Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

on December 23, 2013
This little device serves many uses, from secretly recording live conversations to recording the fun at a party. The sound quality is about the same as a decent portable cassette recorder (if you remember those). This records a WAV file at a data rate of 128K and a sample rate of 16K. (CD's are 44.1) While music may sound a little fuzzy, voices come out quite clear. This is one of the few USB recorders that has an AGC circuit to prevent distortion when the volume gets too loud. This alone will more than compensate for other units like this that have higher data rates but no AGC.

Ease of use can't be beat. Turn the switch on and it begins recording seven seconds later, indicated by a red, then a dull blue light well subdued within the mike hole. Turn the switch off and it stops recording. The only thing to make sure you do is wait for the light to go off before inserting this into the USB port. It needs a second or two to save the file when you turn it off.
33 comments|311 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2014
So I'm not a fan of the build quality, but otherwise I'm really happy with it.

It's so easy to use, it's obscene. Just a matter of flipping the switch, wait for the LED indicator to turn blue, and go. And the files were way too easy to access and open then I plugged it in via USB.
It's subtle, really subtle, and I was able to walk around my office all day, recording everything as it goes.
The mic is very sensitive - although I had it around my neck and it picked up every time it brushed against my tie, it still got people from as far as 5 or 6 yards away with no problem.
And as I said, I was able to use it all day, i.e. over 10 hours without a hitch, and it still had juice after it all.

All in all, no regrets in buying this
0Comment|169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2013
Good quality recordings. Format WAV. Only downfall is the 15 second wait before it starts recording when the switch is on.
0Comment|139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2013
The sound quality is not bad, the battery life is great, I can get 12~14 hours recorded time. Easy to download on laptop
11 comment|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2013
This is the best mini recorder around. You can have it in your pocket and it records..Excellent value and excellent device.
0Comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2013
This item works great and the clarity is awesome. To delete any previous recording you open the file on your desktop of your pc, highlight it, and simply delete the recording. There is also a reset hole that a very small straight pen will work to push in the reset inside. You just have to operate it more, get familiar with the features.
0Comment|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2013
Probably good in a smaller room, but did not work out very well in a large hall with poor acoustics.
on October 16, 2014
Will change to five stars as soon as it works properly. I use this to record my lectures at uni and it was recording in .WAV format for one and a half weeks and then all of the sudden it started to record in some other weird format that couldn't be opened by any sort of media player. I reformatted it and took a random recording and saw that it was recording in .WAV format again. Next day I used it for lecture and when I plugged the recorder into my computer I noticed that once again, it wasn't recording in .WAV, and instead recording in the other strange format I mentioned earlier. I have just done a reset on the product and I will be trying it out shortly. Hope this works, I don't want to send this one back to buy another one since this is relatively inexpensive compared to the others I saw.

UPDATE: I resetted the product once again after fully charging it and it WORKED... for one week... the audio format was back to .WAV and now it's back to an unreadable file. Hell, I don't think it's a file at all since there isn't an extension. All it says is REC001AV. I am extremely disappointed because I was recording information that I need. I am not sure if I will be willing to give this one last chance because if I do and it stops working again, I will no longer be able to return the product because 30 days have passed.
1515 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2014
Absolutely awesome product. Microphone is extremely sensitive, secure the item if you are carrying it, as it will pick up the rubbing of clothing against the USB stick. As another post indicated (and the reason I purchased)... this is a great item for things such as finding out if your child is being harassed by administration at school. This of course wouldn't be necessary for some children, but a child with aspergers cannot always relay what is really happening. If you do send it with your child make sure you research your states laws to see if it is single party consent... I'm not a lawyer, research & don't take my word!

I found when using this it is so sensitive I need to remove background noise at times (like the rubbing of a pocket)... I would suggest Audacity since it is free and has some great filters for noise reduction and normalization ([...])

Set the date per the instructions on the stick, it will make files about 256meg at a time (which makes it easier to work with sound software also)... a full 8 hour school day made 2.5 files, which left over 7gig more for recording! I just ordered a second one for other situations... really really like this product. (and no, check my other reviews, I'm not a company spammer like some posts on Amazon these days)
44 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2015
This thing is great. It picks up the conversations between myself and my employees in the warehouse. When i have to speak with someone one on one its a great tool incase they try to lie. I forgot it at home the first day and left it on. The next day i listened to what was recorded. To my unsettling surprise i herd my father in law not treating my children very well. When I spoke with my wife, she was also livid mad. She confronted her parents about what we herd. They tried to deny it but once she told them i recorded everything , they then tried to make excuses. I use this everyday at work. Its great for meetings, not noticeable 90% of the time. Thete is a blue light that you can see if its hanging on the outside of your clothing if its around your neck. Besides that, i love it. I bought 1 more as a back up since my wife has quit her job and ensure our kids are looked after properly. If we get a baby sitter. . . you know ill be leaving it at home! Will record 4 hour at a time then start a new recording. When i end my shift it has recorded over 10 hours. I just plug it into my computer, download the files, rename them for the date and then erase it.