Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Eureka Warrior 230 IR LED Lantern
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 19, 2013
You can see that the Eureka Warrior has an identical body and construction as the Rayovac Sportsman LED Lantern (SE3DLN) and Lighting Ever LED Lantern. The difference is those don't have a remote, dimming feature, and each has a different bulb and/or lumen (brightness) output.

This unit really is better than those other units because of the dimming option. A remote for a lantern in a tent is really kind of pushing the laziness factor :~) and the other units have similar brightness. But being able to dim a lantern so it's not bothering other campers after 10pm is a great thing!

To operate the dimmer is a little bit tricky. You have to turn the lantern on (this is the 100% light output), then press and hold the on button. After a few seconds you will see the light start to dim. Once you get to the desired light level just release the on button. This can be done with power button on the lantern or the remote. To use the remote you have to first click the power button on the lantern 3 times (you will see a small blue light turn on above the power button).

I'm not crazy about the strobe feature, but I can see how some people might like it.
on May 8, 2013
Only reason I don't give this a 5 star rating is that instructions don't exist (at least I didn't receive any). I had to call customer support (which was a great experience) and ask how to enable the light to work with remote. < answer is: press button three times on lantern>

I would recommend. It provides plenty of light in my 8 x 8 tent. The remote is usable as a flashlight in a pinch. Very reasonably priced.
on January 3, 2014
During blackout I was very impressed with both the amount and quality of the light. The remote is a great feature but I've already lost it so if you buy secure the remote to the lantern. My issue is replacing the battery cover is kinda tricky you must perfectly align the slots even harder in the dark. The battery cover needs to be redesigned for 5 stars
on September 30, 2012
This little light is fantastic! Very bright! Lights up the tent so well. Has a dimmer option. The remote control is very useful. If the light is hanging in your tent and you don't want to get out of your sleeping bag to turn it on or off, you just click the remote. I love it!