5.0 out of 5 stars A Book to Buy
This is a modern translation, not at all slangy. The introduction and essays at the end are useful.
Medea and Hyppolytus are popular plays. The Bacchae is totally disturbing and is meant to be. Heracles Mad is not so well known, not so popular, and probaly his best extant play.
A good read, with much meat for thought.
Published on December 20, 2010 by grozny

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful
Published 7 months ago by dclark

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book to Buy, December 20, 2010
This review is from: Euripides: Medea, Hippolytus, Heracles, Bacchae (Paperback)
A good read, with much meat for thought.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, February 6, 2014
dclark (Columbus, OH) - See all my reviews
Be careful purchasing this book from this publisher. The book was required for a classics course I took, however, when I went to read a play from it, I found the translation to be very dated. The writing is difficult to read and very outdated (using words such as dost and o'er, etc.). Turns out, I had purchased the wrong book, and Amazon has mistakenly linked them together. The correct one has a red cover with a circle, this one has a white and blue cover with a picture of rocks. Don't waste your money on nearly unreadable prose, make sure you purchase the right book.

5.0 out of 5 stars College Class, March 31, 2014
It is a great book for a great price, especially for a college requirement. Glad i get to keep it for future reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what my teacher wanted, February 7, 2014
I had to buy this book for a class and my teacher was very particular about the edition and publisher that we got. This is the exact copy of the one he requested so it is nice to know that amazon allows you to be that specific.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, September 11, 2014
Good. Used but came in great quality. I bought it for a Mythology class though I didn't need it much. The parts I did read were interesting though. It mostly provided famous stories in Greek mythology.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Textbook, August 6, 2014
Used it for my greek Mythology class. Small and easy to carry book with easy to read print.

5.0 out of 5 stars student review, December 7, 2004
I found all 4 plays in this book easy to read & easy to get into...this book was awesome & has made me a fan of Euripides.

Euripides: Medea, Hippolytus, Heracles, Bacchae
Euripides: Medea, Hippolytus, Heracles, Bacchae by Euripides (Paperback - March 1, 2002)
$20.95 $15.50