Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Eureka 409B The Boss Superlite Widetrack Vacuum
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 5, 2005
The Eureka Superlite Widetrack vacuum is a fantastic little vacuum cleaner. Requiring no vacuum cleaner bags, the dirt and debris that it collects is stored in a plastic bin that is easily removable so that you can easily dump its contents into a wastebasket. With the telescoping handle that is released by a small pushbutton on the back, the Eureka Superlite Widetrack can be easily stored in a closet while taking up very little space. The power switch allows you to just use the vacuum motor alone or in combination with a rotating beater-bar brush at the bottom. The rotating brush comes in very handy for cleaning carpets, but isn't needed when vacuuming hardwood or tiled floors. I really like using the Eureka Superlite Widetrack for vacuuming carpeted stairs: instead of having to lug a heavy-duty upright or canister vacuum with an opening too large for each staircase step, I just use the Eureka Superlite Widetrack since it's lightweight and because its opening and rotating brush match the size of each staircase step better. If I just want to do a quick vacuuming, the Eureka Superlite Widetrack is ideal as it can clean up short pine needles, dried leaves, dirt, hair and other miscellaneous bits of debris. (This comes in very handy with two dogs going in and out of the house and tracking in dead plant matter and dirt from the yard.) Granted, the Eureka Superlite Widetrack isn't as powerful as a heavy-duty upright or canister vacuum cleaner, it was never meant to replace either. Instead, this handy little vacuum complements the use of a heavy-duty one when you don't really need that much cleaning power; but if you live in a small apartment or condo and don't have much storage space, the Eureka Superlite Widetrack you can still use it as your primary vacuum cleaner.

Overall, for ease of use, compact size and great cleaning ability, I rate the Eureka Superlite Widetrack vacuum cleaner with a resounding 5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it to everyone.
on October 10, 2005
Great little picker-upper of dirt, animal hair, etc.on plain or carpeted floors, but it is a srceamer when it comes to noise. It gets the four stars from me for that reason.
on October 23, 2005
Had to retire the 15 year old Hoover Runabout. Just took one too many beatings. I researched and researched, found this one and took it home. I have a 15 month old, a 2 1/2 year old, and two messy dogs, plus one husband. I LOVE THIS VACUUM! It's small, light, and sucks the heck out of dog hair and crumbs. I haven't tackled anything tough like cheerios or fruit loops, but the dogs mostly take care of those. I have all hardwood floors and vacuum almost everyday. Highly recommend!
on May 31, 2006
I got my Eureka Boss Superlite in August of last year, and I've used it at least weekly since (and sometimes more). It was cheap enought that I figured it was disposable if it quit working, and I had planned on getting something better around December anyway. Boy did this little thing surprise me - it really works great! Picks up cat hair, dust, everything. Very light, and not really all that noisy. It's quiet enough that my cat isn't afraid of it.

I really enjoy emptying the cannister and seeing how much stuff it sucks up! I've cleaned the filter a few times; it's very sturdy and I've found a boning knife works great for getting into the pleats to get dust out. I do have long hair, and I spend some time cutting it out from the brush, where it gets wound up instead of sucked up the pipe, but that would happen with any vacuum.

After so many years of suffering with the ultra heavy Kirbys and the like, this little vacuum has really been a relief, and it works great to boot. I would recommend it to anyone.
on September 17, 2007
I was looking for a vacuum to replace a light-weight vacuum by Oreck, which they no longer make. That vacuum wasn't expensive, costing under $100 - so I think we're talking the same ball park here.

This vacuum is very noisy, as most people put in their review. I wouldn't mind that if it did it's job. This Eureka Superlite is too bulky to go under the bed, and with no hose attachment - buy a Swiffer too.

I find the suction poor, so much so, I'd rather use my big, bulky upright though it is heavy. I find it a waste of time to vacuum with this vacuum that can't hold a candle to the Oreck or other lightweight I had.

The cord seems long from the description, but every room you enter, the plug has to be removed and replugged. Do one room at a time. Please think about that - 20 feet of cord would cross a 15 foot room, the other 5'doesn't go anywhere.

It is NOT fantastic - barely picking up cat litter without having the granules bounce around it's base and out to another part of the room.

My opinion is if you're looking to pick up a bit of dust on a bare floor, get it. If you need to do a rug, stairs, or hope to get out of one room to a hallway, you'll actually get mad at a machine. How bad is that?
on July 1, 2006
I got this vacuum as an alternative to using a "dust-buster" on my kitchen floors everyday. I have 4 large black dogs and white kitchen floors! I got tired of bending over to dust-bust, but I didn't want to get a huge vacuum that I had to drag out daily to clean the hair up. This vacuum is a great alternative. It is light-weight, plugs in so it doesn't have to be charged, so it works as long as you need it to, and it does a great job on hard floors. It does decent on carpet, but I still use my regular vacuum for the carpet areas. I love this thing. It is awesome on pet hair, dirt, you name it. Although it doesn't get anything that is wet, but for the money, you can wipe up the water before you vacuum!! :) Overall this is a great buy for someone who frequently has to vacuum hard floors in a quick and easy way. Hope that helps!
on June 6, 2006
I must say, all of us fight over who gets to use the vacuum. I know this sounds weird, but oh, the joy of seeing how much dust and dirt was collected! This has to be one of the best little vacs out there! We use this as our primary since we only have 5 rooms on both levels with carpeting. I DON'T like it for hardwoods. It just blows too much around. For hardwoods, I prefer Bono Swedish mops. For this price, I'll probably buy another for the lower level of our house! I don't mind the noise..it's not that bad. If you want to hear a screamer, buy the Hoover Bagless Quickbroom!

Also, this product could be amazing if it carried onboard tools!
on September 16, 2005
I just moved to a small city apartment and this vacuum is perfect! It has a lot of power, it is very compact and cleans great. The reason I gave it 4 out of five its because it feels a little flimsy, I guess you get what you pay for. Also, if you have a regular sized home you would hate it, unless you want to use it on the stairs or for quick touch ups. The opening is small and it is very simple, it does not contain any extra gadgets or hoses. But if you are living single, in a dorm or small apt. this vaccum is the way to go!
on June 11, 2006
Is good on the wood floors. Not good on scatter rugs. Noise is outrageous. High pitched scream. Not good on human or cat ears.
on July 14, 2006
+ve

Small size

Lite wait

slim shape can be stored any where.

beg less.

-ve

more noise (this will be issue with all small size vacums because they can not implement noise reduction)

not good for stairs

need to empty after every use.

filters are very expensive (most expensive in all eureks filters.)