4.0 out of 5 stars A Huge Step Up from our tiny 2-slice toaster/oven/broiler
I won't kid you -- this oven took a few weeks to get used to. Now we love it and don't miss our little oven.

The obstacles: 1) Size. This unit will take up about 2 feet of counter space.

Published on August 16, 2006 by booklover

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Noisey
Published on November 6, 2006 by Sadie

4.0 out of 5 stars A Huge Step Up from our tiny 2-slice toaster/oven/broiler, August 16, 2006
booklover (WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Euro-Pro TO21 Convection Toaster Oven (Kitchen)

The obstacles: 1) Size. This unit will take up about 2 feet of counter space.

2) Not practical for enclosed storage. The oven gets hot on the sides, and especially the back, so enclosing it into a cabinet like a microwave is probably not a very good idea.

3) Figuring out that the convection fan is better for frozen foods. Without it the oven would overcook the outside and leave the inside frozen.

4) Be more patient -- cooking times may have to be adjusted when converting from another toaster/oven.

5) Glass is not recommended for baking and only one uniquely-shaped pan is provided.

6) added 10/10/07: This model does not broil.

What I like:
1) A handle comes with the oven that allows you to grip the side of a pan to pull it off the rack instead of using pot holders.

2) A pull out tray in the front of the oven comes out easily to remove toast crumbs. No need to take the entire unit apart to clean.

3) A black cooking tray is provided which helps hide burnt on oil and grease.

4) The toast is getting the right amount of heat and frozen foods cook beautifully with the convection oven. Have not used the regular oven or dehydrator yet (because I haven't bought the recommended pans yet).

We originally bought this oven because it can accommodate a 12-inch frozen pizza, besides toast, bake and dehydrate. Ironically, in over 3 months, our son has not attempted to make a single pizza in this oven -- he's pretty much gotten off that junk food phase. Oh well, we're still happy with our upgrade from our well-used Black and Decker 2-Slice Toaster Oven/Broiler. It's been retired to our camping trailer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, a winner, December 8, 2006
This review is from: Euro-Pro TO21 Convection Toaster Oven (Kitchen)
I admit it, I bought this Euro-Pro Convection Oven because I fell in love with it's sleek design. Aesthetics aside, I am also very pleased with its performance. It's very quiet, and comes with a rack as well as a pan. The handy crumb tray is inside the oven, so food spills on it, not inside the oven. The food we've cooked so far has turned out perfectly. Mere frozen pizza turns into a delectable treat, and some onion rings I made were so wonderfully crisp they made me swoon!

Along with the pros, there are some cons. The oven does get very hot, so you must be careful. As previously stated, it's probably not a good idea to put it in an enclosed space. I think this may be true for all portable convection ovens though. The timer begins at 30 minutes and will only change in 1 minute increments, which is mildly annoying if you want to cook something that only takes 10 minutes. The instructions warn that the oven must be unplugged after each use, yet it comes with a clock. What good is it to have a clock on your convection oven if you have to reset it each time? One additional minor complaint: the oven had a couple of flaws. A one-inch scratch on the oven floor, and a pretty good-sized flaw on the bake pan. I don't know about you, but when I get something new, I'd like it to be pristine.

All-in-all though, the pros outweigh the cons. The convection oven is a great time-saver, and you get crispy food, something you simply cannot get with a microwave. It's also a wonderful appliance to have in the summertime; you won't have to heat up your entire house just to have some fries. I would definitely recommend the Euro-Pro. It's a good little oven for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Noisey, November 6, 2006
Sadie (Ventura, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Euro-Pro TO21 Convection Toaster Oven (Kitchen)
The fan on this oven rattles loudly when it cooks. Also, the buttons give out an ear-splitting beep when they are pushed. Even though I allowed for the convection fan and lowered the temperature, everything I cooked either burned or came out tough. It took far too long to cook even the easiest of dishes. The oven gets very very hot, but the food inside of it doesn't. After 5 days it went back in the box. The best part about this oven was the handy tool it comes with to take out the tray.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Recommend, October 17, 2006
This review is from: Euro-Pro TO21 Convection Toaster Oven (Kitchen)
Unfortunately is stopped working a month or so after I bought it at Target. I called the manufacturer and was told to send it to the repair center at my cost and wait 6 -8 weeks until they fix it and return it to me. Very poor customer service too, the technical support rep took a very long time getting my name, address, proceeded to spell my name military style several times....

