5.0 out of 5 stars Product Review
The text was in better than new condition and very informative. I would recommend this text to anyone entering the healthcare administration or management disciplines.
Published 15 months ago by Antonial L.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dumb book - Use it for kindling
Published 8 months ago by Ann Onimous

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Dumb book - Use it for kindling, December 11, 2013
Ann Onimous (Collegedale, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essentials Of Health Care Finance (Paperback)
Huh? How did this loser book get such good reviews. It is clumsy. And for those you who are, like myself, professors, just know that this thing is toxic. You'll get to create all of your own homework questions. There are homework questions at the end of each chapter, but - surprise - students couldn't do all of them from the narrative in the chapters. They'd have to make things up by themselves. Maybe that's why the text includes answers to the questions on the next page. Yes, you read that right. The "homework" is already answered in the text itself, so of course assigning the questions is out of the question.

Give this thing a kick for me when you see it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product Review, May 28, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and as described, October 30, 2012
This review is from: Essentials Of Health Care Finance (Paperback)
Shipped on time and book was as described. Very helpful in class. I recommend this product, but would be helpful to have a book with case studies along with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Delivery, Great Quality, February 12, 2012
This review is from: Essentials Of Health Care Finance (Paperback)
Very fast delivery and the book was in really good shape. Book has a lot of valuable information in it and makes healthcare finance easy to understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Covers a Broad Range of Topics, September 12, 2011
This review is from: Essentials Of Health Care Finance (Paperback)
I must say I was quite impressed with the range of topics this book covers. It may not be an entry level finance book, but I highly recommend this book for financial analysts in the health care industry. A lot of the topics in the book are relevant to what I do at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to analyze financial position, develop plans, use variance analysis in budgets, and more, January 20, 2011
This review is from: Essentials Of Health Care Finance (Paperback)
The collaborative effort of William O. Cleverley, Paula H. Song, and James O. Cleverley, "Essentials of Health Care Finance" appears in its seventh updated edition to provide health management students and executives with insights on financial decision-making in health care. From theory to its application under a range of conditions, this covers skilled nursing facilities, surgical centers, and private practices alike, with chapters showing how to analyze financial position, develop plans, use variance analysis in budgets, and more.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, June 25, 2014
This review is from: Essentials Of Health Care Finance (Paperback)
The text is in good shape. The shipping was timely and the price was right. I plan to purchase some more books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Health Care Finance Review, May 31, 2014
This review is from: Essentials Of Health Care Finance (Paperback)
Initially,I was impressed with the condition of the textbook; but unfortunately after a couple of weeks, the binding of the text started to unravel. Not sure if this status quo for today's manufacturing process, but certainly disheartening considering that I paid close to retail price. I've decided that in the future, I will either rent or purchase used. Just for the record, I am a lover of books and am careful in my handling. Aside from that particular issue the experience with Amazon books.com has been good. This is not my first purchase and it will not be my last.

2.0 out of 5 stars It was okay.., April 13, 2014
This review is from: Essentials Of Health Care Finance (Paperback)
I didn't really like health care fiance, but the book is helpful when doing any of the math questions I would have on my exams since it describes how to do each math problem with the appropriate formula.

1.0 out of 5 stars Are the 5 star reviews from the authors' relatives or something?, March 19, 2014
This review is from: Essentials Of Health Care Finance (Paperback)
This is probably the worst financial textbook I've ever had the misfortune to be assigned. I'm a straight A, 4.0 student with degrees in both the Korean language and foreign business, and yet, this book managed to confuse me even on issues I'm intimately familiar with. Not only is the language clumsy, the organization is poor, and much of the information regarding Medicare and Medicaid is no longer relevant. About halfway through the semester, my Financial Concepts in Healthcare Management Professor threw his hands up in despair over our poor grades and complaints that we had to look to outside sources to answer fully half of the testbank questions and began creating all his own questions for our homework. By the end of the semester, he had discarded the textbook entirely and relied solely on lectures and used questions and quizzes based off of those to gauge our understanding of the subject. Take my advice, if your class lists this text as required- find another class that uses a better text!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Essentials Of Health Care Finance
Essentials Of Health Care Finance by Paula H. Song (Paperback - September 15, 2010)
$150.95 $105.84
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies