Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Eureka! Kids Grasshopper 30-Degree Sleeping Bag
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 26, 2007
Our family just returned from a weekend camping trip near Steamboat Springs, CO. My girls, 3 and 5, were excited to use their real sleeping bags (an upgrade from Winnie the Pooh or Dora bags really made for indoor sleepovers). Inside the bag, there is a little pocket with velcro to hold a small stuffed animal. Stowing a travel pack of tissues would've been ideal as we all got a souvenir cold.

The real test came the first night out . The sky was clear with millions of stars and a near full moon so we left the fly off the tent. I never realized how insulating a tent rainfly is...we awoke to 37 degrees! The girls were toasty warm, happy and cute as bugs in their grasshopper bags.

The length of the bag is great as they will be able to use them until we're ready to upgrade to adult down bags.

Wonderful product, really fast shipping from Amazon.
on July 14, 2009
My 7 year-old daughter loves her new sleeping bag. The one big concern that I have is the drawstring at the head used to draw the head area tight. My daughter moves around a great deal when she sleeps and somehow got the drawstring wound around her neck. It was tight enough that she could not untangle herself. It took my husband and myself quite a while to remove it...thankfully it was not tight enough to restrict breathing. I would definitely recommend removing the drawstring if you purchase this item.
66 comments|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2007
The Eureka kids 30'grasshopper is an awesome sleeping bag, and a great value. We have two girls ages 6 and 8 who we purchased the sleeping bags for. On an week long camping trip in early spring twice the temperature dipped into the thirtys, and once into the low thirtys. Our girls stayed toasty warm and comfortable in their grashopper mummy bags. These bags also pack well, and have a good zipper. For the money these bags simply can't be beat.
on September 15, 2006
I got this bag for my 5-year old for our trip to Yellowstone NP this summer. He stayed warm and toasty even though temperatures dropped into the low 40's and we awoke to frost a couple of mornings. He loves the bag!
on May 8, 2009
My daughter LOVEs this mummy bag!! It is cute. It is just her size (she's 6 and half. It was plenty warm for her on it's maiden voyage to Yosemite where the nights dipped down into the high 30's. In fact she was so warm that she slept in just a tee shirt and thin leggings. The size looks like it will fit her for a couple more years... she is an average size kid and she has about an extra 10 inches or so of length in it.
However... the stitching around the mummy drawstring is coming apart at 2 points. Luckily I'm an avid seamstress so I can fix it all easy enough. It also isn't coming apart anywhere that really affects the integrity of the bag, but that could change as it gets more use. This would probably be a 5 star bag if it weren't for the shoddy seaming. It would probably be a 4 star bag if it was coming apart in only one area ( mistakes DO happen), but to be coming apart in 2 spots during it's first use is quite disappointing to me.
on October 15, 2007
This sleeping bag is nice and durable - we've washed it several times and it's holding up just fine. The inside material is very 'cold' to the touch until it warms up so we end up putting a fuzzy warm blanket inside to make it 'feel' warm.
on July 15, 2009
This is a quality sleeping bag that is very well made and very warm. My daughter loves it and it keeps her cozy on our camping trips. It is short and narrow for a child. I am barely 5'2" 115lbs. and I am too tall for it by a couple inches but fit other wise quite comfy. It is a real pretty purple and the zipper zips both ways so their feet can hang out. I love this bag and would buy it again.
on May 7, 2007
Daughter took it on a trip for brownie scouts, used it in an open faced "Adirondack" shelter, on a cool spring night, kept her very warm. Nicely sewn, with an inside flap to cover the zipper.
on November 15, 2006
I bought this for my 6yr old daughter as she sleeps over at the grandparents out in the boondocks and it's often freezing in the loft area where she sleeps. The 30-degree coverage definitly works for her and she doesn't come home complaining about how "IT's FREEZING!!! at Grandma and Grandpa's" any more *laugh*
on June 26, 2009
I am a new troop leader, recently certified for outdoor overnights. Bought this sleeping for my daughter for our first troop campout. My daughter was the only one with a bag like this, the others girls all had the old fashioned flannel sleeping bags. The nights turned out colder then expected. All the girls doubled up in each other's sleeping bags for warmth, except my daughter. She was snug, warm and comfortable in the middle of the tent, by herself in her own sleeping bag. Basically, she was the only one of the girls that stayed warm all night.

This bag is big enough to fit a small adult (5'4") easily. I went back and purchased a second one for my other daughter.

ONLY PROBLEM: The stuff sack it comes in is fragile and will tear if you are not careful. But it fit beautifully in a small backpack...

Perfect.