5.0 out of 5 stars Great alkaline water, 9.5pH
Published on January 4, 2012 by Kali

1.0 out of 5 stars TRY BEFORE ORDERING
Ordered this water as I have been drinking another brand of alkaline water (pH9.5) for about a year now. I was excited to receive it, and the price was much lower than what I've been ordering. Guess you get what you pay for. Not only did I not like the taste, I immediately had an upset stomach then really got sick. Throwing nearly a whole case away. Going back to my...
Published 2 months ago by LMW

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alkaline water, 9.5pH, January 4, 2012
Kali (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essentia 9.5 pH Drinking Water, 1 Liter, (Pack of 12) (Grocery)
Got a bottle of this at my local Whole Foods market to try. It has a silky taste as it advertises and it is a great starting water for people -like me- who want to see if alkaline water can make a difference in how they feel and with stomach acidity. I liked it so much, I got a case from Amazon, delivered 2-days later with my Prime account (I love it!). I am slowly going through the case, one bottle every other day, sometimes everyday. I have to say that I have noticed a stamina related improvement but I will have to watch this for more days. I was away for 5 days not drinking it and my stamina was hampered so that is an experiment I can believe, but I need more proof. Tha page says bottles are BPA free but the label on the bottle has no such remark so I am not sure which is true. The price for the 12-case was just $20 when I bought them a few weeks ago, but now I see that Amazon has increased the pricing to $25. I will check with my local Whole Foods market and if price is lower for a case there, will not buy from Amazon the next time around -sorry Amazon.

If you are now starting to get interested in an alkaline diet for improving your health, this is a great introduction along with several books on reducing the acidity of food intake and stomach environment for all of us with GERD, like Dropping Acid: The Reflux Diet Cookbook & Cure which I also purchased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy and healthy!, December 2, 2013
Denise Bell (Clinton, CT USA) - See all my reviews
When I was with my Mom in CA. helping her while she battled one of the most aggressive cancers, Pancreatic. She started some supportive, yet safe, additional treatments. One was this, drinking ph balanced water. She is cancer free. So I started drinking it as well as my son. I drink a ton of water but often with 'spring' water I still feel thirsty. With essentia I am hydrated, and satisfied. It tastes better for me too. Yes, do the small things as well as the major treatments to take care of yourselves. ;D

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 3:46:14 PM PST
Thank you for your support of Essentia Water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps me get better results when baking but doesn't taste much different, September 20, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered this to try primarily becuase I come from a part of the East Coast where our Tap water or Well water is naturally more Alkaline than it is here in SOuthern CA. For almost 20 years I've tried to make a decent crispy pizza crust or the right combination of tender on the inside, crsuty on the outside homemade breads. I tried addiing things that should make the PH of my doughs more alkaline, hoping to reproduce the baking of my upbringing and yet.. I always failed. Shortly before she died, an italian neighbor of mine from back east suggested I carry back some bottled water from our own well and save it just for bread baking. well, after 9/11, you couldn't do that and it seemed all the bottled waters out here in CA tasted like sulfur and made my bread crusts tough. The Good news is that I tried making several different types of bread using the Essentia and it DID seem to do the trick. That may be a silly reason to buy bottled water but if you want to bake your great-grandmother's bread for the holidays, then what'sa few bottles of special water gonna hurt?

As for taste? It tasted fine to me - no better or worse than the best waters I've had. I can't say speak to the issue of GERD and acid reflux but if this water helps somebody with that, it's a lot better than getting hooked on Proton-pump inhibitor prescriptions that cause even more problems than they solve. I read many of the reviews from people who were buying the Essentia for that reason and many of them seem to have found this water gives them more natural relief. It's an interesting approach and one worth trying since the environmental impact and carbon footprint of relying for life on Prevacid or Nexium is far worse than simply swithing the bottled water you drink. In a perfect world, we'd all toss our bottled water and use Tap filters but Essentia's Reverse Osmosis process followed by Ionic Separartion tech is a little bit.. no.. way above the cost reach of most home-owners.

Me, I'll use my tap filter for drinking water but when I bake anything, I'll likely use Essentia as the water called for in the recipe because it most closely mimics the effect that the natural well water of my youth had on the baking process. Water is not simply H20 - the minerals in it contribute to the outcome in cooking as does the pH. Sure, I could just dump some extra baking soda in but that never worked in the past as well as Essentia has worked in my recent baking spree. I'm a believer in it's chemcial differences vis a vis baking. If helps some people reduce acid stomach without medication then they've found a unique way to help others. You know how much a year's worth of Nexium costs? Do the math and then you'll see my point.

