|Item Weight||7 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5 x 2.2 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||NBOTU2000R|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Power Source Type||Battery|
|Number of Items||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.95 shipping
+ $1.47 shipping
Eton BoostTurbine 2000mAh Portable Backup Battery Pack with Hand Crank Back-Up Power (NBOTU2000R)
|Price:||$28.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$51.99 (65%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Backup battery pack with hand crank back-up power
- Great to take with you when you might not have access to power for recharging your devices
- 2000mAh lithium ion battery provides a full charge to most smart phones
- Hand turbine power generator to get power where there is none (maybe on a plane or camping)
- Lightweight and durable aluminum body
- 5V 1A USB output charges smartphones and other USB devices
- Press the button to illuminate LED battery charge indicator
- Micro-USB DC input for use with smart phone chargers (iPhone block, etc.), USB cable included
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Rechargeable USB Portable Backup Battery Pack
A portable power Boost wherever you go
Get a power boost! BoostTurbine2000 from Etón is a durable back-up battery with a hand turbine power generator that provides power when you need it most. For everyday or emergency use, BoostTurbine2000 enables you to charge your mobile device anytime, anywhere.
Fast and Efficient
Fast and efficient, in one minute the hand turbine power generator can produce enough power for about 4 minutes of talk time and a few critical texts. When fully charged, BoostTurbine2000 fully charges most smartphones twice.
BoostTurbine2000 is made of tough but lightweight aluminum and with its sleek and elegant design it's compact enough to fit in your pocket. BoostTurbine2000 features a Micro-USB DC input to use with most smartphone chargers and a high output (2.1A) USB port for charging most mobile devices, including tablets. Press button to see LED indicator of battery charge level. BoostTurbine2000 is completely self-contained and it's all you need for an on-the-go-power solution.
- Backup Battery pack with rechargeable 2000mAh lithium ion battery
- Hand turbine power generator
- Fully charges most smartphones two times when fully charged
- Lightweight and durable aluminum body
- USB output to charge smartphone or tablet
- LED battery charge indicator
- Micro-USB DC input for use with smart phone chargers (iPhone block, etc.)
Top Customer Reviews
It. Charged my iPhone 5 from 40% to about 90% then did it again. Now the internal battery is dead and I am cranking it to change it back up. 1-2 min of cranking boosts my phone 1%.
For emergency power its great. If you plan on hand cranking it, make your call and find an outlet.
I will update once I have used it more, I have had it for 36 hours so far. But my power went out today so its a good test.
I have used this from time to time over the last few months and it works reliably. I have tossed it into my lunch cooler and used several times at work to recharge my phone. The usb plug charges the device quickly. it works even faster if you use a non computer high wattage port! It holds its charge while not being used quite well, I had 70-80% after 3 weeks on non use.
Last year my first unit stopped working, I would plug it in and crank it with zero response. I contacted the MFG customer service and they replaced the unit and paid for shipping! I think that this unit does not handle getting left in the car on hot or cold days well. the replacement unit has worked great for 8+ months now. The unit is rugged, I toss it in my electronics accessory bag and it bounces around with the spare cords, power bricks and is always ready for a quick charge anytime I need it.
In addition to the emergency aspect, we recently used this on a trip to New York City, when we were out and about for almost 15 hours in one day, seeing the sights. I threw it in my bag (fully charged already) and we used it throughout the day to keep our iPhones topped off.
This is a really smart investment for anyone with cell phones, tablets, or other small devices which can be powered via USB. I imagine that this will be especially useful during the first few weeks of the zombie apocalypse, and that's the most critical time for survival. Totally worth the price.
I was trekking through the jungle on a regular basis, and it was actually tough to find an easily accessible sunny spot to use my solar panel from time to time. Hiking while cranking this thing is a breeze and within 15-20 minutes of charging you'll have a device that was on the verge of dying be ready to go for the rest of the day.
Protip #1: When cranking, don't keep going once your device hits 90% or so. The amount of time it takes to go from 20% to 90% is about the same amount of time it takes to go from 90% to 100%.
Protip #2: If your solar panel is working, plug this guy into it during the day so it charges as your solar panel battery does. Then you'll have two full batteries ready to charge anything you need (phone, steripen, etc.) at any time of day.
1. 2000mAh battery pack will charge most phones from 0% to 100% on one charge.
2. If you're out and about in the wilderness or in a post-apocalyptic scenario with zero electricity, then this is good.
3. Works like most portable battery packs.
1. The LED indicators only light up when you are charging the device, turning the crank, or when holding down the power button.
2. Charging a device that is completely dead is a guessing game, since you have no indicator that the Eton Boost Pack is actually outputting a charge to your device. The instructions simply state, "plug in your device and push the power button once". No visual or audible indicators to signal that it's on and charging. (different story for phones that are not dead since you can see the battery indicator change when the Eton Boost is working.)
3. Gear ratio for the crank is non-efficient. Cranking this thing for 1 minute will get you maybe 1% of battery life. (That's if you can last beyond 30 seconds.) The way it's built and the actual cranking motion does not make it the best for cranking away at the thing.
4. 1 amp output will mean you will be waiting a very long time for your device to fully charge.
You'll have 3 possibilities of trying to crank this thing to full power.
1. You build up a sweat and actually have a good arm workout from cranking
2. You are too weak to go on and your arms turn to jelly after 5 minutes with this thing
or 3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works very well. Can be charged both manually and via cord to a PC or Mac. The crank function is a great conversation piece when drinking with friends.Published 11 days ago by Michael Brytan
Second time used the connector for output snapped off the board just from normal plugging in- no force at all! Made the entire thing useless and unrepairable. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Amazon Customer
the only problem i have with this is that when i have to charge it it confuses me, when its charging for example its shows that its charging to 4 lights, then when i press the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Martin
It works...Sometimes...I went on a camping trip where there wouldn't be any way to charge my phone. I charge this before I left, got 2 days into my trip, plugged in my phone... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I like it but you have to charge it for a long time by crank, and it's hard to crank, but that makes sense.Published 2 months ago by Rob the Amazon man
I received this item today. It appears to be solidly built. However, it was also "very solidly packed". Read morePublished 2 months ago by OnlyMe