From the Manufacturer
Etymotic Research set out to create the world’s most accurate noise-isolating headset + earphones under $100 for the cost conscious consumer. The mc3s deliver on this promise and provide consumers with the “Best-in-Class” performance benefits for their money.
The MC3 features 3 band equalized audio performance for the world’s most accurate noise-isolating earphone. Click here to learn more.
MC Series “Best in Class” Performance Benefits
Best sound accuracy in its class
- 85%+ response accuracy
- Tight, accurate bass with crystal clear high-frequency detail at all listening levels
Best noise isolation
- 35 dB - 42 dB of noise isolation
- An assortment of noise-isolating ACCU•Fit™ eartip options provide proper sealing of the ear canal
Best communication and control
- Close-proximity high sensitivity microphone
- Made for Apple iPod®, iPhone® and iPad™ control functionality
Available in 4 different colors
The mc5 Noise Isolating In-Ear earphones are available in black, red, blue, and green.
MC3 accessories include mc3 earphones, zipper storage pouch, shirt clip, an assortment of eartips, filter removal tool and extra filters
Best style and fit
- High-gloss polished aluminum finish in 4 chromatic color options
- An assortment of noise-isolating ACCU•Fit eartips options to ensure proper seal and comfort
- CUSTOM•FIT option available
Best durability and warranty
- 2-year replacement warranty
- Kevlar®-reinforced cable for durability
- ACCU•Filter™ User-replaceable filters that protect the moving coil driver from ear wax
Selecting an Eartip
The eartip that is most comfortable is the likely choice, but it MUST SEAL well in your ear. If you can easily hear others when the volume is off, you don’t have a good seal. Twist it in deeper, or choose another eartip.
When changing eartips make sure the eartip fits securely on the stem of the earphone.
Important: Sound quality, full bass response and noise isolation all depend on a good eartip seal in the ear canal. View Earphone Insertion Video
- Carefully insert the earphone while pulling up and out on the back of the ear.
- Twist the earphone up into the ear canal while inserting, until outside noise is blocked out.
- 3-flange eartip: Moistening eases insertion.
- Foam eartip: Roll down or compress foam eartip before inserting. Hold the eartip in place for about 5 seconds while the foam expands to create a tight seal in the ear canal.
- Glider eartip: Simply push into ear canal.
Etymotic's mc-3 headset offers best-in-class sound accuracy, noise isolation, fit and comfort and durability. Based on the breakthrough Etymotic ACCU-Technology platform, the MC-Series is the world's most accurate-sounding noise-isolating earphone series in its price class. The patent-pending, highly advanced ACCU-Chamber Acoustic Control Chamber technology modifies standard dynamic earphone drivers to perform at an accuracy response level equal to products costing twice as much. In addition, the MC-Series earphones are designed to be more comfortable for extended wear, and their high degree of noise isolation enables lower-volume listening, to help protect hearing. The mc-3 provides a 3-button micro-control pod with a noise-isolating close-proximity microphone, for easy control and superb call clarity - making it ideal for voice communications, conducting voice recording and iTunres memos as well as listening to music, videos, and other entertainment. The MC-3 earphone and headset, which is forward-compatible with the latest Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch products includes Made for ipod, Made for iPhone and Made for iPad certifications.