Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Learn more

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
on July 26, 2002
I can't believe people are STILL being taken in by this decades old hoax. Edmund B. Szekeley makes many claims which have never been substantiated by any independent witness.
Claim 1: He says he "found" this manuscript in several places, such as the Vatican. The Vatican keeps detailed records of who is allowed to enter it's library and read and research. Strangely enough, Eddy's name does not appear on this list anywhere. The Vatican also has no record of this manuscript, or anything like it, ever being housed there.
He also claims he found this manuscript in
a) A monastery in Monte Cassino monastery which was, as is well known, destroyed by being bombed during the Second World War. Interestingly, Szekeley made no mention of the Hebrew fragments found at Monte Cassino until after the war.
b) The National Library of Vienna. Per Beskow (in Strange Tales About Jesus) says that when he asked the National Library of Vienna about the Old Slavonic text, the reply was sent that there is no such text, that a number of people have made inquiries about the text, and the general opinion was that Szekeley made it up.
Of course, there's always the possibility that a man with no formal training managed to learn ancient Hebrew, Aramaic and Old Slavonic, found an incredible manuscript that no one else had ever heard of, or even seen, and then a vast international conspiracy formed in order to discredit him.
It is clear that people who really really really wish hard enough, and are willing to believe anything, will still happily lap up this tripe. Point those people to me, I've got a nice piece of the True Cross I'd like to sell you, and I think I just might have found the undersea location of Atlantis.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 26, 2013
I read this book thinking that it might help me with my arthritis. The eating recommendations were mostly not new to me. Some were a little over the top, e.g. no meat and no cooking at all. The problem is, I believe this author interjected many of his own beliefs in the book, e.g. "for thine is the kingdom, the power and glory....." in the Lord's prayer. Jesus never said this! It was added to the prayer years later by the Protestants. Also, the part that speaks about living according to your faith and how you were raised, whether it be right or wrong. Much can be said about this! One of the most blasphemous things that was said in the book is to pray to Mother Earth as well as God the Father. This is totally wrong and should bring up a red flag to any good Christian! If I noticed these few things popping out at me when I read the book, how many other things in the book are totally bogus? It negates any truth that is written. I ended up throwing this book away!
on January 11, 2015
There is enough in the Bible to show us what we must do to be saved. This book is unnecessary reading.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
When I finished reading this I felt like someone compiled Jesus's greatest hits into one book, using all his best sayings from the Bible wherever it benefited the theme of the book.

The Bible clearly warns of other gospels of Jesus Christ:

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed

2Cr 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we
have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The book clearly wants to advance the pagan agenda of worshiping the pagan goddess mother earth, and NOT Jesus.

There are much more inspiring books about eating raw foods and getting healthy that don't rely on creating yet another false religion and perverting the message of Yeshua.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I found this book to be unfulfilling and not really what I expected from its title. I'll admit that I read no reviews before ordering, but I still found the book very disappointing.