5.0 out of 5 stars The book is great. I LOVE MySocLab
Published 4 months ago by Brandie D.

3.0 out of 5 stars idk
The book was excellent but MySocLab Sucked. Couldn't use it at all. And the whole thing was way too expensive for a rental. Won't ever do that again. Also, I returned this book like two weeks ago and its status isn't showing up as such. Other than that I am loving my student prime account. Thank you.
Published 21 months ago by shawn alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars The book is great. I LOVE MySocLab, November 5, 2014
The book is great. I LOVE MySocLab. My professor pulls a lot of his questions directly from the things you learn on that site. It's very helpful and provides flashcards for terminology and exams. I have honestly learned a lot about cultures and society in general, which helps broaden your views on a lot of things that you might have been close minded about. Some of the views are super liberal, but if you have a strong foundation and a grounded personal belief system, you won't be swayed. I like the loose-leaf book because it was perfect for a binder and seems less bulky. All in all, great book!

3.0 out of 5 stars idk, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Essentials of Sociology: A Down-to-Earth Approach Plus NEW MySocLab with eText -- Access Card Package (10th Edition) (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Shipping times not accurate!, September 2, 2014
I bought this book used for my sociology class. Condition was better than I expected and it looked almost brand new. I gave it a low rating because I selected two day shipping but It didn't arrive for over a week. I missed out on my first assignment because of this and am already behind in the class

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book! A lot of left-wing opinion, July 4, 2014
Fast shipping. Very good book! A lot of left-wing opinion, but very informative and extremely well written. I definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting and straight forward, October 18, 2012
im taking sociology this semester at ODU and this book is quite interesting and very straight forward. I especially love the My Soc Lab online access that comes with the book (as long as you buy it new). Truthfully I dont study like i probably should with my class, but I have gotten A's on all of my exams. This text just lays the information out so well its easy to understand and apply the knowledge.

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended, October 8, 2014
very good condition

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 15, 2014
Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful condition and love the trade in part, January 10, 2013
got this with in a week of buying it , exactly the book my son needed and not nearly as high as the book store.ave sent some back for trade in but not this one yet, can't find the CD that came with it, I think my son discarded it, since it can only be used to activate the class, he didn't know to keep it, so I may not be able to get anything from this, our fault not the sellers

1.0 out of 5 stars What a great paper weight, May 5, 2013
What a load of rubbish! Henslin spends a great deal of time presenting a number of his opinions as facts, and so did my professor. I even contacted the author via the information provided in the text to ask him about his sources since some of the data and facts he presented did not add up. This was two months ago, and all I received was a "Thank you for contacting blah blah blah." Sociology should be a subject that offers a great deal of discussion and debate. Yet I did not find this text all that interesting or helpful for my course since the discussion and debate presented in the book were very one-sided.

This book and the My Soc Lab access code were required for my class; I never once used the My Soc Lab. (Yes, I did mention this in my university's course review.) I would have liked to purchase the textbook new WITHOUT the access code since it was of no use to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Knife, February 25, 2014
I've had plenty of knives, and I would say that this one was one of the better ones. The blade doesn't come loose, even after a year of use. It is plenty sharp, and holds up through some tough stuff.
Overall a good knife.