4.0 out of 5 stars Pet Owner Alert!
Published on October 17, 2011 by Stu

2.0 out of 5 stars poor customer service and no parts available
Published on April 24, 2012 by disappointed

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pet Owner Alert!, October 17, 2011
Stu (Dexter, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Euro-Pro Shark Navigator Swivel Deluxe Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner with Premium Pet Tools
I recently purchased this vacuum cleaner and I'm impressed with all the advertised features especially the suction. Shark promotes this vacuum for pet owners so I think they could do a better job of letting pet owners remove the brush roller to cut away accumulated dog hair that is tightly wound and knotted. Their solution is to turn the vacuum over to expose the brush roller and then cut away the hair or other debris that is trapped in the bristles. This takes a lot to time and patience because you have to manuever your scissors and fingers within the housing slot. It would be much easier if we could remove the brush to cut, unwind, detangle & pull off the knotted clumps of hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars SHOCK and AWE!, January 18, 2012
I had a 7 year old Dyson that had quit picking up almost everything. This was a very slow process over the years that I didn't notice was happening until it wouldn't suck up a tiny, lightweight seed pod.
I had never been completely happy with the Dyson, even when it was new, so after much online research, I very hesitantly decided on this model Shark. (I purchased it at Walmart for $139.88).
I'm 67 years old and have never, ever, had a better vacuum!
We have two Coton de Tulear's who's fur is more like hair ~ very fine, and gets tangled in our carpeting and is extremely hard to remove.
After using it the first time, I was absolutely amazed how much it was bringing up! Dog hair ~ gone, along with everything my Dyson had left behind.
Surprisingly, it does very well cleaning along baseboards etc. No so, with the Dyson.
The dust cup is extremely small, so I did have to empty the dust cup many times when I first used it. I'm sure this will ease up after my Shark has cleaned up all the Dyson left behind.
It does have a shorter cord, which I actually like, and makes a bit of a 'whining' sound when turned on, but it's not distracting.
Lastly, it has a 5 year warranty ~ exactly the same as the very expensive Dyson!
I wouldn't hesitate to try this one out.

2.0 out of 5 stars poor customer service and no parts available, April 24, 2012
this lightweight vacuum does do the job when it comes to picking up pet hair off the carpets, rugs and furniture. HOWEVER shark doesn't tell you on their website or in their commercials that there are no replacement prats available for the power nozzle that is on the bottom of the vacuum. there are no replacement belts or brush rolls available for this part so if there is a malfunction you are forced to either buy yet another vacuum cleaner or to spend more than $60 for a replacement power nozzle so you can continue to use a vacuum you already paid for.

Had i been aware of this fact i would not have purchased this item. the euro pro company needs a reality check!! especially during these tough financial times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sucks in the best possible way., December 25, 2011
Pet hair off the couch easily. Bare floor works great. Easy to assemble. Great suction and functionality all around. I have a Dyson ball, and this Shark works much better. It has a longer cord than the Dyson and the Shark canister holds more and is easy to empty. Great buy. (Don't buy any crappy Bissel or B&D from Walmart; get a Shark.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Difference!, November 26, 2011
We have owned an Electrolux for years, it was the only vacuum that we found consistently picked up some of the dog hair in our house. We have purchased other vacuums over the years and they all quickly became trash. Yeasterday we bought the Shark Navigator Swivel Deluxe after seeing a paid programming advertisement on t.v. My husband put it together and did a test strip over our white berber carpet with the Electrolux compared to the Shark. The Shark left vacuum marks in the berber! That never happened with any other vacuum we owned. Also no dust flew out of it. All our other vacuums left dust trails from the filters that we could see in the light, it was GROSS.
We used the Shark on the stairs with the extender and the corner attachment and it made them look like new. We used the pet attachment on a chair, and even on our black comforter because washing it and dry cleaning it didn't get all the dog hair off. The Shark pet attachment pulled all of it off. We had tried the tape rolls and a pet hair remover and neither worked. The pet attachment, without even being on was removing dog hair!
Last night we slept better. It's a huge difference with the Shark compared to every other vacuum we have ever owned. We are very happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Vac, February 25, 2012
I love this vacuum! When looking for a vacuum I did my research. I was worried about suction, filters, bag or bagless, cord length, and weight.

SCALE of 1 to 10, 1 worst 10 the best here goes

SUCTION = 10 awesome
FILTERS = 10 being able to wash them is a huge advantage
BAGLESS = 8 canister comes off and on easy but after dumping it out you have to check the locks, they need to be pushed and it seems like over time they may not last but we will see
CORD LENGTH = 8 not as long as my old vac but close enough
WEIGHT = 10 becasue its lighter then my old BISSEL pet vac
2 other features that I find to be rather interesting
NO TIPPING = 10 when doing the stairs I don't have to worry about the vac falling over
SUCTION RELEASE SLIDE = 10 if you go over a dog toy or baby toy just slide the lever and it shakes off the tube without stopping and pulling the item off

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Vacuum Cleaner, February 3, 2012
I just got the Shark Navigator UV410 vacuum cleaner and I felt compelled to write a review after having it for only one day (which I normally would not do). Warning, I am going to gush that's how Great I think this vacuum cleaner is.

