Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Beyonce Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 6, 2010
I purchased this book after a loooong search and found it to have a wealth of fantastic information for gay and lesbian weddings. It is written from a candid viewpoint, takes into account double groom and double bride weddings, parents, invitations, locations, etc. Basically it is a great jumping off point to help find resources and go about planning your special day, whether you want to be more traditional, or do your own thing. The chapters devoted to dealing with family members were especially great, and the use of humorous stories and experiences made the book very personal.
on May 28, 2012
The Essential Guide to Gay and Lesbian Weddings is...well...essential. Other than the loads of interesting information, it's a joy of a book to pick up, skip around in, dig through. Perhaps the most powerful thing about the book is its fundamentally kind outlook, its assumption that everyone, no matter who you love, wants what we all want: joy, celebrations, and events that validate love. I keep going back to this book because it makes me feel good. It's kinda that simple.
on November 4, 2009
Eleven years ago, long before same sex marriage was a regular headline, my partner and I used the Essential Guide as an indispensable tool for planning our own wedding. Their ground-breaking, informative and humorous advice was inspiring for us -- so much so that I recommended their book highly in the earliest days of our own ground-breaking business serving same sex couples -- the online boutiques [...] and [...] (now [...]), founded in 1999. Thank goodness they are back! The old editions were getting hard to come by and today's aspiring brides and grooms will undoubtedly benefit from this updated guide. So, here's a toast to the NEW Essential Guide!
on September 5, 2012
The Essential Guide to Gay and Lesbian Weddings is an essential read for any same-sex couple planning a wedding. The authors offer describe traditional practices and offer insightful suggestions on how same-sex couples can adapt these practices for their own celebration. They make it clear that couples can have as traditional or as non-traditional a celebration as they desire. The authors also provide helpful checklists to help couples think through the many things that go into planning a wedding and to organize their thoughts.
on June 9, 2015
A friend of ours gave us this book after having planned their own wedding using some of its helpful tips. Although that was 3 years ago now, I remember how useful it was to have such a thorough guide but written with a clear understanding of how difficult it is for those of us who had never really considered marriage to be an option! Tons of very useful basic information that every straight woman learned about long ago while thinking of their future wedding as a little girl. It's also a hilarious read, keeping things light, while informing. I'm about to buy the same book but in its new form for another friend of mine who I just learned is now engaged!
on April 15, 2013
I'm hoping to get married myself and this book was a great first book to read to get an understanding of what I need to be aware of. I personally didn't need to read the history of marriage. That part wasn't very useful to how to plan a wedding.
on October 14, 2009
This is a wonderful updated guide for all gay and lesbian couples that want to say "I do". The original was way before it's time, and greatly appreciated by many who were forging through the murky and joyful waters of wedding planning.

Ms Ayers and Mr Brown continue their wonderful (professional) partnership, and are truly gentle and essential guides for all same-sex couples contemplating the next big step.
on September 18, 2013
Answers to all those questions you never thought you would get to think about: how to manage your mother, how to manager her mother, what should you pay for x, when do I think about y, how much will this actually cost?!

Funny, precise, covers all the topics you could imagine!
on August 9, 2013
Did you know that there is a cake tasting fee? I didn't. This book has helpful tips like that coupled with funny insights into planning a gay wedding.
on November 26, 2010
I appreciate the explanation of wedding traditions (bouquet toss, garter, rings, etc.) so I can decide if I want to use them in my wedding.