Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on September 3, 2014
Very good camera. Easy to install and very clear image quality.
review image review image
22 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2015
I ordered two and installed it on my GMC Envoy and my wife's Honda Odyssey. If you do a web search you will find videos to walk you through the install. The picture is clear and I would definitely recommend this product!
review image review image review image
on March 12, 2014
Since I was installing a navigation deck in my 1995 Corvette, "while I was at it", I installed a rear view camera. This was a necessity in my last car, a late model Challenger due to limited visibility. Admittedly it's more of a gadget for the Corvette. Since the price was so low, I picked up both guideline and no guideline models. This review is for the smallest guideline model.

As other reviewers have found, the view is not 170 degrees. I have my camera mounted above the license plate which is in a cove, but the camera lens is flush with the outside of the cove, so there is no obstruction. It activates & is powered from the nearby reverse lamp socket.

I found the angle needed to be adjusted down considerably. Once properly aligned, the guidelines when tested would allow me about 1.5 feet to the bumper for green, under a foot for yellow, and a couple of inches for red, so they work well.

The picture is a little grainy at night, but that is to be expected for a non-IR camera. During the daytime, the picture quality is good. My 7" screen resolution is 800x480.

The camera has not been exposed to rain, so I cannot advise on the waterproof aspect.

I would suggest this model or the non-guideline model for anyone looking for a decent inexpensive camera.
on August 8, 2015
Clear, Waterproof, I am using this for a reverse camera. It works very well. The grid is kinda useful. I can judge distance, about the last foot. It comes with enough video wire to stretch most vehicles, I have 5+ feet extra. I washed the day after instal and still water tight.
As other reviewers have found, the view is not 170 degrees. I have my camera mounted above the license plate, It activates & is powered from the nearby reverse lamp socket.
I found the angle needed to be adjusted down considerably. Once properly aligned, The guidelines when tested would allow me about 1.5 feet to the bumper for green, under a foot for yellow, and a couple of inches for red, so they work well.
Camera gives a nice clear picture, colors are bright,Could you buy a better camera, probably could. But, for
$18 you would be hard pressed to find a better value.
I like their 1 year product warranty.
All pictures were taken at knight
review image review image review image
on May 11, 2014
First off let me say this, "This camera is small". When I opened the Amazon box I pulled out the packing, the wire harness and got ready to Email Amazon for a return credit do to there being no camera in the box. Well, Duh, if I had looked closer I would have notice that I removed the camera when unpacking the box. It is so small I over looked it all together.

I mounted the camera on a 5th wheel tailgate I installed on my F350. When I removed the factory tailgate I lost the rearview camera ability due to the factory camera being mounted in the tailgate. With some wire splicing, a few zip ties to secure some excess wire harness, and mounting the camera with two screws and I once again had a rearview camera that works just as well as my factory camera.

This model has the guidelines and distance markers when activated just like the factory camera does. However, if you don't care to have the back up guide or distance markers that is available on a different model number.

Camera gives a nice clear picture, colors are bright, no distortion. Could you buy a better camera, probably could. But, for
$18 you would be hard pressed to find a better value.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2016
Mine lasted 11 months, but has failed from rain while parked. It was fine one day (I always back my work van into the parking space), but an overnight rain fogged it up. I've cleaned the front lens and it's been several days of nice weather, but it's not clearing up. I'll try taking it apart, but it might need to be replaced with something higher quality.

Edit: Customer rep contacted me quickly and sent a replacement. They said they will make sure it passes leak tests, and I sealed the outside with silicone and aluminum tape. Image quality is back on track with the new camera.
on January 20, 2015
It is an excellent camera, I install it on my corolla 2009 and looks to perfecion, I also like its night vision
on December 4, 2015
This is an updated and upgraded review after receiving outstanding customer service from Hisgadget Inc. After posting in my original 3-star review that my camera had fogged slightly, Amy from Hisgadget emailed me. She offered to replace my camera at no charge under its one-year warranty. I was surprised, as I had not contacted Hisgadget—their customer satisfaction team had reached out to me after seeing my review! Amy sent a replacement camera which I received within days. It's hard to believe, but it's true--I received a replacement camera under warranty from Hisgadget without contacting them or requesting one!

Now, let me explain how the fogging of my original camera may have come about. I am using the camera as a blind-spot device, installed on the passenger side of my car. Mounting the camera required that it be installed at an angle, not horizontally. This required me to rotate the lens of the camera to orient the image properly. I believe this is what compromised its waterproofing and resulted in the problem of moisture entering the lens. In other words, it was my fault in installing the camera in an orientation which it is not designed for.

With the replacement camera, I sealed the seam of the rotated lens with clear nail polish and shrink tubing. I have since driven the car in the rain and have run it through a car wash and the picture remains clear without any fogging. The camera works well and I feel it is proper for me to upgrade my original review.

Thank you to Amy and the customer satisfaction team at Hisgadget for outstanding service and proactive customer support. This has been the most positive online purchase experience I have ever made.
on June 20, 2016
I purchased this camera to replace an older Esky EC170-08. This cam is pretty much an upgrade to the older version. I bought the older version in 2011 on amazon and it still works but with newer technology comes better benefits. This camera really has an HD look to it. It much clearer than other cams i've tried. At night you get an crisp image on the screen. Because the older model was from the same manufacturer, installation took about 5 minutes due to the cable being the exact same. The mount for the camera is fixed to the cam so you have to bend it fit your needs just becareful not to keep bending it as it could break. But I don't see myself having to adjust it as i'll never touch it again. The only modification i had to make was make another hole for the mount as I was able to position it over one of the old holes. One note is to be careful with the screws as they are small and can be lost very easily as I did. But I was able to use another screw no biggie, no one sees it anyways. I've only had it installed for a couple of days but i don't see any issues popping up. All in all quick install, great price, and better image makes this product a win.
review image
on October 13, 2015
Camera had always been black in the upper left corner, as if something was obstructing the lens where there was nothing visible.
It worked well while it worked, it started getting intermittent signal which I ignored assuming the wires were the cause. I kept changing the way the wires were connected until I soldered the wires so I knew the connection was secure-still intermittent feed. It finally stopped working completely about two months ago, I don't have much of a desire to pull everything apart again to replace the camera so I will just continue seeing "no signal" every time I back up.