I have been looking for a replacement vacuum cleaner for a while as my 4-5 year old Dirt Devil canister vacuum cleaner no longer picks up dirt the way it should. It stills picks up dirt particles but I could clearly see that my carpets and rugs were no longer as clean as they could be. I maintain my vacuum cleaner very well and overhaul it every so often so I know maintenance is not the problem. I began my search for a replacement canister vacuum cleaner online and many reviews later and I narrowed my choices down to Shark, Dyson and Hoover vacuum cleaners.

I was able to see the Hoovers in stores and I thought they were just too big. I was also able to see the Dysons in stores but at $400 - $600 for this type of appliance I thought this was very expensive. The only vacuum cleaner I did not see in stores was the Shark. I know that its sold in stores but I just never saw it. I hate making a purchase of this kind site unseen so I turned to YouTube (bypassing the informerical) to see the Shark vacuum cleaner in action for honest reviews and demonstrations.

From the videos I saw I liked that the Shark was not very loud and came with a few hoses and plenty attachments. It looked compact for a canister vacuum cleaner and I liked the swivel feature (which my Dirt Devil does not have). The only thing I could not tell was the weight of the vacuum cleaner. Since I know I get 30 days product trial I took a gamble and ordered the Shark vacuum cleaner. Turned out to be a Great decision.

The Shark vacuum cleaner has to be assembled but it is very easy, the assembly took me less than 5 minutes. I turned the Shark on and immediately noticed how much quieter this vacuum cleaner is over my Dirt Devil. Before I used the Shark to vacuum my carpet and rugs I vacuumed with the Dirt Devil twice. The Dirt Devil picked up the usual amount of dirt particles that I usually see for a few days worth. Then I used the Shark. The Shark is very smooth and handles well however, I did not notice a difference in the weight of the vacuum than what I have (would have preferred to have something lighter in weight) but its nothing I cant handle.

Having just vacuumed twice with my Dirt Devil I was not expecting to see a lot of dirt, I was wrong. There was so much dirt in the Shark I was surprised. The amount of dirt I had in the Shark was equal to that in the Dirt Devil. I can't believe my Dirt Devil was missing so much dirt particles especially since I live in a home with 2 adults and no children or pets. I vacuumed again early this morning just out of curiosity not expecting to see any dirt since I had vacuumed the night before and I was wrong again.

The Shark was still picking up dirt particles. That is when I noticed that my carpets and rugs were now looking fluffy. I haven't seen my carpets or rugs look this way (except when I steam clean the carpets and rugs) from vacuuming in years. The only downside I could see in the Shark over my Dirt Devil, is that the Shark does not have any headlights. My Dirt Devil has a headlight making it easier to see into dark areas or corners, but I am gladly giving up this feature for cleaner carpets and rugs.

I am including a YouTube link on the Shark Navigator vacuum cleaner (its not for the same model I purchased, but it helped me in my decision making).

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Thought I would Love Again, January 28, 2012
After shopping every store, spending hours upon hours of time online looking at product reviews professionaly, and publicly I decided to purchase the Shark EuroPro Pet Deluxe with swivel. I cannot be happier. Not only was my investment much cheaper than a Dyson but I think after looking at all Dysons i have 2 different styles in one. Connecting the extra hose and the appliances is so easy i will not mind doing this everytime i vacuum. The pet attachment is amazing!! I am not scared to purchase new furniture now. I am a proud owner of 2 dogs, however my one sheds awful and leaves everything white. Now I am ease with quick cleanup of my furniture thanks to this vacuum. I have tried handheld vacuums, pet hair pick up store products but nothing compares to the releif and 100% satisfaction with this vacuum. Stop searching and pondering and just purchase this package!! You will have no regrets.
Goodluck and Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just disgusting!!!, February 21, 2012
What can I say, after owning a DD vibe for about 12 months I decided to give the Shark UV410 a try. I vacuum religiously and always thought I had a clean carpet, in fact the same day I brought home the shark I used the DD to vacuum. After picking up the Shark, I wanted to give it a quick test. I was expecting the container to be fairly empty but to my surprised the vac picked up dirt that my old DD missed. I filled up half the container, and my carpet has never looked better. I also really like the swivel, makes vacuuming a lot easier and faster. I couldn't be more pleased with this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars No parts for the powerhead, March 15, 2012
Remodeling in SoCal (Monrovia, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The vac itself performs well ,better than the top rated Kenmore/Panasonic hepa canister we have but there are no replacement parts for the head,ie. belt or brushroll which do wear out on any vac. You have to spend $60 plus s&h for the entire head. There are no other sources either. Even at the $140 price it is stupid to design a vac without replacement belts or brushroll.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›