From the Back Cover
In Essential Manners for Men, etiquette expert Peter Post tackles the issues of real concern for today's man, enabling him to make the right decisions about what to do and say in every situation that counts, whether in daily life, social life, or on the job. Sharp, savvy, and sensible—filled with accessible sidebars, tips, and stories from the author's own experiences—this classic New York Times bestselling handbook has been updated to reflect the realities of our modern times with all new material, including:
- Social media: social networking, gaming, and the world of online dating
- Communication in person: greetings, handshakes, and how to make the all-important good first impression
- Communication on-the-go: texting, e-mailing, and using smart phones
- Life changes: dealing with bumps in the road, from divorce to layoffs
- Weddings: the man's role, from groom to best man to usher, and the changing nature of the bachelor party
- Entertaining, dining, tipping
Also: Sportsmanship • Parenting • Sharing living space with a roommate, spouse, or significant other • Navigating the business dinner • Throwing a great party or being a perfect guest . . . and much more.
About the Author
PETER POST is a director of The Emily Post Institute, Inc., and author of five etiquette books, including the New York Times bestseller Essential Manners for Men. As the creator and primary presenter of Emily Post Business Etiquette programs, Peter leads business seminars for companies both in the United States and abroad. Since 2004, he has authored the Boston Sunday Globe's weekly question-and-answer business etiquette advice column, "Etiquette at Work." One of Emily Post's four great-grandchildren, Peter is a sought-after etiquette expert for television, radio, and print media interviews. He has more than twenty-five years of experience in marketing, communications, design, and education, and holds a master's degree in fine art from the Pratt Institute and a bachelor's degree from the University of Pennsylvania.