5.0 out of 5 stars The plot thickens
Published on April 27, 2008 by Keonyn

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent anime, great manga, so why the three star?
I'll tell you: When I got the first collector Eureka 7 pack, it came with a nice, large t-shirt that fit me great, not too tight, great, average size.

So, I open up my box, excited for the next shirt... When actually what I pulled out was less of a shirt, and more of a circus tent!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a petite guy, but I'm not HUGE. I'm...
Published on February 21, 2008 by Daine Rask

5.0 out of 5 stars The plot thickens, April 27, 2008
Keonyn (Minnesota, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eureka Seven: Volume 3 (Special Edition) (DVD)
Volume 3 definitely kicks the story in to overdrive and really starts to unveil a great deal about the goals of the Gekkostate and the military, as well as making the antagonists quite clear. The final episode of the disc also serves as not only a recap, but an introduction to some of the history behind certain story elements as well. The dream sequence is very interesting and the episode with the Coralian is one of the better episodes so far.

On a technical level this volume remains consistent with the rest. My one minor complaint is that they changed the introduction and ending song, I had grown rather fond of the previous ones and don't much care for their replacements. All in all that is just a minor issue. This is a great volume that offers action and a lot of progress with the story. Everything isn't perfectly clear just yet, but it's getting there and you'll understand quite a bit after viewing this volume.

This comes with another shirt, though this time it is a black shirt in size x-large. On the bottom corner of one side is a line art image of Eureka, with Anemone on the bottom corner of the other side. The manga included continues to disappoint me due to how much it varies from the anime in everything from style to the nature of the characters to the atmosphere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent anime, great manga, so why the three star?, February 21, 2008
This review is from: Eureka Seven: Volume 3 (Special Edition) (DVD)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a petite guy, but I'm not HUGE. I'm average. I hope the next shirt fits more like the first.

As far as the series goes, it's simple. Everything BONES makes is gold. Period.

Emotional impact of FMA+Mecha= great series.

Characters, even side characters are fleshed out and likable. Renton's awkward crush is totally identifiable, and exceedingly funny.

The whole world is a character, even. SCUBs, trapars, and the sport of lifting make this one of the most interesting and believable worlds in my anime experiences.

GET THIS SERIES!

4.0 out of 5 stars Snagged this for $2.18, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Eureka Seven: Volume 3 (Special Edition) (DVD)
Good for the price, comes with dvd, manga, shirt. However the shirt is like XXL or really big for me. But with the price its a good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome T-shirt for an awesome show, March 18, 2007
This review is from: Eureka Seven: Volume 3 (Special Edition) (DVD)
This is an absolutely amazing series. The animation is gorgeous. The music is...well, I listen to my copy of the soundtrack all the time when I'm going to classes and such. The aerobatics are very well choreographed, and the dialog is at times witty, deep, emotional, and inspiring. The third episode definitely continues this trend that was established in the first five minutes of the premier episode of the series.

The first three episodes on the disc should be watched back to back if possible. They form a very intense set. I had to re-watch episodes 11 and 12 in order to really understand what the importance of the dream sequence is in episode 12. The only advice I can offer viewers is to pay attention to what the different characters say about what a Corallian is. Additionally, viewers may want to go back and review some of the material from the earlier episodes such as Dewey's conversations with the Sage Council and some of the material that discusses Scubs and tectonic disturbances. Further, episodes 11 and 12 are very intense and can be almost a visual and information overload.

I know a lot of people have been down on episode 14 because it's a clip episode, and yes it does have its purposes when airing on television. The only reason I'm probably not one of its detractors is because the episodes I saw before ordering the first disc were episodes #8, #14, #24-#27. So, the clip episode is one of the ones I remembered when I happened to see the show again about two months later.

About the extras: So far, I've not been a fan of the manga, but I love my shirts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eureka Heaven, November 6, 2006
This review is from: Eureka Seven: Volume 3 (Special Edition) (DVD)
I have been watching this show on Adult Swim and fell in love with it immediately. I love the music, the character designs and the story grows on me more and more thanks to Renton. The first episode especially, to me,has a rather nostalgic feel. I love Renton,his big heart and his genuine affection (refreshingly,not so much the general anime lechery) for Eureka. And though Eureka is naÔve to many things she is as honest as she can be with Renton and her feelings for him. When I saw that the DVDs were coming out I start buying them immediately from Amazon, which has them at great prices. I was also super happy that you get 5 episodes per DVD, that was until Vol. 3 and up.But oh well what can you do.Its the 4 episodes on this DVD that has garnered it 4 stars. It's still a great series. I like the interaction between the characters, it very natural and easy, kind of the way you'd talk to your own friends (with the exception of Holland always beating the crap out of Renton, which later is chalked up to big bad Holland being jealous of Renton and his relationship with Eureka). I also Like that you can get limited edition box sets with manga, CD, t-shirt etc. It's a fun anime. I love it. And I will continue to buy the DVDs to the finish of the series

4.0 out of 5 stars The action in the series gets a running start!, May 20, 2006
Courtland J. Carpenter (Fort Wayne, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Eureka Seven: Volume 3 (Special Edition) (DVD)
The characterization is still good in this third DVD release although like most anime series they cut the episode count down by one. After releasing 5 per disc in the first two, they go to only four in this one. I'm going to stay in the same format I used for DVD 2, that is I'm going to try to summarize each of the four episodes without revealing much, and playing spoiler.

Episode 11: Eureka is not feeling well for some unexplained reason, and neither is her enemy Anemone. They end up clashing in battle late in the episode.

Episode 12: The battle continues and no decisive winner comes this time. Renton shares some sort of dream like connection with Eureka. What it means he knows not. The battle concludes.

Episode 13: With both Anemome and Eukeka downed, Renton and an enemy officer cooperate to get medical help for their charges. Will either be captured?

Episode 14: Here comes the second reason for deducting a star from this ones rating. This episode is a clip show. It has a new theme and appears to be the start of the second season, but it's a clip show, to save production costs and bring the audience up to date after waiting for the new season to start.

If it were me marketing this, I'd have made the second DVD 4 episodes and this one 5. The clip shows are just worthless fillers, hardly worth buying, but they have their purposes on TV I suppose. This one's still worth the price for all the action, but not much is revealed yet. Most of the plot is still a mystery.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have for eureka seven fans, February 7, 2007
This review is from: Eureka Seven: Volume 3 (Special Edition) (DVD)
it goes into more detail on eureka and rentons backgrounds. good dvd, great manga, and ofcourse you get a t-shirt too.

Eureka Seven: Volume 3 (Special Edition)
Eureka Seven: Volume 3 (Special Edition) by Tomoki KyŰda (DVD - 2006)
$39.98 $7.99