From the Back Cover
In Essential Manners for Men, etiquette expert Peter Post tackles the issues of real concern for today's man, enabling him to make the right decisions about what to do and say in every situation that counts, whether in daily life, social life, or on the job. Sharp, savvy, and sensible—filled with accessible sidebars, tips, and stories from the author's own experiences—this classic New York Times bestselling handbook has been updated to reflect the realities of our modern times with all new material, including:
- Social media: social networking, gaming, and the world of online dating
- Communication in person: greetings, handshakes, and how to make the all-important good first impression
- Communication on-the-go: texting, e-mailing, and using smart phones
- Life changes: dealing with bumps in the road, from divorce to layoffs
- Weddings: the man's role, from groom to best man to usher, and the changing nature of the bachelor party
- Entertaining, dining, tipping
Also: Sportsmanship • Parenting • Sharing living space with a roommate, spouse, or significant other • Navigating the business dinner • Throwing a great party or being a perfect guest . . . and much more.
About the Author
Peter Post, great-grandson of Emily Post and a passionate golfer, is the author of the New York Times bestseller Essential Manners for Men, Essential Manners for Couples, The Etiquette Advantage in Business (with Anna Post, Lizzie Post, and Daniel Post Senning), and his weekly business etiquette column Etiquette at Work in the Boston Globe. The father of two grown daughters, he lives with his wife in Vermont.