Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Esschert Design WA02 Bee House
|Price:||$23.67 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$6.32 (21%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Encourage Mason Bees to stay near your garden
- Mason bees are found throughout the US
- Mason bees generally find holes in wood to nest in. Our house provides the perfect environment
- Most flowers depend on insects for pollination
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) Bees like a sturdy home, so the house shouldn't be hung by the built-in wire.
2) The roof isn't long enough to protect the tube entrances from rain.
3) The bamboo isn't cut precisely so some of them have the dividing node closer to the entrance instead of at the rear. You can see this on the item photo with some tubes being closed at the front. Some of the bamboo tubes have no nodes (you can see all the way through them). Bees prefer to have one end closed.
4) The tubes are only about 4 inches long. This is a good length for holes less than 1/4" in diameter. But for holes 1/4" and bigger, the bees need 6" in length.
It is interesting to note that after hanging the house up (using the wire hanger) for one year near my pollinator garden, I had no resident bees. I took the house down and left it on a patio table to remind me to clean it and make necessary modifications. Within a week, there was a carpenter bee (Xylocopa varipuncta) nesting in one of the largest tubes. I am quite surprised that she is using such a short tunnel and picked the bamboo over the timbers on my deck! She spent several days creating a pile of sawdust by making her own modifications to the inside of the tube. I have seen evidence that she is now packing it with pollen.
This bee house will work with modification. It will be best if you have a sturdy platform for it and a covered area to protect it from rain.
I just received the second bee house today and again, the roof was bent and the bamboo shoots were literally falling out of the house upon opening the box. Again, NOT due to improper packing, but poor Quality Control in the Order Fulfillment department at Amazon (even a blind man could have felt the bamboo falling out and the bent roof).
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ORDERING THIS PRODUCT....CHANCES ARE MORE THAN FAVORABLE IT WILL ARRIVE AT YOUR DOORSTEP DAMAGED.
Hope this helps someone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I originally bought this for a little Bee I was trying to save..the poor thing passed away before he could fully enjoy it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Sage Wood
Does not hold up well in the weather-probably would do better under cover-maybe as a decoration. I don't think my bees will be able to use it next year-it is really deteriorating.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Looks very cute.. didn't attract any insects after 1 and a half seasons in the garden and now its fallen apart from weather. Cheaply made.. it was cute thoughPublished 5 months ago by sarah
Nada. Not a bee to be seen lol. We followed the instructions for hanging, but no luck.Published 8 months ago by dappy