5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on Internet marketing I have ever read, February 26, 2011
This review is from: The Essential Attorney Handbook for Internet Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and Website Deve (Paperback)
Jeff Lantz represents the best of both worlds: He is an attorney who understands what consumers want and look for -- and is an honest, cutting-edge, competent Internet marketer.

Before I continue, let me frame this review: I run a competing attorney marketing firm, but what Lantz' book has to offer is so valuable I encourage every attorney with a website, or planning a website, to read his book - even if it means you end up calling him for your marketing services. I read his book as I have read countless Internet marketing books expecting "more of the same" and looking for flaws to poke fun at. Instead I found myself nodding with every page, "Jeff Lantz gets it!" After reading his book, you too will "get it."

Lantz guides readers through everything from the process of selecting a domain name, choosing a host provider to security, servers, web design, optimization and marketing in layman's terms. This is not a hardcore "scary" book only for geeks - he uses examples and sometimes humor to get his message across. He thoughtfully covers one of the most important aspects of attorney marketing that too many of the "Big Guy" companies miss: developing a site as an extension of your firms' core values and highlighting services that people will want.

He explains why content is king - and how the right content can make or break success. He provides great advice and examples on how to determine what content you should and should not have on your website right down to developing impressive attorney profiles that will resonate with visitors. And, unlike most marketers that simply believe generating high traffic is the key to Internet success, he correctly emphasizes website optimization and marketing as a means to help people find your website, but how they react to your site is what determines its value. His book addresses both - separating him from the rest of the pack when it comes to marketers who are simply obsessed with raw traffic data.

This book does offer reliable information about search engine optimization and social networking and can be used as a great reference book, but it offers so much more. Instead of just saying "do this" Lantz explains why you should (or should not do something), educating attorneys so they will be able to make their own independent decisions when it comes to the micro aspects involved in marketing individual websites.

I highly recommend this book to attorneys who are looking for self-help solutions that make sense. But I also recommend reading it before you select an attorney marketing company, or, if you are unhappy with your current provider. The knowledge you will gain about the duality of how website marketing works (getting people there and then getting them to call you) will empower you to demand more from your own marketing company, or maybe even to muster the courage to run your own website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, December 25, 2011
Excellent book on attorney internet marketing. I own and operate a small Manhattan law firm ([...]) and incorporate many of the concepts that the author mentions in his book. I studied business,including finance, management and marketing at the NYU Stern School of Business before I became a lawyer. This book has many sensible business and marketing concepts. I think it might be particularly useful for the lawyer who wants to develope his own website but has no prior business or marketing training.

5.0 out of 5 stars I needed to purchase this book to help me understand ..., December 8, 2014
I needed to purchase this book to help me understand some issues in the design of my business. I did well by purchasing it.

Used & New from: $29.67