Most helpful critical review
21 of 22 people found the following review helpful
Screen tent functional but life is short...
on July 20, 2009
Short and sweet. Owned this for several years. Never left up for more than a week at a time. Stored in bags after drying out every time.
- Easy one or two person setup (even easier with more than two)
- Free standing (but recommend securing with stakes).
- No see-um screen with no chance of bugs entering.
- Not overly too large (fits over a large sized picnic table with some room to spare).
- Green colored (blends in with camp site)
- Interior items can get wet if the wind blows horizontally. Light rains do not seem to impact interior.
- No top vent (gets real stuffy on the inside if you don't use a fan to circulate the air)
- Zipper teeth are small and plastic and eventually both zippers went out on this item (two separate doors). Temporarily used sewn on velcro to partially fix, until the screen ripped from age. Be carefult with the zippers. All the brands I ran across do not put better quality or larger zippers on the doors...why not???
The Eureka screen tent lasted for more than a couple of years, but now we are trying a Coleman brand. I'll let you know on that one!