4.0 out of 5 stars Ethics and Issues -Book for Class
I got the book for my BSN class. It has some very good explanations of legal, ethical, and moral issues that we deal with everyday in the Nursing Profession. It gives good definitions of terms and gives good examples to clarify. We have had some indepth discussions re: issues that we have been covering in class from the book. Good educational material for our Ethics class.
Published on May 31, 2010 by Deb

3.0 out of 5 stars Required Text
This was a required text book for my program. It reads alright. Nothing spectacularly awesome or anything... it is an ethics book after all! ;)
Published 11 months ago by sms7412

4.0 out of 5 stars Ethics and Issues -Book for Class, May 31, 2010
Deb (Virginia) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars ethics in nursing care, February 16, 2008
This review is from: Ethics and Issues in Contemporary Nursing (Paperback)
I have had to read real snoozers while in graduate school. This is one of the most engaging textbooks so far. It is not as dry as you would expect. The questions and cases that are presented really make you think about your practice in helpful and meaningful ways.

4.0 out of 5 stars It got the job done..., October 18, 2007
This review is from: Ethics and Issues in Contemporary Nursing (Paperback)
This book was a required book for a class.

It was easy to read and did a fairly adequate job of explaining concepts and theories, and had many "what would you do?" types of case studies.

I would have enjoyed those case studies more if there had been more follow-up of what did happen in the case studies in question, or more explanation of why the actions taken were taken; rather than being fodder for more thought, they could have been more educational.

All in all, I can think of no better praise for a textbook than "It got me through the class, so it got its job done".

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, December 22, 2012
This review is from: Ethics and Issues in Contemporary Nursing (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book for anyone that deals with ethics as their primary position in any company. I enjoyed reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ethics & Issues, January 31, 2012
This review is from: Ethics and Issues in Contemporary Nursing (Paperback)
More than adequate resource as required reading for university course with good references for more indepth study. Ties in well with current events and dilemmas in nursing practice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent coverage of important topics; interesting., July 18, 2010
This review is from: Ethics and Issues in Contemporary Nursing (Paperback)
Though this book was purchased for a required course, I found it very interesting reading. The ethical issues were extremely relevant to healthcare today and the book showed many sides to the issues discussed. This book (or one like it) is a must for anybody who may delve into the murky ethics surrounding healthcare in their profession.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful book for future Nurses, July 28, 2010
This review is from: Ethics and Issues in Contemporary Nursing (Paperback)
I used this book in an ethics class for nursing. It was very useful and provided lots of great examples to help me understand the ethical part of nursing. It made me a wiser student. Got me an A+ in the class too ;D

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of book, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Ethics and Issues in Contemporary Nursing (Paperback)
The item was really good. There wasn't any issues with the book. The book came in handy for my nursing class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Meat, April 15, 2014
This review is from: Ethics and Issues in Contemporary Nursing (Paperback)
Good content, clearly worded and nice descriptions throughout. Used often for referencing, will keep on desk. Would purchase again and I"m quite picky. Well done!

3.0 out of 5 stars Required Text, December 30, 2013

Ethics and Issues in Contemporary Nursing
Ethics and Issues in Contemporary Nursing by Margaret A. Burkhardt (Paperback - August 8, 2007)
$158.95 $111.09