I don't think essentia will rock the world of bottled water but like Coconut water, caffiene water and even mint water, if it ain't HFCS soda, it's not as bad. Sure, we should drink tap water but some people can't. Until we all have Triple filtering technologies, there's Essentia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this water, February 25, 2012
I have been drinking Essentia for about a month now and really feel it makes a difference in my hydration. I can tell that more now that I ran out and had to supplement my Amazon purchase with running to the store. I know a couple of reviewers have said it doesn't seem to taste different but I would beg to differ. I use a Brita filter on both my faucet and through a pitcher and can tell the Essentia water has a smoother texture "feel" than the filtered water. I am a big fan and while I won't always shell out for bottled water, it certainly is the brand I will choose.

5.0 out of 5 stars This water is making a difference for me, February 8, 2012
This water tastes good, and after drinking it for a few weeks, it has most certainly helped with my indigestion and acid reflux. I also feel like I can drink more of it without getting bloated than I did with Evian. It tastes smooth and does well at quenching my thirst, better than some other bottled waters I have tried.

I have now subscribed to a couple of cases of this direct from Amazon each month, as the price per liter works out less than I was paying for Evian from the store on a regular basis, and with a subcription, the shipping is always free. Hard to beat that.

Not sure why anyone would want to get same size bottles from the NutriCity listing for this on Amazon, as the price listed there is currently listed at $66.33, and no option to use amazon prime or to be able to subcribe and save.

5.0 out of 5 stars High PH Hydration is awesome!, November 13, 2013
I've been drinking this water for almost a year an it has made a tremendous difference in reducing the pain in my joints and improved hydration. I see it in my skin, I'm on auto order.

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 3:49:02 PM PST

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but worth every penny, December 15, 2013
I love this water, it has made a noticeable difference in my body's pH and the large bottles ensure that I am staying well hydrated. If you don't drink alkaline water you definitely need to try it and this brand is the best of the best (trust me, I've tried them ALL). Ingesting alkaline water strengthens your immune system and improves your bodies defenses against free radicals and can even reverse the damage done by them. “NO disease, including CANCER, can exist in an alkaline environment.” - Dr. Otto Warberg, 1931 Nobel Prize winner for cancer discovery.

4.0 out of 5 stars High pH Purified Water, February 23, 2012
John F. Wright (Savage, Minnesota United States) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is probably one of the best bottled waters you can purchase.

I have my own alkaline ionizing water purifier so for years I've consumed high pH purified water directly from my own tap. I think having your own purifier is a superior approach, in the long run it is a lot cheaper and more convenient than purchasing bottled water.

It takes a bit to get used to the flavor of Essentia water but it isn't bad.

As to the health merits of high pH water, I have discussed this with other health experts. Overall my conclusion is that it is very healthy when consumed alone throughout the day. However if you have low stomach acid production (which is common as we get older) then it may not be wise to drink a lot of high pH water when eating a meal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised!, January 23, 2014
While in a health food store a couple of weeks ago I asked them to recommend a good bottled water. They recommended Essentia and I took home a case to try. I have a problem with acid reflux and usually have it every day. I hate to take medicine so I wait to see if I am getting it before I take anything. I was surprised to find drinking this water actually kept my reflux under control until the day I forgot to bring my bottle to work with me. I suffered all day with reflux!!!! I got back on my Essentia that evening and did not have reflux again until the weekend when we went out of town and of course, I didn't have the Essentia!!! I suffered all weekend with reflux but when I got back home I immediately started back on the Essentia. As long as I drink the Essentia I am reflux free!! I find the taste to be pleasant and will keep drinking it and plan to get on the delivery program. Any time I can drink water and not suffer with reflux I will be happy. I hate taking any type of medicine!!! I went back to the health food store again yesterday and purchased another case of Essentia. So glad I accidentally stumbled upon this great water!!!!!

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 9:05:59 AM PST

4.0 out of 5 stars High pH Drinking Water, June 16, 2014
I was preparing to place an order for this product when I decided to check the ingredients. At the top of the list after purified water is sodium bicarbonate. Really? Baking soda? I decided to do an experiment and added 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda to 8 cups of filtered water from my water filter tap, then checked the pH with diagnostic pH test strips previously purchased through Amazon. The result was an astounding 8.0 pH and I couldn't taste the baking soda at that level. I'm sure Essentia Water is a good product and gave it 4 stars, but way pay all that money? Buy some pH test strips and see for yourself. Results may vary depending on your water, and you can slightly increase the amount of baking soda if you want a higher pH, but too much alkaline is just as bad as too much acid.

Rate and Discover Movies