Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

78%
22%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 16, 2013
It sounds like the traditional jazz I imagine the original music sounded like and the variation in in pieces keeps you interested right the way through the album. Some of the well known tunes are given a different treatment, making them fresh again. Reminds me of a band I listened to a long time ago, the Ken Colyer Omega Brass Band from the UK
on September 10, 2012
This is some of the BEST Jazz you will hear anywhere. They stick to Tradition and it sounds to me like they play like they actually feel the music.
on May 5, 2015
I didn't purchase this CD from Amazon but when we were in Las Vegas, NV a few years ago we went to see Pete Fountain and this band also played that evening. It was one GREAT Evening. I am still playing The Essential CD Preservation Hall Jazz Band - New Orleans.

If you purchase this CD, and you love JAZZ, you will love this.
Don't think twice, purchase it.
on February 14, 2009
This was a gift for my trombone-playing son who had the vinyl version years ago. He loves it! Great music by great musicians!
on July 26, 2012
This CD is great! I enjoy listening to it every time that I play it. A great sample of this talented band that is an icon of New Orleans.
on September 12, 2013
This CD is very good and brings memories of my visit to NOLA and the Persevation Hall Jazz Band. It is really a great experience to be there, and this is the way to "take you there"
on April 13, 2013
If you love traditional Dixieland jazz, this is a must-have album. It includes some traditional favorites and a few lesser-know tunes, all performed with virtuousity.
on April 17, 2013
As expected the music is terrific and a clear confirmation of the fact that this group's music should be preserved.
on January 15, 2013
NICE MUSIC I USED IT FOR A MARTI GRA PARTY WE ALL ENJOYED THE MUSIC GAVE THE PARTY REALISM I WOULD RECOMMEND IT
on January 13, 2014
Same as above answer. Recipient is a huge fan so of course he liked this one also . Can't say much more.