Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on February 1, 2005
I read a lot of reviews before I took the leap of faith and bought this product. (...)
It works fine. I have had it for two months and it does everything I thought it would. It is a slow process to wait for the "light to turn green," i.e. for the steam to be ready, but other than that it is OK. One thing to note is that it makes a mess sometimes too. Sure you can get up stains and things with it, but the dirt and dirty water need to be cleaned up afterwards. Sometimes this can be quite labor intenstive itself. So, it is a good buy but it did not blow my socks off as it does those people on the TV. They really liked it, I just use it here and there and find it okay.
on December 25, 2003
Motivated by our friends who brought us the Shark Steam Cleaner, for the first time in my 37 years, I have used [a bad] word on Christmas Day.
As I bragged how I was going to remove all soap scum from the track of the shower door, I proceeded into the bathroom. After about a minute or so I screamed out throwing the handle as boiling water cooked my hand. Of course, the Shark's handle landed in the toilet. This thing is unsafe. Period. Sometimes it just sprays a stream of super hot water when you start it. During normal use it will become hotter than a gun barrel and then start spewing hot water from the handle. Not just warm water, you have to toss the thing. If you have the mechanical prosthetic hand of Anakin Skywalker, you could probably clean something before short-circuiting. Other wise it's like sticking you hand in a pot ready to boil lobsters.
(...)If the trigger handle was safe to use, I would have liked this thing but that's just not the case. Others who claim that it does not leak or shoot water instead of steam must have an interest in the sales because that's just not true.
Perhaps the company's next product will be some kind of a burn cover up cream.
on June 6, 2005
IF I COULD GIVE IT 0 STARS I WOULD,I DIDNT BUY IT ON AMAZON. THIS IS THE MOST WORTHLESS THING I HAVE EVER OWNED. IF I COULD RETURN IT I WOULD BUT I LOST THE RECIPET. THE ONLY THING IT CLEANS IS GROUT BUT THEN JUST SPRAYS ALL OVER THE PLACE SO YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THAT TOO.IT DOESNT WORK ON OVENS, BATHTUBS, SINKS, WINDOWS, OR ANYTHING YOU SEE ON TV. MY MOTHER GOT ONE TOO AND TOOK IT BACK THE SAME DAY. DONT FALL FOR IT YOU WILL BE SORRY.
on July 26, 2004
I got this machine and found it was not what I thought. Yes, it steams - pretty strong too, but it only came out one way - Full blast. It makes cleaning a lot of things difficult. Some things were very dangerous to maneuver while this thing was hanging off my side. It tipped over once and boiling water started to spit out of the nozzle. That was it for me. I liked the idea just not this product.(...)
on May 5, 2004
This was my first steam cleaner. I really like the idea behind it and it *does* work. It does not do all the work for you but it helps a great deal! I learned one thing, in the shower when cleaning you have to steam and quickly wipe away the dirt, soap scum, whatever it is you are removing from your shower wall. If you steam a very large area and wait too long to wipe it clean it almost bakes in the soap residue. If you steam a small area and then wipe it away it works quite well.
I bought this product and then I read reviews. I think I would not have purchased this model had I read reviews first. Actually, there are *so* many reviews referring to something that breaks and causes burns I went ahead and returned the product. After looking it over carefully and considering the temperature of the water after it's heated (boiling) I decided it was too great of a risk to take. It is not made well. There are too many parts that will break probably sooner than later. I only cleaned my shower but due to the concerns I had after really examining this product I decided it was too great of a risk and returned it.
However I really like the concept of steam cleaning. No harsh chemicals, it kills bacteria, it does get rid of soap scum, it works. I am currently looking for a bigger boiler, something that will hold more water because *this* product lasts about 15 minutes max and you have to let it cool down, refill it, wait for it to boil, then you get another (up to) 15 minutes.
Overall, it does the job but the risk is just too great and the time needed for 15 minutes of cleaning just isn't worth it. I would not buy this product.
on September 14, 2007
I personally didn't have any problems with burns, and I had it for nearly 2 years. It did clean my tile floors and oven really well without much effort. My problem was when I didn't use it for several months because I moved to a place with wood floors.

I had stored it with the cap on the whole time and when I took it out a few days ago to clean my oven, the cap wouldn't come off. I tried rubber bands, etc. and it's like it was cemented on there.

I read the manual again, which I did read from cover to cover when I got it, to see if it addressed this issue (it didn't), then I started reading that other people had this problem. I called customer service, which surprisingly answered right away, and was told that the manual explicitly states that the cap must not be left on the steamer, otherwise it gets cemented on there! I would have to spend about half of what I paid to get Shark to repair it.

So, my complaint is more about their poor documentation than the actual steamer. I think I'll get either a Steam Fast or McCulloch.
on November 30, 2003
The only leaking I have had with mine happened when I didn't have the lid secure. The metal loop that holds the shoulder strap was in the up position keeping the lid from being securely tightened. This allowed water & steam to escape. I immediately unplugged it, let the pressure out, and adjusted it as soon as the pressure released - no problem.
It doesn't burn my hand unless I put it in the way of the steam. It does get warm but is not uncomfortable. I'm happy with it. It does what I expected.
on January 17, 2005
I didnt end up using this for as many tasks as I thought. THe steam is actually really loud, and i would get a headache after 10 min. It was the only thing I could use when I was pregnant though and it is great for cleaning out the hinge on the toilet seat. Anyone who has boys in the house knows how dirty those get. Also its wonderful for shooting out the tracks in the windows. I didnt think that it worked on really heavy duty things like soap scum, but it does leave a streak free shine on laminate wood floors.
on June 28, 2004
I purchased the Euro Steamer back in March and I love it. It does everything the ads and other people said it does. I am a bus driver and we all know how school buses get messy and those yucky germs, the Euro Steamer even allowed me to clean my bus and sanitize it with hot steam. So yes I would highly recommend the Euro Steamer to anyone.
on January 22, 2004
Purchased Euro-Pro steamer via infomercial. When we received it, no attachments would fit on. Called customer service several times, every time got a completely different answer. Got so disgusted with this purchase, I returned the unit and will never do business with this company every again.