- Series: Essential World Atlas
- Paperback: 264 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 5 edition (November 6, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0195373863
- ISBN-13: 978-0195373868
- Product Dimensions: 12.1 x 0.7 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,953,800 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Essential World Atlas 5th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Top Customer Reviews
1) great clear and easy to read graphics. Mountains and plains are immediate to the eye, rivers are easy to follow and clearly named. Towns and cities are evident but do not obscure the geography. Not too many nor too few names on maps. Very well readable
2) Each page has a complete geographic area. The bigger version of this Atlas, called Oxford World Atlas and priced 3 times more, has bigger maps but fractions countries like England, Spain etc in a way that the reader cannot get the overall picture in his geographic mind. If you want that kind of detail you better go on google maps.
3) Not confusing. It is not burdened by color photos of people and landscapes on each page like other Atlases are that mix maps with photos with a result that is more suitable for a travel magazine.
4) It has a few air photos and (too) many detailed city maps.
5) Decent price and small enough size to be portable and storable easy.
A very well balanced item, indeed. Only fault: it lacks the wonderful Ocean floor maps that constitute 3/4 of our earth!!