5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album
Published on February 10, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Knock offs, disappointing
Published on December 17, 2009 by R.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Knock offs, disappointing, December 17, 2009
This review is from: The Essential Disney Love Song Collection (MP3 Music)
If you enjoy listening to the pop-versions of Disney songs being sung over the credits of various movies (you know, the ones with lots of synthesizers and vocalists hamming the crap out of the song) then you should enjoy this CD. Don't get this if you're looking for the actual songs from the movies. I'm very curious to hear what conversation happened in the marketing room to make this 'collection' a reality. "You know that collection of CLASSIC LOVE SONGS we have that are BELOVED BY OUR FANS?" "Yeah, yeah, let's bring in your 14 year old cousin and have them sing them all, and then sell them!"

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Collection--Disney Should Be Ashamed!, July 10, 2009
This is a poorly produced compilation album that combines the original recordings of songs from "Pocahontas," "Aladdin," and "Beauty and the Beast," with cheap studio knockoffs.

Seriously, there is no reason for this, since Disney seems to be able to release the original recordings of all the rest of its music pretty regularly. Take one listen to the horrifically bad singing on "When You Wish Upon a Star" and you'll wish you'd never heard the guy sing.

Avoid this at all costs, and buy the real thing instead.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some Are the Originals, February 5, 2011
Rick Buchanan (Roanoke, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Essential Disney Love Song Collection (MP3 Music)
These songs are the actual "originals" from the soundtracks, listing the film title and the original artist:

"When You Wish Upon A Star" (Pinocchio) (Cliff Edwards)

"Can You Feel The Love Tonight" (The Lion King) (Ernie Sabella, Joseph Williams, Nathan Lane, Sally Dworsky)

"Bella Notte" (Lady And The Tramp)(Bill Thompson)

"So This Is Love" (Cinderella)(Ilene Woods and Mike Douglas)

"Once Upon A Dream" (Sleeping Beauty)(Mary Costa and Bill Shirley)

"One Dance" (The Little Mermaid)(deleted from the final film)

"Baby Mine" (Dumbo)(Betty Noyes)

"I Won't Say I'm In Love"(Hercules)(Susan Egan)

"You'll Be In My Heart"(Tarzan)(Glenn Close and Phil Collins)

"I Wonder"(Sleeping Beauty)(Mary Costa)

"Stay Awake"(Mary Poppins)(Julie Andrews)

Whether the covers are better or worse is debatable. They are not, however, the originals. Be advised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, February 10, 2010
This review is from: The Essential Disney Love Song Collection (MP3 Music)
I am very confused by all of these people that say these are not original songs. I have some of the full soundtracks for some of these songs and they are exactly the same. The others I think are from the Broadway renditions of the movies but I'm not sure. Either way I don't think the singing is bad and I'm not sure that the people who complained about this album really listened to all of the previews. I think that if you're a true Disney lover, you'll like this album. And who can beat $2.99!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than a poison apple, February 10, 2010
This review is from: The Essential Disney Love Song Collection (MP3 Music)
Can you feel the love? I can't. Whatever dumbo approved this lame mishmash should be quickly escorted out of the magic kingdom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
Just perfect =0)

5.0 out of 5 stars disney, June 17, 2014
M. Avina "thetwinsrafael" (Denver, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
great.. my child's favorite. I would recommend it. Great songs from favorite movies old and newer movies. Great great great

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney Music Listener, April 1, 2014
This review is from: The Essential Disney Love Song Collection (MP3 Music)
My family and I are avid Disney fans! We LOVE all the music that comes from their movies. I'm just so happy to listen to a new mix of the magical songs. To sing and dance and whistle a "happy little working song" while doing housework Makes the job go by so quickly! Thanks Amazon for bringing it to me!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Always Love Disney, March 22, 2014
This review is from: The Essential Disney Love Song Collection (MP3 Music)
I grew up with Disney and have experienced personally a Cinderella story because I Believe in God and the Anointed LORD Jesus. The difference between my story and Cinderella is it ends in marriage which was the beginning for me.If you love the Disney tales you will loves these songs for easy listening and relaxing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Note by original movie track artists, March 17, 2014
This review is from: The Essential Disney Love Song Collection (MP3 Music)
disappointed in several of the arrangements and artists. I hope that when Disney uses it's name to sell music it learns that we don't want new renditions.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›