4.0 out of 5 stars Dustbuster on steroids
Published on February 12, 2002 by Joe Ganley

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a dust-buster
on a stick. Cannot recommend this "broom vacuum" because it's nothing special, not a lot of power, and too fat to really get under / into places that a smaller vacuum/dust-buster should get. Forget it.
Published on March 29, 2007 by Dickens Freak

4.0 out of 5 stars Dustbuster on steroids, February 12, 2002
Joe Ganley (Northern Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eureka 161D6 Stick Broom Vacuum (Kitchen)
This is a great little vacuum, especially for the price (substantially cheaper than many of the other stick brooms). It's the same basic technology as Dustbuster-type cordless hand vacs, and is actually shaped like one but with a wide floor nozzle and a long handle. However, being corded, it's quite a bit more powerful than the cordless vacs, and has proven quite up to the tasks we use it for (most often, vacuuming the crud off the floor around the baby's high chair). Don't expect this to replace your main house vacuum, but it's a great spot vac to keep handy in those rooms that need a *lot* of vacuuming; we'll probably buy one or two more to stash around the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further!!!, May 28, 2003
This review is from: Eureka 161D6 Stick Broom Vacuum (Kitchen)
We have 3000 sq. ft. of tile floor, 2 children under age 3, and 3 dogs, 2 of which are Chows (a.k.a. furballs). This vac NEVER lets me down, even if it is some sticky residue from some "recipe" my children made that I somehow missed for a couple of days. It gets up not only dog hair but HUGE furballs, never clogs, and is a breeze to empty. Mine finally wore out after using it an average of 5-8 times a week for the last 5 years. Amazon doesn't have it...take the time to find it, you'll be happy with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars EUREKA 161D6 STICK BROOM VACUUM, November 30, 2003
This review is from: Eureka 161D6 Stick Broom Vacuum (Kitchen)
I CAN'T IMAGINE WHY THIS HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. I'VE BOUGHT THEM AND USED THEM FOR 10 YEARS OR SO, AND THEY ARE FAR BETTER FOR VACUUMING ON WOOD AND TILE FLOORS THAN WHAT THEY'VE BEEN REPLACED WITH. THE LARGER ONES WITH THE BRUSH ROLLER-- I'VE TRIED 2 OF THEM-- SEEM TO BLOW THE DIRT AROUND AND NOT PICK IT UP NEAR AS WELL AS THE LITTLE SUPERBROOM.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eureka 161D6 Stick Broom Vacuum, December 14, 2002
This review is from: Eureka 161D6 Stick Broom Vacuum (Kitchen)
I love this vacuum. It's great on all my rugless floors, even my enclosed deck. It has great suction. It sucks up sand, kitty litter and hard to sweep up dust. I once vacuumed sugar from the floor. The mouth and bag got sticky, I just washed it off with a tooth brush and soap and it's good as new. I always keep the strain off the motor by cleaning the filter bag after every use with a toothbrush. Only bad thing about mine is the handle broke when it got shut in a door when storing. I've had it for 2 years. It's a great gift to give. No more dust mops for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy for Quick Clean-up, November 16, 2002
This review is from: Eureka 161D6 Stick Broom Vacuum (Kitchen)
Most definitely one of the best investments we have made for kitchen,laundry room,which is the location of the back door, where we carry in wood for the fire place. This little broom picks up litter from the wood both on & around the hearth, great on the kitchen floor & a light pick-up when those unexpected visitors pull up in the drive.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a dust-buster, March 29, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars bring back the 161D6 stick broom, January 7, 2009
Patricia A. Monnett (MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eureka 161D6 Stick Broom Vacuum (Kitchen)
I WISH YOU WOULD GET BACK IN STOCK THE 161D6 STICK BROOM IT IS FANTASTIC I HAVE HAD ONE FOR 20 YEARS AND AM WANTING TO PURCHASE A NEW ONE.
PLEASE BRING IT BACK IN STOCK.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, April 27, 2002
This review is from: Eureka 161D6 Stick Broom Vacuum (Kitchen)
I purchased this vacuum about 6 months ago and it has completely stopped working. I did not use it often except to do the bathroom floors. I am very dissapointed ...... I expected better from this manufacturer.

Eureka 161D6 Stick Broom Vacuum