4.0 out of 5 stars Actually Impressed
As a Computer Science student, I was actually impressed by this book. Admittedly, my expectations were low, but Dr. Quinn did a relatively good job of covering both the ethical and technical aspects of a variety of relevant topics.

Published on June 24, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't used yet.
I haven't used this book yet but amazon is pressuring me to review it. The book is in acceptable condition. Based on not yet using the book, I can only give it an average rating of 3 stars. Now quit bothering me to review things, Amazon!
Published 12 months ago by Pat DeGeest

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually Impressed, June 24, 2011
This review is from: Ethics for the Information Age (4th Edition) (Paperback)

The discussions of various ethical theories did a good job of relating the theories to relevant technical topics, but wasn't as skeptical as I would have liked. Arguments in favor of and against each theory are listed, but some obviously nonsensical points are given a free pass. A critical reader should have no trouble discerning these however, so they don't really detract from the book in my mind.

Most of the rest of the book is dedicated to a discussion of various ethical dilemas related to technology, and this portion of the book was really excellent. Dr. Quinn did a great job of selecting relevant historical situations and presenting them in a way that is both comprehensible and correct - a rare thing in texts of this sort.

Really the main thing that I felt detracted from this book was the illustrations. As others have noted, they are excessive and almost exclusively worthless. They're easy enough to ignore, but there are so many of them that I'm sure they added to the (slightly higher than I would expect) price. For this reason alone I'm deducting a single "star".

4.0 out of 5 stars A textbook--What can I say?, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Ethics for the Information Age (4th Edition) (Paperback)
It's a good textbook, but not the latest edition. In anything having to do with computers or the Internet, you really need the latest version, since tech, and issues surrounding tech, change so rapidly. I have already reviewed the Kindle version of the latest edition (5th).

5.0 out of 5 stars The most interesting textbook I have picked up in my university career, February 10, 2011
This review is from: Ethics for the Information Age (4th Edition) (Paperback)
I haven't finished the book, but the book is very readable. For once, I am actually looking forward to doing my readings for class as opposed to pushing my readings to the last minute. This book is definitely worth the buy.

For those looking for light reading, also look no further. This book also updates the reader on important technological events, something people should be aware of in our rapidly changing society.

4.0 out of 5 stars College Class, October 2, 2013
Tressa (VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ethics for the Information Age (4th Edition) (Paperback)
Great price much cheaper then getting it from the book store on campus. Would recommend for anyone looking to save money. This havd a wealth of information inside of the book. One of the few books I kept

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, August 8, 2013
This review is from: Ethics for the Information Age (4th Edition) (Paperback)
The book is better than I would have imagined, legible, and exactly what I was looking for at an affordable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Okay, October 24, 2012
This review is from: Ethics for the Information Age (4th Edition) (Paperback)
The book was full of details that gave alot of information as to what to do and what not to do in the computer industry. I couldn't seem to read more than a couple of chapters, partially because the teacher didn't really get too involved in the book. He had us do a couple of questions out of certain chapters but that is about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read., June 10, 2011
Surhance (Corona, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ethics for the Information Age (4th Edition) (Paperback)
For those debating on ethics in the workplace as well as their own personal life ought to read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, October 2, 2010
This review is from: Ethics for the Information Age (4th Edition) (Paperback)
This book was required for my Ethics class. I've read through quite a bit of it, and it really explains things well. There are many different scenarios that you can look through and test yourself to see how each framework would view a certain type of situation. It's a lot of fun!

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't used yet., August 17, 2013
This review is from: Ethics for the Information Age (4th Edition) (Paperback)

Ethics for the Information Age (4th Edition)
Ethics for the Information Age (4th Edition) by Michael J. Quinn (Paperback - January 29, 2010)
Used & New from: $1.90