5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sound Isolation
Published on September 14, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Work great, comfortable, But they don't last very long
Published 12 months ago by Signalshifter

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sound Isolation, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Etymotic Research ER38-14F Foam Replacement Eartips - 10 Pack - Black (Electronics)
I live in a supremely noisy household and have to study. These are my best friend. I can't hear anything - not the tv, not the dog, not someone talking directly to me and right next to me, not the hair dryer, seriously not anything and I have amazing hearing (people joke I have superman hearing). If you need to block out noise to focus but don't want to kill your eardrums, these will be your best friend. And what's even better? When the music is changing and therefore those silent 2 seconds, I still don't hear anything. The only downside to this would be if someone was in my house burglarizing me. That's how good they are. And I tested 8 different brands in the range of $10-100. I cannot afford to go higher than $100. If you're looking for over that for amazing noise isolation, then that's a different story. For the price I paid, the etymonic in-ears were the best and these foam buds were the best out of all the ear pieces they provided.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rediscover sound, April 13, 2012
These are ridiculously effective. Comfy and cushioned it is a sound explosion paired with Etymotic earbuds. Definitely more comfortable than the flange tips, esp. for big ear canals! Gotta get back to my jams.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's good, May 24, 2013
I like it. Works well. Blocks out sound by filling the ears. Very comfortable. Best eartips available for these headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best isolation and comfort of all the included tips, June 6, 2012
My first pair of Etymotic hf5's arrived yesterday, and I can't believe what I've been missing all these years.

After trying the large, then small flange tips, and the other soft gray one with the mushroom cap head, I tried these, and WOW, they blow the others out of the water! I think the only reason you see Etymotic products pictured with the 3 flange tips, is because they look cool in their promotional material. I'm thinking of spending the extra on custom-fit tips, but these are so awesome that I might just hold off for awhile. You give them a little twist to compress them, insert them, then the memory foam expands and the outside world fades away, just like with foam ear plugs. They are made of the same type of foam as foam ear plugs, so I know they will get gnarly after awhile, so I'll be buying these. I'm wanting to try those custom-fit tips, though. For around $100, it would be worth it, as I love these hf5's.

3.0 out of 5 stars Work great, comfortable, But they don't last very long, December 14, 2013
I find these mushable foam ear tips comfortable, do a good job of isolating you from external sounds but the down side is they don't last very long. I wear my Ety's HF-3's all day a work and I listen at home a lot with my iPod Touch 5. I can only get a couple of weeks out of these foam ear tips before the foam part separates from the center rubber tube leaving the foam marshmallow in you ear. If you don't use your Ety's much fine but if you wear them all of the time like I do they just don't hold up. I would look at something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade your headphones!, November 15, 2013
E. Hedaya "eh270" (Tri-State area, USA) - See all my reviews
I prefer the foam tips over the silicone or rubber ones because they provide a much tighter fit and block out environmental noise almost completely. I use these daily on my train commute, and they make for a much cleaner listening experience. The only drawback is they can get kind of gunky after a month or two of use, but they're relatively inexpensive and easy to change out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you like this style of tip, May 3, 2013
These were purchased for my ER-6i set, now discontinued.

The foam style is the best for bass of the non-custom fitted style due to low leakage of sound/air. They also isolate more from noise.

You may or may not like this, but that is what is different about these. They also tend to wear out sooner than the typical plastic tips, so this package is nice, having ten in one package. Should keep you and your ears happy for quite a while regardless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 22, 2012
Richard Allen (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
When the ones that come with your earbuds get super gross, you buy these. You stick em in your ears and then you can't hear anything but your music. Hurray!

5.0 out of 5 stars these work really well for me, November 29, 2012
R. (New Haven, CT, United States) - See all my reviews
I originally got a set of Etymotics earbuds to use primarily as earplugs at my office - putting in actual earplugs seemed kind of passive-aggressive, whereas wearing headphones is pretty standard. I found the foam tips the most effective, but unfortunately they do wear out and get grungy rather quickly. I was happy to find a 10-pack of replacements at such a reasonable price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good product; doubtful deal, August 4, 2014
The product description is potentially misleading. I thought I was buying 10 pairs of tip covers -- it says "10 Pack" -- but only 5 pair (10 tips) arrived. The fact that my cost was more than what Etymotic charges on their website contributed to my interpretation that I was getting a volume discount by buying 10 pair instead of five. Not so. I was disappointed.