5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Indeed!
Published on April 21, 2012 by Gen

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not Buy from Amazon - will make you sick!
Published 8 months ago by opheliazen

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not Buy from Amazon - will make you sick!, November 12, 2013
This review is from: Essential Formulas Dr.Ohhira's Probiotics Original Formula, 60 capsules (Health and Beauty)
I started taking these probiotics after doing a ton of research to conclude these are the best. I agree these are amazing probiotics but unfortunately, not from Amazon. The first few boxes I had were great and then when I got my new order I started getting really sick from them. I had terrible gas, bloating and diarrhea. It took me a while to narrow it down to this but when I stopped taking them, my symptoms went away. So I returned them and ordered a new box but unfortunately, the same thing happened. I went directly to Dr. Ohira's site and saw that they specifically state that probiotics ordered from Amazon are not guaranteed for quality or freshness. I ended up buying them locally and had no issues and ordered my next few boxes from the Dr.Ohira site. I love Amazon for so many things but not this. Bottom Line: Do not buy from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Indeed!, April 21, 2012
Gen (Great Barrington, MA) - See all my reviews
I had known about Dr. Ohhira's probiotics for a while before I actually purchased it - it is quite expensive and I wanted to be sure I wasn't wasting my money. I developed IBS last year because of multiple stressors that come from working full-time and managing all the parenting demands at home. My doctor recommended several prescriptions medications to help "manage" symptoms, but I decided not to subject my already irritated digestive system with harsh drugs that could potentially create a host of new health problems. After considerable research, I made the decision to try this product. I initially bought it from a local health food store and once I was convinced, I decided to start ordering it from Amazon.com. Given below is a summary of my experience with this product:

October 2011 - Developed IBS symptoms - Abdominal pain, Changes in bowel movements, Fatigue, Headaches, Trouble sleeping, mild Heart Palpitations (probably stress related)
November 2011 - made dietary changes and took up yoga for relaxation - some improvement in symptoms, but symptoms not completely resolved
February 2012 - Started taking this product (2 capsules twice a day for a month) - some improvement in symptoms - abdominal pain wasn't as frequent, not as tired, sleeping better
April 2012 - After being on this product for 2 months, I can honestly say all of my bothersome symptoms have greatly been reduced -I am not as tired, haven't had more than an occasional stress-related headache recently, my bowel movements are regular, have not experienced any significant abdominal pain, have been sleeping much better

Note: Initially when I started taking the product, I experienced gas, bloating, but the product insert clearly indicated that this was normal while the product worked to recolonize the healthful bacteria in my gut. These mild, initial side effects eventually went away. It is also important to stay VERY HYDRATED when taking this product - not consuming adequate water can lead to severe constipation and counter the intended benefits of the product.

I believe that making dietary changes and stressing less are key to successfully managing IBS and supplements, as their name suggests, work best when they are used in conjunction with lifestyle changes. Although I am not completely out of the woods as far as IBS is concerned, I feel better than I have felt in months and intend to continue taking this product for at least another 3 months. I will readily recommend this product to anyone interested in a safe, natural, and gentle approach to digestive health. Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Be aware what company you buy this product from according to Dr. Ohirra at Essential Formulas...., December 11, 2013
Yaya (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING THIS ITEM!!!!!!!! I absolutely love this product and have been using it for many years and it has changed my life. I noticed that there were some comments on if Amazon sells expired products through some of these sellers and more recently I have been ordering them through Amazon instead of IHerb.com because it is cheaper and free shipping. I contact Essential Formulas today and spoke with one of their representatives and they said that there are some sellers of this product that are not authorized to sell the product so they cannot guarantee freshness. But there are also quite a few that Essential Formulas directly sells to that AMAZON DOES SELL and you can trust them... to name a few... Get them from these sellers: My Natural Market, Vista Collection, Harvest Moon, Spiritual Nutrients, Vitamins-best.com. These are a few companies that Essentials will absolutely guarantee freshness and quality!! I hope this helps.. If there is a company selling their item and it is not listed above, they said to feel free to contact them directly to confirm them as responsible sellers.

