5.0 out of 5 stars The Right Filter For Essick MA0800 Humidifier!
Published 11 months ago by Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but not the right size
This filter is hard to find, as the other reviewers state. It does not come ring shaped. Rather, it is shipped flat, with a couple of folds. You have to reshape it to fit in the humidifier.
Published on March 27, 2011 by Akko

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but not the right size, March 27, 2011
Akko (Syracuse, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essick Air MAF2 Replacement Wicking Humidifier Filter (Tools & Home Improvement)
Also, it is a tad small. You cannot form a complete ring with it. That probably reduces the dust reduction factor of the humidifier, which is one of advertised factors in the listing ("virtually eliminates dust").

However, since the original filter that came with the humidifier was a perfect ring of the perfect size, the customer is being short changed with this product. There seems to be no alternative to it, however.

Update: I recently (Mar 24) purchased two MAF-2 Essick Filters at homedepot.com less expensive and exactly the right shape and size. Fit easily into the humidifier just like the original one. So, I would say, get this only if the homedepot one isn't available.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Right Filter For Essick MA0800 Humidifier!, January 21, 2014
Dan "DW" (Cedar Rapids, IA) - See all my reviews
We purchased this filter to replace a universal filter in our mothers Essick MA0800 Humidifier. The old universal filter that was bought for her at Lowes had a light fabric type outer wrap & she had to cut it & piece it together to mark it fit. This old filter was terrible, her humidifier would run for days without using up any water. The worst part was that it developed mold on the bottom edges & she & her daughter had been having recurring illness. It also was the cause of her apartment smelling like a locker room (in her words). We installed this filter in her humidifier after cleaning it with Peroxide & also bought her some bacteriostat to add to the water. The humidifier is happy again & working like new again. Be careful when substituting the original filter with a universal filter, if the universal filter has a fabric outer lining watch your humidifier carefully. She thought she was going to need a new humidifier, but now she is very happy. The original filter is a Essick MAF2 and is round in shape out of the box, not flat.

2.0 out of 5 stars Price Is Truly Obnoxious, December 19, 2011
El Guapo (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
I love my Essick Air humidifier, but am seriously displeased with the absurd price for these filters. The margins on something like this must be in the stratosphere. Also, I am beginning to question the design of the humidifier itself. It is impossible, especially given the use of water decontaminant, that the impurities that clog the filter simply materialize like magic in the water. They come from the room atmosphere itself. The degree to which the MA0800 is exposed is unnecessarily high and causes additional impurities to be pulled in by the inspiration of the fan, clogging the filter (which is not high enough to prevent these same impurities from being kicked right back out into the air) to just collect filth faster, leading it to clog and prevent the humidifier to function effectively.

The box indicates that the filter should be changed "once per season." This is nonsense. The first filter clogged to the point of basically rendering the humidifier totally ineffective after only a month. It worked flawlessly again as soon as the filter was replaced, but I'm pretty dismayed at having to order more of these things after such a short time. There is nothing extraordinary about the room I've got this thing in, nor is the water I'm using (purified tap) particularly hard. Within a few months, I will easily spend more on filters than I did on the humidifier itself. Pretty ridiculous and annoying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get nowadays, March 23, 2011
Unfortunately, I can;t get the filter in the local stores any longer. However, this buy was essentially fair priced, and filter works as usual. I like the humidifier, so I like this filter to help me keeping it running.

2.0 out of 5 stars Filter Quality and Prices, March 24, 2012
Light God (Broken Arrow, OK USA) - See all my reviews
If you want your humidifier filters to last longer, then use filtered water and an additive to the water to prevent bacteria, as well as mineral build up. We use Golden Solution Combination by Vista Solutions. And if you want to pay a much cheaper price for these filters, go to Lowe's and look for IDYLIS Universal filters. They are currently $8.98 each. We have an Essick Moist Air Humidifier model 12010, and these filters fit fine, though they are boxed flat and have to be shaped...

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you!, January 1, 2014
Fantastic!! This is a great product, I will continue to use it!! I'm a loyal customer for life. Thank you!

2.0 out of 5 stars Smelled bad first 48 hours so I break it in in unused room., June 15, 2012
Amazon Customer (Denver, Colorado) - See all my reviews
I've bought several of these, and they work, gradually collecting hard water minerals until they don't work any more, after a couple of weeks (depending on your water). The only complaint is they always smell bad when I first use them, so I break them in in a small closed off room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit Wick, November 22, 2014
These are very hard to find in the stores. I bought this machine several years ago at the local Giganto Hardware Store. They carry some off the wall replacement that you have to custom cut and it costs even more than I paid for this one. I opened the box and inserted the Wick which fit perfect right out of the box. These are the best wicks and last all season at my house. I will never buy another replacement off brand wick again. Thanks Amazon, my wife's sinuses thank you as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be careful and order the correct filter, November 11, 2014
Perfect fit for my humidifier. Be careful about the Lowes and Home Depot replacements. The length isn't exactly the right length. Always buy the Essick replacement. Lowes offered to order an off brand replacement but it was $24 and would need some trimming. (Plus up to a week to receive). Amazon had a fair price and it was delivered in 2 days for free. In my opinion a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars humidifier filter, June 24, 2014
Ridiculous to review above but this is adequate except
one needs to buy a new one almost every two months.
Nonetheless, it does the job.

Essick Air MAF2 Replacement Wicking Humidifier Filter