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toaster Oven Ever Purchased, November 16, 2007
This review is from: Euro-Pro TO21 Convection Toaster Oven (Kitchen)
We've had it for over a year now. We use it everyday for baking and for toast. We've never had more perfect toast. We have a full-size convection oven as well and can attest to the baking-speed being similar to that of our full size convection oven. What we love most is the digital keypad is enclosed just like the ones on microwaves...No grease can get into cracks. The second feature our family love is that we can fit a pizza in there without any problems. When baking tall apple pies (or cakes) in it, I would recommend a lower oven temperature. Even though it has an adjustable rack which can be moved up or down, the heating element tends to be either too close to the top of the pie or too close to the bottom of the pie. Our old Delonghi brand toaster ($80 as well, but toast was never this good) had knobs on it which started to stick. We couldn't get the knobs unstuck even though we put a ton of lubricant on it. We're going to try to avoid toasters with knobs from now on. We've also seen keypad which are not fully enclosed. I can't imagine how people would be able to keep those clean to avoid blockage.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, October 21, 2007
This review is from: Euro-Pro TO21 Convection Toaster Oven (Kitchen)
We bought this so we wouldn't have to heat the house up with the oven during the summer. WE LOVE THIS THING!
Yes, it does get hot on the outside. Be careful. But it can do everything that the big oven does.
Yes, there is a learning curve. We still haven't quiet mastered the convection cooking. We have cooked cakes, pizzas, chicken, etc in it.
LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toaster Oven/Convection Oven on the Planet!, May 12, 2007
Kait (Long Beach, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Euro-Pro TO21 Convection Toaster Oven (Kitchen)
I saw this at a Target store but you can only buy them online from Target. You can get them through Amazon and I recommend that because Amazon has better customer service than Target.

I've baked chicken, broiled salmon, baked scones, cakes, and even dried fruit in this. The food comes out perfect every time.

I've been using this now for about a week and it's just like having a real oven. It bakes beautifully without heating up the whole kitchen like the oven does. It's sleek and looks nice on the counter.

I was going to buy a DeLonghi, but I recommend this. It's bigger, can do more, and you can't beat the price. This really is the best toaster oven/convection oven on the planet. Nobody does it better.

3.0 out of 5 stars EuroPro Convection Oven, January 3, 2008
This review is from: Euro-Pro TO21 Convection Toaster Oven (Kitchen)
I purchase this item it was a bit larger than expected, take up too much counter top space. Overall the design and asthetic look is pleasing but controls are not quite user friendly. For instance if you are using this oven and select a function to change the temperature or time, you would have to shut the oven off and restart with the new settings.

2.0 out of 5 stars sorry I bought it, February 16, 2009
This review is from: Euro-Pro TO21 Convection Toaster Oven (Kitchen)
Euro-pro T021 You cannot use it at 450. It goes into E-2 and cannot get it to do any thing except set the clock. This happen to me before , but after sitting a day, it finally decided to work again. I made the sad mistake of forgetting that it does not like temps over 350. So now I will wait till tomorrow and hope it will work again. There is nothing in the manuel for any error codes.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'VE HAD THIS EURO-PRO SIX YEARS AND I LOVE IT, August 21, 2012
This review is from: Euro-Pro TO21 Convection Toaster Oven (Kitchen)
I bought this convection oven six years ago, to use instead of my large oven. I don't like to heat the house up in the summer. I was interested to find it here on Amazon, if I needed to replace the one I have now, I would buy this, but unfortunately it's unavailable.

I bought it in a local store, it only had one shelf, but I ordered another from the company. It's a great size, most toaster ovens are much smaller. I can get two standard Nordic Ware 12 cup muffin pans in it. I've been baking 24 cupcakes at a time for a long time.

Nordic Ware Muffin Pan - 12 cup Standard Size

I kept the plastic wrap (that was supposed to come off) over the oven controls. It's kept it nice and clean. Recently I took the old stuff off and sellotaped a new layer on, it looks like new. The newer models have knobs, which aren't as good.

I had a Black and Decker toaster before I got this one, the quality was not as good as this, it was much smaller and didn't last long. This one keeps on going.

ARRAY(0xa68bf1c8)