4.0 out of 5 stars Good book
Published on July 14, 2011 by Dillionjs

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy ebook
I purchased ebook thinking it would be easier to read here and there on my various electronic devices. Problem Is my prof assigns by page number and skips around , for example "read pages 78-99, pg 103 then 110-114". The ebook does NOT have page numbers. So now I have to buy the paper back version as well- I've now spent close to $200 on a book that should have cost $92.
Published 15 months ago by BG

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, July 14, 2011
This review is from: Essentials of Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States (Paperback)
This book encompasses a very in-depth and comprehensive view of pathology and its related intricate physiology. The author went length providing readers with the most essential and updated information without overwhelming students with redundant, unnecessary details. The book arrived in mint condition, intact CD-room, and access code to online resources. Illustrations are decent, and all of these sources cited in bibliography in the end of each chapter are valid and reliable. This is an excellent book recommended for pre-med, pre-pharm, and nursing students to enhance the vast knowledge of disease process with sturdy foundation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and thorough for the Advanced Nurse, December 24, 2010
This text was absolutely comprehensive and completely thorough in every area of pathophysiology within the human body. This is a must for every nurse who is serious about understanding disease processes in the clinical setting, within the scope of nursing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy ebook, August 23, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Page numbers?, February 3, 2013
I would give it 5 stars if there were page numbers.
I bought the kindle version, and I love the convenience of being able to have this book with me without the weight of the actual book. My professor does occasionally give short assignments from the book, and he uses the page numbers. I just really wish this version had page numbers.

1.0 out of 5 stars No page numbers, May 22, 2013
The book itself is very easy to understand. It is a good textbook. There are no page numbers in the kindle version which makes the electric version worthless. Kindle loses so much money just because they refuse to insert page numbers in MOST of their textbooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grrrrreat!!, May 17, 2013
Jessie Fuller (POCATELLO, IDAHO, US) - See all my reviews
Obviously this isn't a book I would buy for some "light reading". It was a required text for my Pathophysiology class, and Amazon had it priced right!! Brand new, included CD and other materials, couldn't have asked for more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pathophysiology, March 28, 2013
This book was an easy read with very helpful graphics. I would change one thing about the book which would be to provide more practice questions at the end of each chapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, August 27, 2011
Great book with detailed pictures and descriptions of pathologic condiditons, sequalae, etc, etc etc. I am only writing more because amazon wants me to

5.0 out of 5 stars Learned so much from this book!, December 5, 2012
I love this book, I took this course 2 semesters ago, and I still utilize this book. It is great for sourcing rationales, and brushing up on content.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rented this book, September 4, 2012
I rented this book because I did not want to pay $200 to buy it from our school. I was tight on money so I turned to the amazing Amazon.com. They had the book for $45 bucks to rent, I got it the following day. It is in decent condition, but there are some markings throughout the book. Expected it since it is a rented book. However, the book has been amazing help so far in class and if you wanted to brush up or just learn things on your own I would recommend this book. It is meant more for class, but I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it if I would have bought it.

Essentials of Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States
Essentials of Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States by Carol Porth (Paperback - October 15, 2010)
$115.99 $102.50