1.0 out of 5 stars I think these are fakes, September 25, 2011
I purchased this probiotic here several times and have also ordered them on a very reputable herbal supplement website (iherbdotcom). When ever I order them from Amazon, the probiotic package is slightly opened and the insert inside the box with instructions is missing. Not so with the other website. Also, the expiration date on the clear plastic label is crooked and not typed the same way as it is on the other packages that I buy for almost $50 or so. For example; the expiration date on the more expensive box say 06/2013.... On these cheaper versions it says Jun/2013.

I don't know if it means anything, but wondering if these are really expired tablets that are re-stamped with a new expiration date...Just not sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY one that worked for me!, August 13, 2011
This is the ONLY probiotic that worked for me. I suddenly started getting acne in my 30's after four years and trying 5-6 different probiotics ranging from 15-86 billion cultures. I finally tried this one which only has 900 million,clearly the high numbers didnt matter for me. After about a week or two the acne COMPLETELY CLEARED I WAS AMAZED! I only took this product to clear ACNE and IT WORKED I would definitely recommend this to ANYONE struggling with acne believe me I've tried Pro Active,oxy 10,clean and clear,etc. none have worked u need to work on the problem from the inside.

1.0 out of 5 stars No colonization after 6 months of use, August 16, 2010
wiferoli "wiferoli" (Washington the State) - See all my reviews
I began taking Ohhira probiotics after a stool test revealed that I had no beneficial bacteria at all. I began taking 3 capsules twice daily on an empty stomach and eventually worked down to 1 capsule twice daily as per the instructions. After taking the product faithfully for six months, I had another stool test. Much to my dismay, there is ZERO growth of the bacteria listed on the Ohhira label. There are e.coli and clostridium and some bacteriodes fragilis, but ZERO lactobaccilus and bifiobacterium. I have spent hundreds of dollars on this product to no avail. I am very disappointed and am wondering if I can get my money refunded. I purchased some Renew Life Ultimate Flora 50 billion last week along with a quart of un-homogenized milk, came home and made yogurt with both the Renew Life and the Ohhira: heated and cooled the milk to 110F; sterilized two containers; added the probiotics; put them in a warm place and went to sleep. The next morning, the Renew Life product had made some beautiful (and delicious) yogurt. Ohirra had done nothing. Three days later the Ohirra had made a slimy yogurt. I do not recommend this product. I'll have another stool test after six months of using Renew Life and will then post a follow-up review.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is beyond AMAZING!!!, August 27, 2012
This product -- Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics, Original formula -- should be available to ALL mankind for free! It is the panacea for ALL ills.

I am writing this review with the sole intention of convincing all those who are fortunate enough to have found Dr. Ohhira's product to first order it and then continue to read on. Yes, order it before you read the review any further because you simply CANNOT go wrong! Dr. Ohirra's probiotic is simply the most powerful supplement I have tried to date. Please don't get me wrong, there are many other products that are extremely beneficial but this is the MASTER KEY! It is the password that activates all cellular functions and thereby leads to perfect health. IT WORKS! Don't ask how or why, PLEASE just order it!

I had suffered LONG & HARD for several decades. I had many symptoms that indicated my body was on its way down and out -- it was shutting down -- approaching coma and death. Among my many symptoms that indicated something was very wrong, were, chronic and acute insomnia, grogginess throughout the day, extremely poor reflexes, walking into pillars and door jambs, inability to drive, wildly fluctuating blood pressure (within 5 minute time span), constipation or diarrhea, inability to concentrate, total memory loss, no zest for life, brown and white patches on skin, difficulty breathing, panic attacks, hopelessness, acute and chronic sciatica, aches and pains all over my body, etc etc. I was truly a walking corpse. All this despite never having smoked, done drugs or alcohol in my entire life. I ate what I had been told was "good", and yet I continued to suffer.

Since 2003 I have tried many things to regain my health, some with greater success than others. The things that gave me TREMENDOUS relief were yoga, the Living foods lifestyle -- sprouts, seeds & nuts, green smoothies, fermented foods, wheatgrass juice, etc. Supplements that were EXCELLENT were -- Oceans Alive Marine Phytoplankton, Maca Powder, Klamath Lake Blue Green Algae, Spirulina, Aloe Vera juice, Angstrom line of Minerals from Mother Earth Minerals.

Last week I happened to be browsing the web and stumbled upon a web page where Gabriel Cousens had listed 22 supplements that are used at his retreat in Patagonia, AZ. Since I have the highest regard for Gabriel Cousens -- based upon the way he has been healing people at his retreat, I knew that his recommendations are most appropriate. Dr. Ohhira's probiotic supplement was on the list. Despite the high cost of Dr. Ohhira's probiotic supplement I went ahead and placed an order with Amazon. I have been taking this original formula for 6 days and I have been feeling ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! All I can say is that it works. I don't want to know the how and why, it simply works! Its MARVELLOUS! It has been the SINGLE greatest discovery of my 54 yrs in matters of health. If you did not follow my earlier advice, please pause now and order it, then read on.

Realizing good health takes effort. Our food is no longer food in the true sense. Not only has our natural environment -- soil, water and air -- been depleted and polluted, but what is perhaps worse is that ALL the information put out by the medical community, the universities, the USDA and FDA etc are all worthless. It has no basis in truth. I know this may sound extreme, but one does not have to look far to see the tremendous suffering on account of chronic pains and degerative diseases. How come in 2010 the cost of prescription drugs in the USA alone was $307 billion? There were 200+ million prescriptions in the USA for antidepressants alone! Something is obviously very wrong. In order to gain a full understanding of the magnitude of the problem and a fix to it, I recommend the following DVDs:

Healing Cancer From Inside Out - 2nd Edition

Gabriel Cousens, MD: Rainbow-Green Live-Food Cuisine

Vanishing of the Bees

Burzynski, the Movie

CANCER is curable NOW DVD NTSC

Dr. Ann Wigmore's Living Foods Lifestyle - Filmed at the AWNH Institute in Puerto Rico

The World According to Monsanto

The Gmo Trilogy And Seeds of Deception Set

Many of the above DVDs are also obtainable through Netflix.

Some of the books I recommend are:

Wheatgrass Nature's Finest Medicine: The Complete Guide to Using Grasses to Revitalize Your Health

Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha/2008 Fourth Revised Edition

Having healed myself fully, and regained PERFECT health, I am on my way to becoming a Kungfu monk! Now I can practice advanced yoga and meditate and find my way out of misery to be free forever. Detoxification is the key to all life -- intelligence, awareness, happiness, peace and prosperity. Dr. Ohhira's probiotic supplement is a powerful detoxifier.

Today, I have already ordered Dr. Ohhira's professional probiotic formula. I know I will be taking Dr. Ohhira's formulas for life. He should be nominated for the Nobel prize. No, he is beyond the Nobel Prize! This product should be available to all mankind for free, starting today! Dr. Ohhira is divinely blessed to come up with such a powerful remedy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, November 11, 2011
Owen Duffy (YONKERS, NY, US) - See all my reviews
I am a 70 yr old male. I have used this product for many years and its very effective. It one of the best products in it's field.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Was so afraid this won't work(pretty much my last hope) but I m feeling the difference, November 22, 2011
jenny spam (NEW YORK, NY, US) - See all my reviews
Struggle between hashimoto which is an auto immune condition, and fibromalgia which is also an immune illness...I couldn't help wondering why and what caused it... I am 35 and had both condition for over 10 years with different severity at different time... I always has this depressing thought living with pain and fatigue tht if this only getting worse as I m getting older what's the point of living...i pretty much quit my job and sit home all day online to find a cure...just can't settle with the though that I m just damn cursed...
And here it comes the probiotics..I took it about 5 days, feel more energy, not that cold any more.. No fatigue after meal.. Stay up when I wanted to... The chronic diarrhea got slightly better, still pretty gassy after eating :( but I can feel the difference, the improvement, and most importantly light of hope...
I also read up somewhere probiotics that doesn't require refrigeration is more stable in it's forms like this one stated it's been fermented for 3 years and stay it's settled stage... Also I take it after meal to avoid enzyme dissolved the potency and makes it not able to reach lower intestine... Not sure this is the right way but I feel the difference...anybody have any opinion about how to take it? I also take kefir with colostrum ( the building block) to help the porous guts grow back together.. Maybe also L glucostmine helps too I heard...I also cut out coffee and found out a coffee substitute called carob is much healthier....

Thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money, August 24, 2013
This item seems to repackaged and either expired or imitation. Another reviewer had a similar experience. It contains no package insert like the same product does from other sources and the expiration date is re-stickered. It did not work and in a petri dish there was no growth. Good news Amazon was awesome handling my return and refund. I love Amazon!

Rate and Discover Movies