5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful!
Published 12 months ago by Stuart Dunn

1.0 out of 5 stars SAVE YOUR MONEY
TURN DOWN THE VOLUME. LESS THAN EXPECTED.

LARRY
Published 1 month ago by Larry Ksanznak

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful!, August 13, 2013
This review is from: Mater Eucharistiae (Audio CD)
Before I review the CD, I'd like to provide some background on the sisters. The Dominican Sister of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist are located in Ann Arbor, Michigan and were founded in 1997 with only four sisters. In those short sixteen years, they have increased to 110 sisters, which is remarkable! You might recognize the name of this order if you watched the American Bible Challenge game show and saw Sister Peter Joseph, Sister Maria Suso, and Sister Evangeline finish in second place on the most recent season. The purpose of this album, and the focus of the sisters' lives, is to draw people closer to Jesus through Mary, and they certainly succeeded in that goal.

The album itself is composed of fifteen songs and is just under 45 minutes long. The music is a mixture of English and Latin and it incorporates some instrumental and a capella pieces. You will recognize some of the music, such as Salve Regina or Pange Lingua. However, there is also an original one entitled "I Am in Thy Hands, O Mary." I first listened to this album at work and it transformed my whole day and made it more Christ-centered. I try now to listen to at least some of the album once a day, and in different places like home or the car. Doing this helps remind me that every aspect of our lives should be prayer and worship of God. It also helps transform my car or job-site into a mini-place of worship. I am truly grateful, not only for the 5-star CD that these sisters produced but more importantly for the example of their lives.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Window into Ageless Reality, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Mater Eucharistiae (MP3 Music)
Having lived in Ann Arbor for several years, I picked up this album after hearing about it on NPR. On the radio the Sisters described the perspective that living within a contemplative religious society brings to their lives and music. Their album "Mater Eucharistiae" was intended to capture the compassion and serenity that permeated their lives and bring it to a new audience.

Without going into too much detail, the album thoroughly accomplishes its mission. The raw skill that the Sisters bring to their music is astonishing considering they are not classically trained musicians. Moreover, the selection is a quite accessible mixture of Latin and vernacular songs that should be appealing even to people who are not accustomed to listening to sacred music. While not as haunting as selections from Hildregard Von Bingen or as technically flawless as some arrangements created by professional choirs, I nonetheless would chose the Sisters of Mary over any of these alternatives. The Sisters' music is a window into an organic lifestyle and worldview that is as real as it is ancient. To listen to "Mater Eucharistiae" is to glimpse a reality that is truly ageless. For almost a thousand years the Dominican sisters have carried on their tradition of sacred music; God willing, it will be carried on for many thousand more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifts your heart and mind to God, August 13, 2013
A Regular Joe (A Regular City, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mater Eucharistiae (Audio CD)
This CD is an excellent compilation of sacred music, both original & traditional, both in English & Latin. Every tract is well produced, meaningful, and a pleasure to listen to. The Sisters voices lift one's heart and mind to God and I know I will be giving many copies away as gifts. What makes the music even more incredible, and this CD especially unique, is the story of the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist. I have been blessed as a youth minister to have them work with our teens and their personal witness to the goodness and love of the Lord Jesus has a profound effect on everyone they meet. Take the time to learn more about them and their ministry (yes, these are the Sisters that appeared on Oprah & the American Bible Challenge). This CD is yet another beautiful witness to what the Lord has done for us and an invitation to respond to Him and accept his grace. The music here creates the opportunity for much more than listening, but meditation and contemplation of the many gifts of the Church. It has my highest recommendation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, August 13, 2013
This review is from: Mater Eucharistiae (Audio CD)
Absolutely beautiful. The Te Deum has been on repeat mode ever since I received the CD last evening.
Thank you sisters for the CD and thank you God for the sisters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Music review, August 13, 2013
This review is from: Mater Eucharistiae (Audio CD)
Love this kind of beautiful music. I am really enjoying it. I have two of the three series I ordered. Waiting for the third one. Everything is so easy to order and track.

5.0 out of 5 stars God bless these Sisters, August 29, 2013
This review is from: Mater Eucharistiae (Audio CD)
The Dominican Sisters of Mary have connected with the traditional beauty of the Holy Mass and produced an astonishingly beautiful compilation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual and uplifting, August 17, 2013
This review is from: Mater Eucharistiae (Audio CD)
The Sisters of Mary have lovely voices to lift the spirits and bring a sense of joy and peace. Just beautiful!

4.0 out of 5 stars be transported into the house of the Lord and prayers, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Mater Eucharistiae (Audio CD)
music is communication. music/singing is a form of worship, a communication to God. It prepares the heart and soul to receive and to deliver.

I heard of this CD on NPR. Just the snippets along were enough for me to buy this CD. I don't mind paying to get a new one because some of the money will go to the convent, hopefully helps the new chapter in Texas.

Most of us can't be sitting in the church every day to hear the sisters singing, especially if it is in a location from from where you live. Having this CD is the 2nd best. It transports me to the house of worship. it calms my mind and readies me for holy communion.

God bless these ladies and let them sing and praise for as long as they live.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful !, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Mater Eucharistiae (Audio CD)
I've written a review some time ago, around December, 2013.
I use this album as a background for prayer. Also, if I can't sleep, it give a calming state that some other music can not produce. Beautifully done.
MAK, PA

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music with a calming influence, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Mater Eucharistiae (Audio CD)
I have followed the growth of the Dominican Sisters of Mary for several years and I was excited to learn of their first album. I bought it shortly after release and I enjoy it very much. It is installed in the CD pack in my car and I play it regularly during my travels to and from prison for my ministry. The chanting is uplifting and you can sense the pleasure that these nuns get in praise of God by their voices.

Mater Eucharistiae