5.0 out of 5 stars The Best book if you are using Young Living oils!
Published on January 30, 2012 by Purplecv

3.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you know what edition you're buying
I purchased this one month ago. Unfortunately, I didn't check that there was a newer edition and I was buying a 2011 edition. There are oils that are NOT in this book because of that. It is my fault, however you can get the newer edition for the same price. Just know that they NOT selling you the most updated reference!
Published 4 months ago by TAMMY REY

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best book if you are using Young Living oils!, January 30, 2012
This review is from: Essential Oils Pocket Reference (Spiral-bound)
If you are a Young Living user of their products, this is your BIBLE! It has everything you need in order to use the products wisely and effectively. I turn to it whenever I have a question regarding a health issue. For example: I have a cold with a nasty cough, what oil can I use? I look up cough in the book and they have recommendations with different oils and supplements. This is by far an extensive guide, highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Are you an Oiler?, October 6, 2011
This review is from: Essential Oils Pocket Reference (Spiral-bound)
Then you need this book ~ I carry it with me everywhere to share how essential oils may assist others in their healing! I also own the larger version ~ it has more details. Certainly not portable, tho....

5.0 out of 5 stars wealth of information, June 17, 2012
This review is from: Essential Oils Pocket Reference (Spiral-bound)
This little book packs a big punch. There is a ton of information, including a lot of essential oils 101 type basics. It also includes a comprehensive listing and description of each single oil (including cautions) and a listing/description of many conditions. Each condition will have several oils or blends you can try and several methods to use the oils. It also has a lot of information on massage techniques, and oil applications. I've only had the book for a couple of weeks and its almost overwhelming the amount of info available to study. Two bits of information that I found missing in the oil descriptions are a) if the oil is a top, middle or base note (important when blending), and b) suggestions on what other oils it blends well with. However, I found these on the oil seller's website. I'm already thinking about buying the full desktop version...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Essential Oils Pocket Reference (Spiral-bound)
A friend of mine who is a RN just gave me this book today. As I read through it, I was amazed at the ton of information and research that had gone into this book. For those who are looking for a holistic, alternative way of caring for self and family, this is a must have as reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Oils Booklet, October 2, 2011
This review is from: Essential Oils Pocket Reference (Spiral-bound)
I am very happy with this book. It have a lot of helpful information about essential oils. It really has more information than I expected. Anyone who uses the oils needs this book. I would recommend it to anyone who needs informations about the oils and what they can be used for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Oils Pocket Reference, March 16, 2012
Jan Watkins (Mesa, Arizona, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essential Oils Pocket Reference (Spiral-bound)
This book gives the opportunity to develop a working relationship between essential oils. It's like a cookbook, and it's necessary to use the oils to their greatest potential.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, May 13, 2012
This review is from: Essential Oils Pocket Reference (Spiral-bound)
This is a handy little reference book. Just keep in mind that it's in black and white and of course will not be as in depth as the larger desk reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!! Overpriced on Amazon!, May 19, 2013
This review is from: Essential Oils Pocket Reference (Spiral-bound)
I bought this book for over $50 thinking I was getting the desk reference... it was my own fault... I misread the info. You can buy this book at abundanthealth4u dot com for $25! Much cheaper. But it is an awesome product!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, July 12, 2013
This review is from: Essential Oils Pocket Reference (Spiral-bound)
I only gave it a 4 star, because allot of the info I don't use because it contains lots of info about Young Livings blends that I don't use. Handy reference otherwise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Deceptive Seller, July 18, 2012
mers (Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essential Oils Pocket Reference (Spiral-bound)
This book was recommended to me by a good friend, and it has not disappointed. It arrived New, in excellent condition, on time. The book itself would get five stars from me. I was slightly surprised by the small size (they really mean 'pocket reference'!, but quickly discovered how useful and diverse the content is.
Now, the seller. Sadly, this seller is one of those who offer an item at a decent or low price, low shipping, etc. It arrives, and with it...cheap looking ads for other products, services, etc. I have no idea if there are any rules about this practice at amazon, and don't really care. The problem with advertising by selling one product and then privately advertising others is that it is very misleading. The person did not even list their company, or 'seller' name on the envelope the book came in. I almost did not open the package because it didn't say anything about sold on amazon, shipped from this seller, etc. Just an unfamiliar person's name and address. I finally realized it might be the book I was waiting for and opened it. Now, whatever you think of the Young Living company, they do NOT condone such cheap, shoddy misleading advertising. This person included a poorly written, 1 million times photocopied, two printed sides advert on '101 uses of essential oils starter kit', or words to that effect. THEN, they list an 'enroller/sponsor number' and only then list Young Living's website. They again list their sponsor number, give instructions on how to use the YL website, thus implying THEY or their number are the only way to order! Not once do they state that they are an 'Independent Distributor', which ALL YL distributors are REQUIRED to do. They do not advise you that there are many people who sell these products, or that the oils are YL's proprietary products, not products made and sold by this person who is advertising. And they, of course, do not mention that if you order, using the sponsor number they give you, THEY will get a bonus as your 'sponsor'!!! It's very misleading. Perhaps this person thinks they're on the right side of the thin line between confusing advertising and deceptive advertising, but I do not believe this to be the case. It reflects poorly upon the company, doesn't give YL credit for their trademarks, name, etc., attempts to con you into signing up under a stranger without giving all the details, and tries to convince you to let them 'help guide you through the website'. I would never order from this person/seller again. They don't mention their amazon seller name at all in the two pages of adverts, but they do list two other names, one for ebay, one for gmail. Both are different from the one on amazon. Why this person thinks this sort of shoddy, lazy advertizing will work is beyond me, but not all buyers are as savvy as those like me, who carefully research everything before buying. Had I known this particular seller was trying to sell their own agenda, I would have chosen a more expensive, but reputable seller here on amazon. Again, the book is great, the information valuable, but the practices of the seller just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Essential Oils Pocket Reference
Essential Oils Pocket Reference by Gary Young (Spiral-bound - 2011)
Used & New from: $25.50