Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Estimate delivery date 09/18/2013 through UPS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 81 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 16, 2013 8:36:37 AM PDT
I pre ordered this on August 30. I'm a prime member of Amazon so I should get this game on the release date. They just shipped my game and I checked the delivery date, It says 09/18/2013. I was just wandering if everyone has the same issue or it's just me?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 9:19:49 AM PDT
Buyer says:
It looks like a few other people are having this issue as well, despite being prime members and using 2 day shipping. My bf had the same issue, and he ended up having to pay for one day shipping in order to get it tomorrow. Since they (Amazon) are shipping today, those who used 2 day shipping, aren't likely to get it until Wednesday 9/18/13. This is only based on what I read and my bf's experience.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 9:20:30 AM PDT
Mike says:
You should get it the 17th but mine says 17th. Hopefully you get it on the 17th. I bet you been waitin too long. I kno I have been waiting like 2years or more!!! Tonight is going to drag!!! Can't wait!!!!

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 9:23:55 AM PDT
shalom says:
Yea sometimes they pull crap like that. One time I preordered a game and the page said 'select 2 day shipping to get it on release day'. Then close to the release the page changed to 'select 1 day shipping'; I contacted them and they refused to honor what it said previously. Conclusion I had to pay more to get it on day 1.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 9:32:48 AM PDT
W. Long says:
With my own recent experiences I have been wondering about Amazon's shipping lately.

Last month I ordered an internal hard drive and a few other things. Spent $80 on my order. Took Amazon a week to ship it out.

Months ago I preordered 2 items. From Up On Poppy Hill Bluray and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD. The movie came out on the 3rd, the game came out on the 10th this month. Amazon didn't ship out the movie till the 11th, and packed it in with the game. It shouldn't have taken Amazon a week to ship out the movie.

I'm just hoping they don't pull some crazy BS with GTA5. I'd like to get it tomorrow.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 9:58:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2013 9:59:00 AM PDT
Buyer says:
Rockstar requested that no retailer start shipping the game until today, 9/16/13. That's why people that are prime members and used 2 day shipping are seeing delivery dates of 9/18/13 instead of 9/17/13. Because Amazon isn't shipping until today, per the request of Rockstar and 2 day shipping would put delivery on 9/18. You had to actually pay for one day shipping to get it tomorrow. Amazon should have made everyone aware of this instead of it being a surprise, as it was to my boyfriend when he logged into his account and saw that his delivery date had changed.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 10:07:44 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 16, 2013 10:54:39 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 10:09:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2013 10:17:50 AM PDT
Yeah, I preordered back in July, and I had release date delivery (even have an email from amazon stating just that), and yet my game says it won't be here till Wednesday too.

Also, what Buyer said really isn't an excuse. They never ship my preorders till Monday morning, and I have always gotten them on Tuesday (partly because I live so close to several of the shipping centers). I've had games that didn't get shipped till about noon on Monday, and still had them at a decent time on Tuesday. Also, in the past, whenever something wasn't going to make it on time with 2 day shipping, and I had release date delivery, I've always been upgraded to next day / overnight shipping free of charge. Yet, for some reason the package they shipped at 3am this morning isn't going to make it to me on time for once...

Really pisses me off, considering I nearly killed myself with work all weekend to make sure that I would have plenty of time this week to play (and beat) it, and now it looks like I will miss out on 10+ hours I could have been playing it by time I will get it. And with class and work, 10 hours lost might mean I don't get to beat it this week, and my next couple weeks are really busy, so I won't have much time, if any, to play it during them. :(

Edit: Actually, I just realized that the email amazon sent me this morning when it shipped even says "Your guaranteed delivery date is: Tuesday, September 17, 2013." Yet UPS is saying the 18th.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 10:16:27 AM PDT
Buyer says:
It may not be an excuse, but it is what it is. I was only giving the likely reason for the 9/18/13 delivery date. Amazon should have at least made those who were expecting the game on 9/17 aware that they may not get it until 9/18. Amazon is just following the rules. Rockstar made this request last week, LONG after MANY people have pre-ordered as early as last year. The beef is with them...

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 10:17:36 AM PDT
Mark Mc says:
I was just told by an Amazon rep the following:
"Went through the order and a research which determines that we didn't have enough availability to cover all the orders on the release date, therefore we needed an extra 2 days on a few orders so we can deliver the items. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience as I know this is like the most expected game in the year."
So my delivery date is showing the 19th, and they upgraded shipping to one-day so mine ships on Wend. They gave a $20 credit to make up for it..... I'm just going back to brick and mortar stores for new releases. I took off Friday to play anyways, glad I didn't ask for Thursday too.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 10:19:23 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 17, 2013 12:49:17 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 10:26:19 AM PDT
Yeah, WOLLSTONECRAFT, it will totally ruin my life...

Oh, wait, no it won't! But that doesn't mean it doesn't piss me off, or that I don't have a right to be mad that I was sold a false guarantee.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 10:27:46 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 17, 2013 12:48:17 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 10:35:55 AM PDT
This discussion always comes up when a game with release day shipping gets released. The UPS says a certain date but there is still a guarantee by UPS to Amazon to deliver it on a certain date. You'll be fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 10:37:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2013 10:38:04 AM PDT
Buyer says:
....and they just realized this a day before they are to start shipping the game??? I call bs (not to you, but amazon), but okay. Guess they gotta come up with something.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 10:42:32 AM PDT
@Joseph

I really hope that's the case; however, in my experience, my shipping on UPS has always said the correct date.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 10:44:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2013 10:45:53 AM PDT
Buyer says:
Well that leaves me to wonder, if UPS doesn't deliver on the guaranteed date given by Amazon, is there some kind of repercussion or something? Does UPS abide by those dates or do they just deliver by their own schedule?
Because if Amazon says the 17th but UPS says the 18th and that's when they deliver it, that may be UPS's fault. But maybe it's just a "placeholder date".

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 10:47:46 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 17, 2013 12:49:43 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 10:50:30 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 16, 2013 10:53:52 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 10:56:10 AM PDT
Geko says:
WOLLSTONECRAFT, Just stop posting. You're adding nothing to the disscusion, You're trolling, plain and simple. Go away

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 11:35:37 AM PDT
S. Patterson says:
I have prime and it still says 9/17 for me and I chose two-day shipping.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 11:44:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2013 11:45:05 AM PDT
Mark Mc says:
Well after an initial delivery date of the 19th, and even confirming that with Amazon customer service. I just got the notice it was shipped and will arrive tomorrow.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 12:02:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2013 12:03:28 PM PDT
A customer says:
Mines is saying the same on the ups website bt mines ship from 10 hours ago i preordered on saturday and selected one day shipping i contacted amazon they said the estimate hasent change and that its still schedule for the 17 so i guess the ups hasent updated anything as yet my package was in columbia CN and hasent updated ever since

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 12:13:20 PM PDT
When I bought The Last Of Us, it said it was going to arrive 2 days after the release date and it came on release day, around 10AM. I'm not a prime member and I used 'Standard Shipping'. I'm pretty sure you will get the game on time. :)

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 12:29:20 PM PDT
Don U. says:
I just checked the UPS tracking information page and the status changed from - Originally scheduled for delivery on Wednesday to Scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. In fact, the city the game ships from is only 250 miles from mine so I should get it on release day. Can't wait.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  36
Total posts:  81
Initial post:  Sep 16, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 3
Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 3 by Rockstar Games (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars (3,610)