5.0 out of 5 stars The best Vacuum cleaner bar-non, July 28, 2005
Before deciding to go with the 5902AVZ, I personally tested all of the top-of-the-line models out there; including the best from Hoover, Bissell, and Red Devil (but not Dyson because of the price) and I would have to attest that the Eureka had the best suction of all the vacuums out there. The easiest thing to differentiate between the other units is the diameter of the suction hose; the 5902AVZ has a larger suction hose. This vacuum can really suck and the canister is easy to clean except for the first stage foam filter that can be a little messy to clean, but the good thing is that it only needs to be done once every 6-8 vacuum. The brush does a great job of whipping up the carpet and being able to turn off the brush is great for cleaning bare floors. One negative thing about the brush is that I had to take it out and clean twice already over the last 6 months that I have used it because hair gets stuck in between the rollers and makes a lot of squeaking noise; the other is I wish the left hand brush is closer to the edge like the right hand side. The vacuum has two separate motors; one for the brush and the other for the suction, so yes it means that this vacuum is heavy and I would suggest you ladies out there go and test it out first because it is heavy... but if you can tolerate the weight for suction then this is the one to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good vacuum for the price, July 21, 2013
We like our Eureka and the way almost all parts can be cleaned after each use, and the fact that it's bagless is great too. Especially good for those with allergies as it as a cleanable HEPA filter. Unlike previous vacuums I've owned, this one actually does a decent job on bare floors instead of just blowing everything everywhere.