth and predictable rate making it easy to fly.

The battery life is quite good compared to the other two RC helicopters that I have and the battery is easily replaced so you can be flying again within a minute or so. It would have been nice if the Esky Big Lama had a battery power switch but it does not and most do not.

As far as instructions, they are fairly good but there are some mistakes. The Esky Big Lama that I bought came with an RC Helicopter Simulator and if you are a beginner, you should spend some time on the Simulator to get familiar with the Controls.
The Helicopter's Blades should not be tightened all the way. They should be snug such that you can still move the Blades, this allows the Blades to self center when they start rotating and allow some movement if they hit something. If you tighten the screws until the Blades won't move then you will definitely break the Blades and perhaps whatever you hit.

Overall highly recommended for anyone wanting a beginner's RC helicopter that is easy to fly, durable and fun. But also NOT recommended for children.
on January 22, 2010
UPDATE**** Helicopter is great! Xheli is horrible! Buy Somewhere else, trust me on this. They are a bunch of young gus who are rude and have no idea about customer service**

I recieved this helicopter yesterday and was completley amazed! Before I purchased it I knew something was fishy because of the price. It was to good to be true for all this equiptment. Well I must tell you it is EVERYTHING and more that it should be. I'm a 29yr old male that has had experience with rc cars and helicopters. I also have 6 nephews who love rc helicopters so I'm very aware of this product market. This should cost $399! It has a full function 4 channel remote, servos, big, chargers, and even an included flight simulator. It is all that it looks like and more. It sounds like a real helicopter and looks like one too (the reason I bought it). This is honestly the best deal in RC. Now the cons, to be the best deal it had to be made somewhere cheap, china. They have a great factory and the quality is superb but the instructions are not fully translated and can be intimidating. Ideally this is a outdoor helicopter only. This is NOT, repeat NOT for kids under 15ish. If the blades touch you it will require stiches!!! If it hits an animal it could kill it. This shows you how firm and powerful the blades are. Again 10 out of 10 if you are looking for the best, easiest rc chopper and OVER 15. If you are buying this for your 9 year old to fly in the house you will be sorely mistaken. I was looking at RC shops for one of this size and it should honestly be [...]!
on January 25, 2010
1. no screwdriver for blade replacing.
2. when it lifted up in room ( without any wind) it tend to move in left side and aileron stick was in central (neutral) position. so as soon as you lifted up you have to compensate this left movements
3. Blades cut canopy when it was crashed by wind during outside launch.

I will buy 6 channel Esky 2.4Ghz Honey Bee CP3 6ch RC Helicopter, theoretically it should give better control.
44 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse