Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 9, 2007
I am a guy, I don't look at creams or lotions much. When I got into the medical field though, I have had to order patients many different topical thing for dry skin etc. A basic is Eucerin cream. This year I finally picked up a tub of it to take care of my cracking hands. Washing hands and wearing glove in the hospital all day will kill the hands. This stuff absolutely works great. I use is about twice a week, but my hands are saved all week. One draw back is that it is very greasy, so if you plan to use it at night before you go to bed, you might get a pair of gloves to cover up the hands and save the pillow. I use it myself when I get home from work, and apply it lightly and it absorbs in (or washes off) slowly over the hours before bed. Check it out, hard to beat results.
on January 21, 2008
It was only after I read reviews on the web that I started to see Eucerin stocked in drugstores and at Kaiser, which makes a statement itself. The cream has worked for my elderly mother who had feet that had "cracked skin" but also I suspect it has been the Eucerin that has helped with a more recent problem with split nails (nails form ridges and thin with consequent splitting). Her geriatric doctor recommended a heavy cream for thinning skin and Eucerin fills the bill for everything. A bargain, too, for what it does.
on May 5, 2013
Yes it's thick, yes it's hard to spread but most importantly: yes, it heals really bad dry skin. And I know a thing about bad dry skin, I've had it all my life, I live in a part of the country that gets bone dry in the wintertime making dry skin worse. I've heard all the negatives about this basic Eucerin product but if you have really dry sensitive skin, you know that something that works to help heal the skin is worth the minor effort it takes to spread it on the body where needed. Also, note: this has no fragrance whatsoever. It's about as pure an emollient that you can buy: it's used by pharmacists as the base for prescription drugs that require a cream base to apply topically. So you're getting a good pure product as you can get, and if you have very dry sensitive skin, can't tolerate fragrance, just want to heal the cracking and itching - try this. It's the one product I'd probably take on a desert island with me. Seriously. I can't or don't want to think about living without it.
This cream is sticky; it's gooey; it's greasy--and it's wonderful. Although I've tried several other moisturizers and thought I was satisfied, this really is superior to all of them. My doctor told me to use this for athlete's foot and I am also using it for the incredibly dry skin on my feet and (believe it or not) behind my ears! I'm amazed that within just five or six days my exceptionally dry skin is much, much improved and I intend on sticking with Eucerin moisturizing cream.

If you find that the cream is just so gooey that it isn't practical to use this during the day, just apply it at night before going to bed. It will still work wonders. I also like another reviewer's idea; he writes that you could apply this to your hands and then cover them with gloves to keep the cream on.

As of this time the price is just about a buck higher than a local discount pharmacy, so if the price stays this way I will stock up on this product through Amazon. It's convenient to have it delivered.

I highly recommend Eucerin moisturizing creme (original). You won't be disappointed.
on January 13, 2016
My 5 month old son suffers from eczema. He had it all over his entire body; face, arms, legs, stomach and back. I ordered this product because the creams I had tried were not giving him any relief. Within 2 days of using this product my sons skin already looked clearer and felt more moisturized than I have ever felt it before.
on February 9, 2014
Downside: there really is no really bad downside except that is very thick so you really have to massage it in your skin or warm it up in your hands otherwise it'll just sit there for a few mins or it rub off on your clothes, specially if you live in a cold area.
Doctors have recommend it to friends and family, as young as infants. That's why I feel really safe in using it. I recently started using it daily for my body and as always this product works great, my friend work at a store that features Lancôme, Dior, Estée Lauder... and she alway making me tried a lot of different moisturizers and I have bought a lot, (expensive); my skin is normally dry, I feel that there's nothing quiet like eucerin, specially now that I am 7months pregnant; I use it on my belly everyday to keep it hydrated. I think that using a really good moisturizer to help with elasticity is the best way to fight stretch marks and this Creme is fragrance free, rich and thick, I like to use the eucerin calming cream during the day because is less thick and this one(original healing) at night time, I pile on this Creme because I am supper worried about getting stretch marks and I want to prevent them as much as possible.

Thanks.
on September 6, 2015
I have TERRIBLE eczema. I have a prescription for the strongest corticosteroid cream there is and have to use it daily. Unfortunately, I run out of it SO quickly and nothing else helps (mind you, I've tried EVERYTHING on the market for 'eczema relief' over the last five years). This lotion is a godsend. It's extremely thick and difficult to rub in, but it works WONDERS to stop the maddening eczema itch that normally leaves my skin bleeding and oozing. Now, I only need to use my prescription cream when I REALLY need it. I use this lotion daily when I get out of the shower, applying it heavily to my most problematic areas. I've yet to try the Eucerin cream that's specifically for eczema, but I don't know if I'll even need to given the original formula helps me so much.
on October 16, 2013
With my oily skin I find this doesn't make my skin break out. It very softening and smoothing. Healing is a good word for it. I suspect BB creams might be too much. Too thick. Artificial with the coloring apect. I comfortable with Eucerin daily for all my need.
on June 14, 2016
I have extremely dry skin; in particular, my hands. I've used Eucerin for years. However, the effectiveness of the product has changed recently. Not only does it fail to provide the superb moisturization that it used to do so superbly, but a few minutes after applying it, your hands feel even more dry than they had before. Not only have they removed the components of their formula that worked so well - probably due to manufacturing cost and a drive for profit - but they've greedily and figured out a way to make the consumer of the product use more and more of it in an attempt to achieve any effective moisturization at all. It's almost diabolical - you have to keep reapplying the stuff over and over, just to overcome the dryness that the product itself induces - even though the product was supposed to eliminate dryness in the first place.
on January 27, 2013
This is the best moisturizing cream I've ever owned. It doesn't hurt, and in 1 or 2 nights of putting this on, my skin is back to moisturized and healthy, even if it was cracked open and bleeding the night before. There is minimal pain when the skin is that damaged, (water hurts cuts, nothing is going to not hurt one) very minor, you can sleep with it easily. All of these lotions with all this extra stuff like tea tree oil, and calming nutrients unfortunately doesn't work. They all made my skin irritated and burn. Eucerine is different though, its the best stuff out there with simple ingredients that don't irritate your skin (and I have sensitive skin). Trust me , this is the BEST BUY. I would recommend the plain/original Eucerine, I've had the best experience with it.

See 1 answered question