Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on November 6, 2009
As the item description states, this blind basket will fit into a 58-mm (commercial size) portafilter. In my case, it fit perfectly in a Gaggia New Baby 2006 portafilter. I attempted to backflush my machine and did worked! In my case backflushing does not appear to be necessary because only clear liquid came out and there didn't appear to be any build-up behind the shower screen (though there are many who will argue otherwise). At $4 I believe the cost is really reasonable even if I never use it on the Gaggia again, I can still probably use it on any other 58-mm portafilter machine.

Note: Remember that you can only backflush a machine with a 3-way valve. If you are unsure of whether your machine has one or not I would strongly recommend finding out before buying this and possibly damaging your machine!
on August 30, 2015
Works great! My Gaggia was performing really poorly. Between using a proper decalcifying agent (Cafiza) and this device, which forces the machine to do a backflush, it got back to new! I had tried a hack (using a piece of rubber cut to the regular filter cup) but this definitely works better! Note, this device can be used only on machines that accommodate the back flashing! Back flushing is only for Gaggias or other machines with a 3-way solenoid (e.g. The Classic and some Babys). Do not attempt to backflush machines that do not have a 3-way valve. Gaggias with a 3-way valve have a drain of some sort into the drip tray.
on January 3, 2014
This portafilter insert worked quite well to backflush my gaggia classic. Fit the portafilter well, and made a good seal against the group head gasket, which is important if you are backflushing.
on October 3, 2012
Once again I got exactly what I needed from Amazon and it was cheap and arrived super fast too...I Love Amazon! This blind basket is a perfect fit for the portafilter of my Nuova Simonelli Oscar and it makes it easy to keep Oscar clean with daily backflushing. This is a must have if you want your machine to last and to make delicious espresso shots. Buy it now!
on January 11, 2013
Yup, awesome product. A must for back flushing your espresso machine. Perfect fit to my Gaggia Classic portafilter. I use this with Cafeza cleaner with great results.
on May 17, 2010
Simple and effective - works exactly as expected. Using it for my Rancilio Silvia 58mm portafilter.
on January 9, 2015
Why doesn't this thing have any holes? Takes forever to pull a shot!

Just kidding. Fits fine into a Rocket E61 bottomless and allows thorough backlashing. I use a rubber insert daily to do maintenance backflushes, and this thing for the weekly "serious" backflush.

A necessary accessory.
on July 4, 2015
This worked wonderfully in my 15 year old Gaggia Classic. I can't believe how much better it's performing after watching a video on Youtube to see how to backflush the machine and another video to see how to descale. Highly recommend this product.
on April 26, 2016
This was fully functional part to backflush my 1999 Rancilio Silvia. Fit perfectly and appears to be of very good quality. Originally Rancilio recommended no backflush as some would run too long and burn out pump then try to get replacement for their "defective" pump. At least that is the legend I heard. Since I have replaced 2 pumps, two heating elements, added a PID and now am going to rebuild or replace the over pressure valve I wonder if my machine is out of warranty. I always thought the Rancilio home machines were named after 1960's movie stars, i.e. Audrey/Kathy/Nancy/Silvia. Anybody know?
on May 23, 2015
Not much to say, stainless steel and works well. My espresso machine came with a rubber/plastic insert that you put in your portafilter brewing basket to backflush. Not great, so I got this metal backflush basket. You take the brewing basket out and put this one in the portafilter to backflush. I took the spring out of the portafilter that usually holds the brewing basket in place (if you're careful you don't need it). This way I can easily switch between the basket with the coffee and this one to clean the shower head after brewing. Keeps the machine much cleaner.