- File Size: 431685 KB
- Print Length: 704 pages
- Publisher: Rux Martin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; Har/DVD edition (November 6, 2012)
- Publication Date: December 11, 2012
- Sold by: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Language: English
- ASIN: B009N08ONS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #185,904 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
This price was set by the publisher
Essential Pepin Desserts: 160 All-Time Favorites from My Life in Food Kindle Edition with Audio/Video
|Length: 704 pages||Word Wise: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
- Due to large size of this book, please connect your device to WiFi to download.
- Kindle Edition with Audio/Video: Audio/Video content is available on Fire tablets (except Kindle Fire 1st Generation) and iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I noticed that the publisher has included the same preview for this Kindle "just desserts" volume of Essential Pepin Desserts: 160 All-Time Favorites from My Life in Food as is available for the entire volume, almost none of which applies to this Desserts Only book, so let me give you a run-down of what you'll find.
First, do be aware that this is an interactive book which includes 13 of Pepin's marvelous videos (these come on a separate CD with the print version) that have been wonderfully interfaced in the text where appropriate, but these will not be accessible unless you are using a Kindle Fire, an iPad or perhaps other tablet app. The Mac version of the Kindle app does not support the video content. Otherwise, the book is essentially the same design as the paper version.Read more ›
Recommended for anyone particularly interested in desserts. For others, his Jacques Pepin Complete New Techniques might be a better choice. I think it has most, if not all, of what's in here. And it does have the 700+ pages the publisher says, while the desserts book does not.
In fact, the Kindle Edition is supposed to have videos and be compatible with iPad, but none of the videos worked for me. Have to return the book, but it's sill a 5-star book!
What really makes this book stand out are the techniques and videos. I find them very helpful, and had no issues playing them on my Kindle Fire HD.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
All of his recipes are very delicious as well as not overly complicated & uses healthy ingredients.Published 17 months ago by PAULA VARGEM
this is the first kindle book i have considered for which i have not been able to get a sample. i have learned through experience not to buy without sampling.Published on January 19, 2014 by tbyg
great recipes. easy to follow and does not require a lot of complicated equipment or techniques. Recipes are easy to adjust to your own likes and stylePublished on August 10, 2013 by Frank Huber
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Cooking Education & Reference > Reference
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Cooking Methods
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Desserts
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Entertaining & Holidays
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > European > French
- Books > Reference > Encyclopedias & Subject Guides > Cooking
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Baking > Desserts
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Culinary Arts & Techniques
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Meals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > European > French
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Occasions